Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

right now i can't think because i am soooooo stoked! my first option is selling the 2 extra rf-7s to two different people. i already contacted the first guy who is going to call the second. i will receive the speakers in this week, i hope, and i will get a good look at them. the guy told me that a few of the speakers have some dings. i don't have pics of those dings yet, that's why he sent all 4 of them. he told me that none were that big of a deal, and i am trusting him. i belive 1 of the rf-7's is missing a woofer or something like that, but he told me he can order anyhing i needed from klipsch. i also think none of them have grills, and to me that doesn't matter because i don't like them with the grills on. i don't have a buyer for the rc-7 in mind, if jordan is serious i will put him first and as as i get it in i will take pics and email them out.

you know i have no idea why he still had them. i called him on a whim to ask about some rs-42's with some rb-51's. during the conversation i just asked if he had any, and he did. he acted like buying them was a bad idea because he thought the newer stuff was better......

Howdy! Got a good deal on some speakers to replace my surrounds....so here we go. Room treatments are next. We usually move the sofa up for movies and angle the speakers in a bit more. Also a rug is thrown down. I love the sound of the Reference series for movies. Klipsch is where it's at. STOKED!

5.1 Sytem: RF-82 / RF-62 / RC-62 Onkyo TX-SR805

2605840768_75caf8dae8.jpg

2605840804_4012a829c4.jpg

Wiz, you've got a sweet looking room there but a ton of early reflections from those horns being right next to the walls (maybe not a bad thing on the 'rear speakers'). I'd seriously toe the front speakers in toward the center of the room for better imaging and sound stage.

Wiz...this is a nice room. Have you ever thought about flipping everything around and getting a projector/screen for the other wall?

Howdy! Got a good deal on some speakers to replace my surrounds....so here we go. Room treatments are next. We usually move the sofa up for movies and angle the speakers in a bit more. Also a rug is thrown down. I love the sound of the Reference series for movies. Klipsch is where it's at. STOKED!

5.1 Sytem: RF-82 / RF-62 / RC-62 Onkyo TX-SR805

2605840768_75caf8dae8.jpg

2605840804_4012a829c4.jpg

Thanks guys! I borrowed a little Sony 8" sub that sits next to the sofa. It doesn't too sound bad, especially for free! Thanks for the advice, I toed the fronts in (and the backs a little) and re-ran Audyessy. Sounds even better now!

Good idea on the projector. I tried to get my wife to go that route, but she said to wait until we have a basement. She is eager to get out of our townhouse so hopefully it won't be too long! [:D]

so how does it sound with those beautiful hard wood floors? any problems with that? i just sold my set up to a friend and he had hardwood floors. the sub setting was a pain in the a**! in a nut shell, in my living room i had the sub set at 7 and the receiver at +1.5. in his room i had to set the sub to 11 (maybe 12) and had the receiver at +8.5. the sad part was it still didn't sound as good in my living room. i spoke to someone who had a down firing sub and said they had the same problems with it on hard wood floors. i think he said he had to put carpet under it. after he did that he said it sounded great....

My "Home Theatre" looks like ATTRACTION of VIRTUAL REALITY: 12 projectors make on 4 screens (1.5x6 meter each) STEREOSCOPIC image, 12 chairs with LFE (Buttkikcer), audio equipment - KLIPSCH (4 x RF82, 2 x RS52, 1 x RC62, 1 x SW12d) + Pioneer LX70:

Posted Image

-

-

Posted Image

-

-

Posted Image

The "attraction of virtual reality" is not only in my head, it's quite REAL :). Now i have the "prototype" (size 4x2x2 meter, 4 screens 2x0.5 meter and 1 couch with Buttkicker; final size will 9x6x3 meter, 4 screens 6x1.5 meter, 12 couches).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Equipment:

1) computer Core 2 Quad 9650 4GHz, RAM 8GB, RAID 2TB, videocard Quadro FX 4500 X2 + 4 modules MATROX TripleHead2Go, soundcard Creative X-Fi Elit Pro;

2) receiver Pioneer LX70;

3) 12 projectors BenQ 1024x768 pix, 85 Hz in stereo;

4) acoustic 7.1 KLIPSCH (front and back surround RF82, surround RS52, center RC62, SW RW12d);

5) IR transmitter + 50 wireless Shutterglasses;

6) 4 ampliefers Buttkicker + 12 Shakers (1 shaker for 1 couch).

I make "stereomovies" for this "attraction" in 3D-programs (VUE, POSER, Maya, RealFlow etc.). Multichannel sound i make also (FL Studio, Adobe Audition etc.).

This "attraction" is my first (i developed it for 4 years), next will be VERY VERY COOL: 7 rooms (viewers will walk from one room to another), 46 projectors, 16 screens (on walls, floor and ceiling) and acoustic ONLY KLIPSCH :) :

Posted Image

So far I'm pleased. The rug we lay down in front helps, and I get plenty of bass back at the couch. The little Sony sub I have is front firing and really does a decent job. I'm in a townhouse so I can't really get too crazy with the bass right now. One day!

• dtel pinned this topic