Pink Cornwalls?

Colin: There are women in Dragracing, currently one of which is the daughter of John Force. And long before her there was a young lady by the name Shirly Muldowney....she took her career to the top, beating Big Danny Don Garlits and Don the Snake, each more than once.

But one thing is for certain......those are damn ugly grills. The bastard should be shot.

IF everything works, these would be a great set of Cornwalls to pick up. Why? Because you would be one motivated MFer to get them put back on Respectable Street. New veneer, rip the facing quarter rounds off, and they will look beautiful. Noone will know their prior history in a brothel outside of Reno...9.gif

Yikes! Gee Thanks Dan, NO they are not mine. And I must say that I am ashamed and embarassed to reside in the same town with these2.gif. Well, not totally ashamed and embarassed, after all they are still Klipsch.

----------------

On 5/24/2004 1:50:12 PM J.4knee wrote:

Pinnk Cornwalls ...white Heresy's maybe they can be set up in a Good N Plenty HT!!----------------

Click to Good & Plenty Web Site

Once upon a time there was an engineer

Choo Choo Charlie was his name, we hear.

He had an engine and he sure had fun

He used Good & Plenty candy to make his train run.

Charlie says "Love my Good & Plenty!"

Charlie says "Really rings my bell!"

Charlie says "Love my Good & Plenty!"

Don't know any other candy that I love so well! <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

Good & Plenty Spoof

goodnplenty.jpg

----------------

On 5/24/2004 3:26:52 PM jorjen wrote:

Yikes! Gee Thanks Dan, NO they are not mine. And I must say that I am ashamed and embarassed to reside in the same town with these
2.gif
. Well, not totally ashamed and embarassed, after all they are still Klipsch.

----------------

Hey Jordan! I wasn't trying to insinuate anything. I just figured they looked like the perfect fodder for one of your refurb projects and that perhaps you were trying to thin the herd a bit. I have NO DOUBT that you could make them beautiful again.2.gif

For $400-500 they'd be worth the effort (perhaps). $700 seems a stretch, no?

Gullah, take a close look at these...the quarter rounds were added after the factory, and they were raw birch starting out before getting a poor dark walnut stain. They may have been decorators, or maybe not, but this would be a perfect canidate for a reveneer. They can't be messed up much worse visually than they already are, and noone wants to step up to bid on them. Wave a wand, do some basic veneering, and someone can have a beautiful set of rosewood, zebrawood, or cherry Cornwalls. If they were in St. Louis, they would probably be in my basement now, and I'd be buying some of the tools Greg uses. While it is fun to find and buy good deals, I would be pretty chuffed to work on a set of Corns. You won't get a more straightforward veneer job!

Yup of course they were Decorators. The Model # says it all. Also the Decorator model has two slits for ports in the front where a normal Cornwall will have 3.

I agree rip off the quater round and throw out the grills and it would not take much at all to get these looking good again.

Laters,

Jeff

HOLY SCHNIKES! 6.gif

SOLD using "Buy It Now"!14.gif

I hope to God that somebody made him a lower offer and the seller ended the auction 'cuz 700 bones is a WHOLE LOTTA' money.

I was actually going to contact him and see if we could work something out. They might make nice "garage" speakers if nothing else!! I could hook them up to my Pioneer Quadraphonic receiver!2.gif