• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 2/4/2004 9:01:27 PM Marvel wrote:

fini,

Is that David Grisman? I've got a vinyl copy of a '77 album of his. Great stuff!

Marvel

----------------

Yep! I've seen him play many a time (he's local to the North Bay Area), with his Quintet, Jethro Burns and Tiny Moore, Grappelli, Doc Watson, Tony Rice. Never with Jerry, though (a regret of mine). I agree: Great stuff. He's got his own label now, dontcha know (Acoustic Disc). Here's his website.

Now why would I post his picture here (besides the fact he's a bit scruffy)?

----------------

If more people don't post some dog pictures pretty soon, I'm going to start posting some cat pictures.

----------------

Oh, lets not get started on posting cat pictures, My Ex-wife used to breed and show Persians, I got more dang cat pictures then you'd ever want to see. Sorry no dogs in my house! just two persian cats, one Green wing Macaw, One goffin Cockatoo and two 125 gallon saltwater reefs.

Well in about 1969 the Goodman familly looked like this:

whole%20familly%20c1969.jpg?dc=467528843

The one on the left is Adam (he got called Adam - I got called Max - confused parents!!). We got him from the Police who thought he would be too big for the cars they had at the time (he was 9 months old in this shot and got a lot bigger - think Horse!!)

On current dogs:

This is boggart - one of the world's most expensive dogs medically (Kalazaar three times and now it seems he has Diabetes - oh joy!!)

bogart.jpg?dc=4675446836580744423

And Naomi who cost next to nothing from day one:

I'd%20like%20to%20help%20you%20out%20but

I´ve got the feather and you don´t!

ChipNLillFeather1.jpg

Chip(Golden Lab mix) and Lilly(White Shepherd) on vacation on the Gulf of Mexico last Jan 2004. Chip and Lilly are both rescue dogs.

I'm looking to purchase some Heresy II and/or Chorus II in the Chicagoland area.

----------------

On 2/5/2004 8:52:26 AM Brap wrote:

Ok, here's Buddy at 4 months. Pretty cute huh?

----------------

Whoa, that dog is CUTE. I miss Duffy ... Just got home from three days on the road, and I miss her waiting at the door just to nuzzle and cuddle.

Damned cancer. Two parents and a dog in two years.

----------------

On 2/12/2004 5:34:36 PM Papertester wrote:

This is Freida a purebreed East german Shepard the pic was taken two Christmas's ago at 2 yrs old. All her brothers are Police Dogs. She is the most gentle dog I have ever owned. Surely man's best friend

----------------

Duffy was a Golden/Border Collie mix. She was gentle as the day was long as well. She was a "pound puppy"; all the other dogs in cages were going bonkers, and she was just hanging out. One look at her and I opened her cage, climbed right in, sat down, and she crawled into my lap.

No further questions. Friends for life.

Man, I've had cats, birds, you name it. Great dogs hold a special place, some place immediately after wife and child. Duffy's been gone a bit over a month now, and I keep looking at these dog pictures and know that I need to find another "special one" that needs a good home.

8.gif

http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~laird/animal_rescue/breed_rescue_organizations

This is one of the best sites for hooking up with various rescue organizations nationwide. We have gotten our last three shelties through Sheltie Rescue, and we can't say enough about the purebred and Heinz 57 varieties rescues that save and foster needed souls! Adopt a friend for life!