Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

• 3 weeks later...

Phase 1 is to get it functional - phase 2 will be decorating..

This is basically what it looks like now, except the temporary box sub has been replaced, and there's now a 117" wide 2.37:1 screen on order to replace this 92" wide, 1.78:1 screen.

Posted Image

The surrounds:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The infinite baffle subs -18's baby!

Posted Image

and the frequency response they give me... good down to 11hz..

Posted Image

The equipment rack: PS3, old DVD player, AVR354, Rane PE17 EQ, EP2500, Emotiva XPA5. Soon to be added is an Emotiva UPA-2 for the rear surrounds, and an Emotiva UMC-1 to run the show..

Posted Image

Thats the problem with this type of subwoofer design. No way to move it to achieve a flatter frequency response in the room. It really drops off after 35Hz.

Should give you more respect for the amount of research and development dollars companies like Klipsch invest in subwoofer design.

Happy Holidays!!!

Posted Image

I posted a few dozen pages back, but have changed a few things. I use additional RF-7s and KLF-30s for surrounds and rears. And I know what you may think: I should have matching fronts and matching rear and surrounds. Well, I have thought of changing to having all the RF-7s up front, but unfortunately the KLF-30s don't fit as well in the doorway where I have the surrounds. I would love to some day test to see if there is better sound this way, but it sounds incredible as it is.

I call it our house of Klipsch. My wife calls it a monstrosity. I think our 15 month old son is siding with me; he loves the sound and reverberations.

Thats the problem with this type of subwoofer design. No way to move it to achieve a flatter frequency response in the room. It really drops off after 35Hz.

Should give you more respect for the amount of research and development dollars companies like Klipsch invest in subwoofer design.

Are you talking about my IB? That's funny. That freq. response is EQ'd to a "hard-knee house curve", and the curve is completely intentional.

There is no "problem" with this type of system. Its location was measured and planned, and no box subwoofer can approach the sound quality of an IB. Oh, and it's plenty loud, too.

• Moderators

I don't have time to go back and try to fix why it's cropping the images and to correct the images

Your images just need to be a tad smaller to post in the forums if you want it to fit within the forum without cropping the images. We can still right click on the image and choose "View Image" to see it in full size.

• dtel pinned this topic