Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

You bet Rob, I will be sure to post soon as its all up... Starting from scratch with all the DECO, lighting, (some already installed) and freshly washed curtains ready for re-installation and such. Lots of new additions this time around and I can't wait to hear what it will all sound like. Its a tiny - intimate room (only 11 x 13 x 8') but once in it, you are totally removed from the world outside [;)]

................g

I had mine done with ecoustic material. No fiberglass here. Dangerous. My whole room cost maybe $1100

you also have pretty tall ceilings to if I am not mistaken? Bet it sounds good!
No, not really. 8-9 foot peak.
From the video I saw it looked to be 12-15 lol!! The vaulted ceilings are awesome though....have you considered any sound diffussion up there?, I am considering it on my back walll and above my listening position.

Carl, Nice looking setup! Love how clean it looks. You wana explain how you have those subs setup? Very interested.

Thanks. It's an IB (Infinite Baffle) sub. Basically, the front wave is sent into the room and the rear wave is in the plane behind the wall (unused), There's no "box" sound to it at all, just clean low (110dB @ 10 Hz) bass. Most box/horn subs have a slight signature to them, the IB removes that signature and all you hear is the bass.

I figured after 6 years on the forum it was time to post a pic. Equipment is in my sig. Click the pic to enlarge. Click again for detail.

Carl

VERY clean looking set-up.....very nice!

Thanks! It's kinda morphed into what it is now, over the course of several years.

I figured after 6 years on the forum it was time to post a pic. Equipment is in my sig. Click the pic to enlarge. Click again for detail.

Carl

Really nice setup Carl... I like the vaulted ceiling.... I know you enjoy it.....

Very clean Carl... and I agree with Boxx..

However, you never mentioned the 'Salamander' audio rack in the equip. listing I installed TWO of these in friend's home theaters... A VERY good unit for $1400+

On your subs.............they would also be considered 'free air' drivers, NOT needing a box to run them safely. Much like an audio system in a car, where the rear deck 'Free Air' subs use the entire trunk as the space with the cars interior to excite [;)] (well over 6 cu. ft.)

.............Gary

• dtel pinned this topic