Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

With very limited space and very specific requirements, I have decided to build my own entertainment center for my den. Here is a design:

I would avoid putting your mains inside the cabinet. For a center it's fine usually. For the mains, you are now limited to not only direct radiating speakers, but also very specific sizes as well as a limited separation.

Thanks for the good advice. I hear what you are talking about. I have thought about this a great deal, and I have contemplated many designs. Currently, I am using a simple TV stand, and a side stand for most of the equipment. It sounds good, but is not an effective enough use of the space.

I am trying to utilize the space I have, and still have extra shelving. I'm not too afraid to commit to the mains hole size because the system sounds fantastic. As for seperation, with a short wall, you get what you can. The current design is 6' center to center on the mains, with listening position 10' back. Not perfect, but with the sofa off-center to the wall, the TV is left of center also. The wall is 10' total, and the ET center needs to be the right-most 8' of that. The sub is to the left of the unit.

I hope I have drawn a picture of what I am talking about. There are no other options for the room layout, as there are 3 doors, two windows, and a huge computer corner unit already in the room.

This setup was in my old house. My father built it for me to house all my components and center channel. The main reason the stand was built was due to not having a place to put the center channel.

As far it looking like a kitchen, I have no idea what you are talking about. It was made out of MDF, pine stiles, and plywood. Sanded and painted with Behr gloss paint. The doors are custom made out of MDF.

I really dont care what you believe as far as the cost of the total project. Im not really understanding why you posted a comment anyway. Sand like finish? gritty? not real sure what you meant by that either. That IMHO is ugly.

I was in no way trying to insult CCEA with the original comment, was merely trying to show guys here what can be done in a weekend or two and some paint.

Im a firefighter, so I do have more time for some DIY, but if I didnt, I still wouldnt pay the premium price you speak of for manuf. furniture.

I like how you imply that it looks good but only from a distance, I guess everyone in this thread needs to start taking pictures up real real close to satisfy peple like you? lol hilarious.

Please by all means post your setup!

thanks

Wow dude, no need to blow a gasket. IMHO your setup looks like kitchen cabinetry and IMHO doesn't really fit in a A/V room..no need to go postal...I prefer the look of the other guy's setup even though you may have more space in your's. You are entitled to like that look and others have commented they do too.

When I said 'sand-like' finish, I meant like the color of sand.

That was definitely more than a weekend project and IMHO most wouldn't be able to complete it for $300. If it was that was why I was wondering how it looked close up and inside...again curious more than trying to trump some louisiana firefighter.

Hey ragingbull.... Just curious about your setup. I don't see a center channel... Is there one hiding somewhere? I see 4 front "mains"..... What are they all setup to do? Lastly (keep in mind I know nothing about heritage)... Why don't you use your most expensive speakers as your front mains for home theatre as well as 2 channel? Are they no good for HT? Just curious about the heritage is all.

Hey Jason

My 2ch set up is K-Horns with a Heresy III as the center it's sitting on the library table in the long shot. Still have not tried this set up with one of my LaScala's as I'm totally happy with the way this sounds.

The HT some times I use the RF's when the wife is watching, she says the LaScals are to much. [;)]

There is a RC-62 center in the TV stand.

All panels are 2x4 absortion from acoustimac. Filled with ecoustimac material. I got them mainly to cut down on the echo in the room. I actually had four left over that I wasnt sure what to do with. Two of them went on the tv wall, the other two are sitting waiting. Debating on the ceiling?

Posted Image

All panels are 2x4 absortion from acoustimac. Filled with ecoustimac material. I got them mainly to cut down on the echo in the room. I actually had four left over that I wasnt sure what to do with. Two of them went on the tv wall, the other two are sitting waiting. Debating on the ceiling?

I bet those treatments made a difference, mine did for sure. Maybe some diffusion between those panels on the ceiling? I placed some over MLP and it made a unbelievable diference.

How long till you move?

Man I hate how this site cuts off the image! I move out in about a month, if inspection passes on the house.

Good luck with the inspection. Moving is very exciting AND a ton of work.

Well the house has too many issues I didn't see before, so we are going to drop it. What were you going to say CECCA850? My sub placement?

Well the house has too many issues I didn't see before, so we are going to drop it. What were you going to say CECCA850? My sub placement?

Sorry about the house.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking in the second statement. Sorry. I'm sure I missed something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • dtel pinned this topic