Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

And a more dramatic view. I upgraded the reciever to the Pioneer Elite SC-57 and moved my old Yamaha into the bedroom however I don't have any speakers for that one yet so its kinda just sitting there. I ended up tearing the back out of my TV stand to fit everything inside. Looks so much cleaner! I also got the Monster HTS 3600 power center and of course the KA-1000-THX amp for the KW subwoofer. So it's pretty snug inside the TV stand. In the near future I plan on upgrading my surround the the reference line and moving my 1.1's into the bedroom. Then getting rid of the SW-311 to make way for another KW-120-THX! I want to thank everyone for the knowledge and advice in helping me select what is possibly the greatest HT in all of Okinawa, Japan! (Where I'm stationed)

post-52230-13819666104146_thumb.jpg

The only way to get 1080p is BD right now.

Jason,

Some Dish Network video on demand content is broadcast in 1080P. I have not personally watched any in 1080P but am very pleased with the 1080i content with the exception of fast moving sports, that is where 1080p really shines.

Bill

Willland,

You are usually correct and I dont have dish or direct tv. However last time I checked their is zero broadcast in 1080p. Maybe I'm wrong cause it's been about a year since I investigated. I just recently read that Netflix is doing some 1080 in selected markets but I have not actually viewed said content. I'm highly skeptical that it's as good as BD?

I'm highly skeptical that it's as good as BD?

The thing is, at least up here in Canada with Bell, the format doesn't mean much since they often compress the signal a lot to save bandwidth. It's far from Bluray bitrate.

Telus might be better since they are new on the market and were able to deploy a system based on MP4, which requires less birate for the same signal quality. Bell Expressvu (sat TV) is stuck with lots of deployed decoders that only decode MP3 and can't upgrade without a substantial investment.

What I have noticed more than anything is the degrees of clarity from one HD broadcast to another. Some so called"HD" signals are not much better than SD but some have such liquidity and depth that they will give BD a run for its money. In my area(mid FL), the National Geographic Channel HD content is most consistantly superior to any other HD broadcasts I have seen.

Bill

And a more dramatic view. I upgraded the reciever to the Pioneer Elite SC-57 and moved my old Yamaha into the bedroom however I don't have any speakers for that one yet so its kinda just sitting there. I ended up tearing the back out of my TV stand to fit everything inside. Looks so much cleaner! I also got the Monster HTS 3600 power center and of course the KA-1000-THX amp for the KW subwoofer. So it's pretty snug inside the TV stand. In the near future I plan on upgrading my surround the the reference line and moving my 1.1's into the bedroom. Then getting rid of the SW-311 to make way for another KW-120-THX! I want to thank everyone for the knowledge and advice in helping me select what is possibly the greatest HT in all of Okinawa, Japan! (Where I'm stationed)

That 2nd pic looks awesome usmcavenger. Klipsch really
hit a home run with the looks of the rf-7ii. [:D]

And AFTER!!! About a month ago I finally received my Klipsch RF-7II's as well as the RC-64II !! I You can't see here but I mounted the 1.1's on the wall behind my couch. Also I now have 2 subwoofers. (By accident) Behind my couch I have the small but mighty SW-311 and to the right of the RF-7II's I have the KW-120-THX which hits deeper than I could have ever imagined!

usmcavenger, your TV got a lot smaller when you got the surround system. [;)]

And AFTER!!! About a month ago I finally received my Klipsch RF-7II's as well as the RC-64II !! I You can't see here but I mounted the 1.1's on the wall behind my couch. Also I now have 2 subwoofers. (By accident) Behind my couch I have the small but mighty SW-311 and to the right of the RF-7II's I have the KW-120-THX which hits deeper than I could have ever imagined!

usmcavenger, your TV got a lot smaller when you got the surround system. Wink

[:D]

Before I begin this I do apologize for this being one giant paragraph. For some reason even when I space down several times between paragraphs after I post it, it is one giant blob of words. Very irritating. Anyways, my 47in Philips is way too small now! haha. I do plan on upgrading that but I'm going to wait till I transfer back to the states because for some reason the mover companies out here for the military have a cow when it comes to TV's over 47in. So we'll see. As for my Elite SC-57, I'm not tech expert so please forgive me for not including any of those details. But before I receiver my new Klipsch's I hooked up the new Elite receiver to my old 1.1's and immediatly noticed a difference! Now that I have a 5.2 system I love being able to play with all the different THX settings. However There is one particular setting that works for both music, movies and video games. So The other's are pretty much there for no reason. Same with the different advanced surround settings. The "Extended Stereo" sounds way better than all the rest so I just keep it on that one. Honestly there is so much more you can do with this receiver but once I found that sweet spot with the sound and made sure that my iPhone could control the volume, phase control and bass levels I just left it. At this time I don't have the speakers to run different zones but at the same time my tiny on base house is already overwhelmed with what I already have so I don't think there's a need just yet.

Now here is my one and only complaint with the SC-57 that hopefully someone can help me out with. The female end of the power cord that plugs into the back of the reciever does not fit properly. The holes line up with the prongs on the back of the receiver but it just won't fit snug. Just the lightest wiggle and it can fall out. There is NO WAY that this is how it's supposed to be! I did already call the Pioneer Tech support and they said if I fax them a copy of my reciept and what not that they'll send out another one. Who knows if the second one will even fit. But I do hate that because they are the one's that messed up, I have to go out of my way and locate a fax machine. So for many that will make or break whether or not they like the receiver. I don't have the option of going to a "Best Buy" type of store to return it so I can only rely on Pioneer sending out the correct power cord or returning it all together but that'll be another hassel in itself. Has anyone heard of this being a problem with Pioneer products? Or at least the Elite line? Other than that though the reciever is awesome. More than enough power and bells and whistle's that it'll be some time before I ever "need" a new reciever. I have loved Yamaha my whole life, but this Elite is just that, Elite.

Got my 6 242 GIK panels today and mounted them on the drop ceiling (that was NOT fun!!) and thought I would post some before and after pics....I havent ran Audyssey on it yet but the sound is a lot more crisp and smooth sounding. 9.1 has a lot of reflection points LOL!!

Here is the foam before:

Posted Image

Here are the new panels:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• dtel pinned this topic