Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Well as some of you know a lot has gone on in the last couple of months for me, bought a house on a short sale deal (fixer upper) and have gone from KLF-30's to Powered QSC KW-122's for my main speakers in my 3.1 home theater.

Hey superedge how do you like the professional QSC's vs the KLF-30's? I know a guy that just built a studio using the QSC's, haven't listened to them yet but how do they compare?

Posted Image

The qsc's effectively fill the roll I wanted them to- sledge hammers covered in velvet. I always wanted powered horns with enough headroom to never worry about distortion/compression. I wanted authoritative speakers to slap you in the face but also be able to soothe with definition at low volumes. The qsc's accomplish these goals with ease. the qsc kw122's are basically industrial Klipsch speakers with perfectly matched amplifiers and a six year warranty, Hard to beat. I also wanted speakers that had an industrial finish that could take some abuse but not show it. It is unfair to compare the klf's to the qsc's, since they are completely different animals, but the qsc's do have more surprising dynamics than what my stock klf's had.

I think it's much better now.

Tv is on the wall and the receiver is finally in the cabinet. This leaves more room for the speaker.

Posted Image

I added four strip with adjustable color LED behind the TV.

Posted Image

I like this setup, now I have to learn how to make it sound right.

Btw, after reading more and more pages in this thread, I must say that many of you have really impressive HT.

Hey there Datsun. The back lighting in BLUE is very nice.... Can you show us more colors?

Yes, for sure.

Pure white.

Posted Image

Irish green.

Posted Image

Red passion.

Posted Image

and Purple-ish purple?

Posted Image

Here are the LED strips

Posted Image

Posted Image

and the control.

Posted Image

You can found this kit ar IKEA.

and the hole I made in the cabinet to fit the receiver in it... I hope now this antique cabinet didn't worth millions of dollars.

Posted Image

I also notice other things. Right down to those nice floor/wall moldings with the 'steps' in them Wink

Haha yeah, it's the wii step and the dance pad of my wife. They have to be somewhere. [:P]

Hey there Datsun. The back lighting in BLUE is very nice.... Can you show us more colors?

Yes, for sure.

Pure white.

IMG_3148.jpg

Irish green.

IMG_3149.jpg

Red passion.

IMG_3151.jpg

and Purple-ish purple?

IMG_3150.jpg

Here are the LED strips

IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_3152.jpg

and the control.

IMG_3165.jpg

You can found this kit ar IKEA.

and the hole I made in the cabinet to fit the receiver in it... I hope now this antique cabinet didn't worth millions of dollars.

IMG_3154.jpg

I also notice other things. Right down to those nice floor/wall moldings with the 'steps' in them Wink

Haha yeah, it's the wii step and the dance pad of my wife. They have to be somewhere. Stick out tongue

Excellent effect... I like it...

I think it's much better now.

Tv is on the wall and the receiver is finally in the cabinet. This leaves more room for the speaker.

IMG_3142.jpg

I added four strip with adjustable color LED behind the TV.

IMG_3136.jpg

I like this setup, now I have to learn how to make it sound right.

Btw, after reading more and more pages in this thread, I must say that many of you have really impressive HT.

How much was the ikea kit?, can you control the brightness as well?

How much was the ikea kit?, can you control the brightness as well?

The kit retails foir $39.99 CND, here is the link: http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/50192365/

You can't control the brightness, but i have to say, the strips are not as bright as they appear in the photos.
I extend the exposure for the photo shoot that makes them seem more powerful than they are in truth.

The
brightness is truly perfect for installation behind a tv, it improves alot the contrast.

edit: I should add that it is possible to let it at a specific color , or let it change color slowly over time.

• dtel pinned this topic