Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

The center stand was custom made by me, it's attached to the tv stand via two square wood poles from behind.

here's how it looks from behind, I used two heavy duty strenght L brackets srewed to the tv stand and attached it to a 1.5" diameter pipe coupler which holds the two wood poles in place. The poles just slides in pipe coupler and can be taken out easily if needed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

I just looked through ALL 272 pages of this thread and it took me a week to do it! LOL! So many amazing setups, its really inspiring. I just heard my first set of La Scala's last weekend and fell in love with them. I've now got my phone searching constantly for a set :) Keep up the good work all and hopefully soon I can post pics of my new La Scala setup :D

Scott

Hi guys, I am relatively new in the audio world.

Here is my humble beginnings.
Pioneer VSX-1326-K receiver (apparently canadian equivalent of the Elite VSX-53);
Pair of RF-82 II;
RPW-10 sub;
Sony BDP-S280 Blu-ray player;
JVC XVC21U dvd/vhs player;
WD Multimedia player;
xbox 360;
Wii;
Ion profile pro turntable... ( I'm searching a better TT right now)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Well as some of you know a lot has gone on in the last couple of months for me, bought a house on a short sale deal (fixer upper) and have gone from KLF-30's to Powered QSC KW-122's for my main speakers in my 3.1 home theater. Once we knock out the wall to extend the living room/home theater room I will get the RSX-5's up to complete the 7.1 system. So here are some pics to show you the evolution of the 3.1 Please excuse some of the wire mess, things have been so in flux lately I have not had time to recover and get things tidy yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey there Datsun, nice to see your system, big and VERY compact, thanks for sharing.

Super88, thanks for the added photos, you'll get it together once you get the home setup [;)] DO send photos of your progress.

And..................FINALLY after a flood last MARCH which took out my home theater, it is NOW, after all this time finally going back together! I will put together a group of photos showing the progress over the last half year to the current work being done. Part of the problem was saving up some $$$ to have an all NEW floor installed first, along with new walls and wall moldings! (insurance didn't cover it all)...

Tonight, more of the curtains, all washed and ready to be hung will be installed and steam ironed in place. This will be a TRUE two system theater, with both a complete 7.1 system as before, WITH a combination of all INDEPENDENT tube vintage gear as well [Y]

More to come.

..........Gary

Hey there Datsun, nice to see your system, big and VERY compact, thanks for sharing.

Super88, thanks for the added photos, you'll get it together once you get the home setup Wink DO send photos of your progress.

And..................FINALLY after a flood last MARCH which took out my home theater, it is NOW, after all this time finally going back together! I will put together a group of photos showing the progress over the last half year to the current work being done. Part of the problem was saving up some $$$ to have an all NEW floor installed first, along with new walls and wall moldings! (insurance didn't cover it all)...

Tonight, more of the curtains, all washed and ready to be hung will be installed and steam ironed in place. This will be a TRUE two system theater, with both a complete 7.1 system as before, WITH a combination of all INDEPENDENT tube vintage gear as well Yes

More to come.

..........Gary

Gary good to see you still around even after going through a flood like that, hope all is well and can't wait to see some pics. Hopefully them beautiful Khorns of yours didn't get ruined in the flood.

Take care.

Nick

Thanks so much for the reply Nick... Happily, the K'Horns were spared, but I have photos of the water just about a quarter inch from licking the bottoms! The quick moving onto 2x4 's saved them thankfully. My Velodyne F-1500-R sat in the drink for a couple days, BUT, the bottom is a separate and solid piece of MDF and kept the water from getting into the actual cabinet of the sub itself, lucky there! [Y]

My Pinnacle DS-350 sub however was not so well off. Water got into the vinyl seam on one of the bottom corners. Sucked in water, got into the MDF and SPLIT the cabinet!! I sealed it back up with some clear silicone and is ok, but it looks a little strange, and its back in use in the keyboard suite [:)]

Tonight, I managed to hang ALL the rear curtains and then steam them back to a wrinkle free satin look they once had. Mounted the BACK surrounds while there. More to do Thursday evening... Keep you all posted...

..............Gary

PS. Hello Boxx [;)]

Hi guys, thank you for the comments.

Indeed it is very compact, in fact, the RF-82 seemed smaller in the store! [:$]

10 minutes before taking this picture the A/V receiver was close to the cabinet and the speakers at the
extremities. I made the change because I wanted to see how would this affect the sound. I will return with the old configuration.

This world is really new to me, I intend to do more
experiments.

I bought a wall bracket to install the TV on the wall, so I could free up the top of the cabinet to install possibly a center channel. Also I think to modify the cabinet in order to install the A/V receiver in it, to give more room for speakers.

For the sub, should it necessarily be on the facade or can it be somewhere else in the room?

And I'm glad to see someone from Quebec too!

Hi guys, thank you for the comments.

Indeed it is very compact, in fact, the RF-82 seemed smaller in the store! Embarrassed

Just like TVs... But you get used to it quickly!

10 minutes before taking this picture the A/V receiver was close to the cabinet and the speakers at the extremities. I made the change because I wanted to see how would this affect the sound. I will return with the old configuration.

Cool. It was just a suggestion anyway. Play with toe-in a bit as well.

This world is really new to me, I intend to do more experiments.

I bought a wall bracket to install the TV on the wall, so I could free up the top of the cabinet to install possibly a center channel. Also I think to modify the cabinet in order to install the A/V receiver in it, to give more room for speakers.

Great ideas.

For the sub, should it necessarily be on the facade or can it be somewhere else in the room?

Try the sub crawl: Place the sub where you usually sit, play some bass and walk around the room. Find a convenient spot where the bass sounds loudest and move the sub there.

And I'm glad to see someone from Quebec too!

Thanks! There are a few other members from Montreal as well.

• dtel pinned this topic