LAST CALL Arkansas Gathering - This Saturday - May 8th

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dean, dropping down the southern route, eh? I had adventures in packing Ms. Blueberry, as my wife put the boxes in places other than where I put them, and consolidated the packing materials. Turned out she used some as well, so the preamp is coming down in the Pelican, Dee.

I stuck in the last Telefunken 12AX7, so you can roll tubes to your heart's content, on V2. The instruction manual is included, the tubes are all boxed, and there is a nut driver and tube support rolled in plastic as well. The packing is de minimus but hits the critical points, and the journey is rather short, so we can keep our fingers crossed. If similar electronic equipment in the same case can get to Chernobyl unscathed, Little Rock should be a breeze. Keep it for a couple weeks, Dee so you can get a good feel for it. Just shoot me an e-mail when it is en route.

Enjoy!3.gif

Well, we're finally getting to bed. In the morning we're heading for the Peabody.

See all you loons Saturday morning, and oh -- please find a nice spot on floor in front of the rack for my granite slab and QUADs. You might want to clear out everything around it too -- because if they go up in smoke -- I wouldn't want to see anyone else's gear destroyed.9.gif

Except for some unknowns, the average age at this little southern soiree is mid 40s, what does that say about lovers of Klipschs big ole horns that we cant hear the bright high end?

2.gif

Now THAT is a scary thought indeed!6.gif

You have a bunch of middle aged guys who can't see their belt buckles(and a few beautiful ladies) meeting in Little Rock to hear some music, eat some hubcaps, and donate to the state police fund. Have a great time!2.gif

Tough on speeders???? Hehe, they are tough on ANYONE with out-of-state plates. Don't be surprised if you are pulled over and asked if you have any drugs in the car, and don't be surprised if they ask you to consent to a search of the persons and vehicle to prove it. Don't dare resist, or your electronic gear may get pulled to pieces6.gif

It's standard operating procedure in Arkansas, this process has been shown on COPS (TV show) on several occasions, as well as myself and my buddies as personal proof.....

So yes, obey the laws down there - especially when behind the wheel.6.gif

Dean, We've got a clear spot for your slabs and buffer for the safety of guests and gear. Don't push the speed too much. I don't want you to hear the high sheriff say those famous words: "Boy, Yur in a heepa trouble." Call me on my cell if I need to come to West Memphis to post bond. We really do want to hear your quads. 9.gif

Colin. Yep, Jesse is holding up the young adult end and is coming in from Hendrix (nationally ranked and recognized)College with his RF-7's. Not too shabby for a young man, eh! His future is so bright he's gotta wear shades! 10.gifI am a Hendrix alum of remarkable accomplishment. After I graduated they changed the requirements for graduation. ...closed the loopholes! Graduated not magna cum laude, not cum laude, but thankya Laude!

Terry, we'll have three systems on idle when you arrive!

Dave, You da man. Thanks for getting that rascal packed up and on the way. I was wondering what the "Pelican" was. If it can get gear to Chernobyl it indeed should make it to LR.

*whew*....Just loaded up the RF-7's into the car. You guys better be glad I love you all :) Looks like they've picked up a couple of new dings from this year of dorm life, too ;)

Yeah, I'll be the youngest, I'm afraid. Only 22! Tomorrow will definitely be a learning experience for me...I'm going to try to shutup and do lots of listening (to wisdom and good music).

-Jesse

Yeah, as Fini said, who's who?

OK here goes. Time for mew to guess who's who. I will go out on a limg and say that Trey is the guy with the white Klipsch t-shirt kneeling down, Andy is the guy in the back row behind Trey with the old school Klipsch shirt, glasses and baseball cap, Dee would be the other guy who is also kneeling and wearing the Hawaiin shirt, and then DeanG is the guy on the left of the only female in the pic who must be his wife? How'd I do so far?

When are we going to hear the reviews? Enquiring minds want to know! 9.gif

I would like to thank Dee Edwards and Tony Reed (our co-hosts) for providing this opportuntiy for the group to gather for listening to various equipment and good discussion of all things audio. Many, perhaps hundreds, of pictures were taken and likely more will eventually make it to the forum. Perhaps someone got a picture of a Hubcap burger.

Bob Crites