Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

15 hours ago, trickson69 said:

Got my new KD-51M's today!

HOW SWEET THEY ARE! 

This completes my Home Theater system. 

All Klipsch! 

Nine Speakers in total! Could not have made a better sounding choice IMHO!

IMG-4903.JPG

I'm sure it sounds great, but those speakers on the ceiling look very dangerous.

Regardless.... Enjoy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TasDom said:

I'm sure it sounds great, but those speakers on the ceiling look very dangerous.

Regardless.... Enjoy!

Yeah, they would be if not for the way I install things.

The holders are rated for a max cap of 10 LBs I used my engineering skills to beef them up to hold 30LBs.

I fixed the wiring a bit more now I had some time.

IMG-4909.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, trickson69 said:

The holders are rated for a max cap of 10 LBs I used my engineering skills to beef them up to hold 30LBs.

Nicely done! When my AVR-4311CI finally bites the dust I'm going to have to figure a way to incorporate a 2nd set of Atmos speakers and you gave me an additional idea. Thanks! 

On 3/9/2021 at 5:44 PM, Zen Traveler said:

And that board above the MLP I was going to put Middle Heights which would be along the same line as my Side Surrounds. post-4218-13819255702308_thumb.jpg I was wondering how RS-3s would work pointing down?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Nicely done! When my AVR-4311CI finally bites the dust I'm going to have to figure a way to incorporate a 2nd set of Atmos speakers and you gave me an additional idea. Thanks! 

You have a perfect spot under that shelf above the sofa.

Nice Home BTW really nice. 

• Thanks 1

This is my "shop" home theater setup.

I currently have:
7 x 105w Yamaha A/V receiver RX-V863
4 x 63w Logitech THX satellite speakers (from Logitech z5500 computer sound system) 
1 x 150w RMS Klipsch RC-62II center speaker (150w RMS, 600w max power handling)
2 x 400w Klipsch R12-SW 12" front firing subwoofers (200w RMS)

1 x 125w Aurasound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker Tactile Transducer 

1 x 200w Fosi Audio subwoofer amplifier for transducer 

IMG-20220808-200252021.jpg

IMG-20220808-200405504.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tragusa3 said:

Finally, I came across the right Khorn deal for me.  It has taken 10 years of watching for them.  Replaced my left and right LaScalas with Khorns.  I expected subtle improvements, but got more than I hoped for.

Nice! Fwiw, this thread is titled "Let's SEE your Home Theater....Just sayin'...

Here is Gary’s and Annie’s Music Room/Library/Home Theater.  Captions are below each picture. 

The room is 25 ft by 16+. wide, with a sloped ceiling, highest in the rear, that averages 10 ft.   Full range Audyssey took out a few peaks, and we love the clarity, the convincing tonality, the clean transients, and the effortless, wide, dynamic range.  We think our sound closely resembles the character of the orchestras we have listened to “live.” image.png.2d83b61d287e849ed326e767d3ccef61.png

Entering.   Annie and I deliberately did not fill the shelves with books, but put art objects and artifacts on them to provide diffusion and slight absorption.image.png.01c2f8e2ed3e7fd362159a5321345d2f.png

The front wall.  The wall is covered in fabric, and hides the center channel speaker, which is a modified Belle Klipsch which is flush mounted in a bump-out sticking out of the other side of the wall.  Flush mounting gains us 1 to 3 dB in the bass, and some bass extension, as well.  It is a good timbre match above the 40 Hz Audyssey measurement says is the  F3. The Belle is raised so that the tweeter is the same height as those in the Khorns. 

We put stock upgrades in the Khorns; they have the same guts as ones made in 2018.  The fabric on the wall is acoustically transparent, as is the projection screen.  With both fabrics in the way, we get about -1.75 dB at 16K.  Audyssey compensates for that.  The bump-out also contains a subwoofer, and quite a few diffusers.

image.png.15fda7f83efc4a10866e05227714d401.png

The front wall with the 130" wide (not diagonal) AT screen down.  The screen height is such that someone with tri-focals can see the whole image through the tops of their glasses.image.png.29f5e2ffc3d54803a2b9148a1359b443.png

Screen shot from the Main Viewing Position.  This is what Panavision & CinemaScope look like.

[continued on next series I post -- ran into the 2MB maximum]

• Like 5

[Continued from previous  post]

image.png.a5cb66164c79eabae30c92da9af0caf9.png

Cinerama in our theater (Smilebox)

image.png.81e6050e2fcfb23cb4b80901403a2973.png

Looking toward the back wall.

My wife built the diffusors, and eagerly put them up, along with shelves, absorbers, etc., and solved many  problems. 

For a few films from the magnetic era I sit at the desk behind the couch so I can fluidly ride the Volume control to put back the orchestral and effects dynamics they compressed out, e.g., the ship splintering in Ben-Hur (1959, 70mm and 6 channel ultra dynamic stereo in a 70mm theater), and the music in several places, when they mastered the dialog too high, or the music & effects too low.  The volume control manipulations can’t be seen on screen.image.png.589663dc27d43663cbae457401048ac8.png

The Right Font corner.

image.png.5cabc43509f6b904650166b108e78a19.png

Looking down the right wall. 

[ran into the 2MB limit again, I guess we don't need the left wall

• Like 5

On 10/3/2022 at 3:37 AM, garyrc said:

Here is Gary’s and Annie’s Music Room/Library/Home Theater.  Captions are below each picture. 

The room is 25 ft by 16+. wide, with a sloped ceiling, highest in the rear, that averages 10 ft.   Full range Audyssey took out a few peaks, and we love the clarity, the convincing tonality, the clean transients, and the effortless, wide, dynamic range.  We think our sound closely resembles the character of the orchestras we have listened to “live.” 

Just, WOW! 😮 Even nicer than from your description. We have a 7.1  HT in a workout room in our business that currently has KLF-20s/C-7/ RS7s & 3s/KSW-12 and projector that when funds allow I'm toying with putting either K-Horns or LaScalas in if the right deal comes up. 😁

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2022 at 10:52 AM, trickson69 said:

IMG-4909.JPG

Why not run the wires in the Attic, or if there is a second story ... Wiremold. ??  🙄

• 4 months later...

Nice setup!

Dig the foosball table!

Can you do toe-shots on it?

Some you can, some you can't, greased the rods on mine with lemon pledge back then.

Had to hold the rag under the rod or that stuff would make the floor dangerous!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Nice setup!

Dig the foosball table!

Can you do toe-shots on it?

Some you can, some you can't, greased the rods on mine with lemon pledge back then.

Had to hold the rag under the rod or that stuff would make the floor dangerous!

I don't know much about the table...the kids play it's nothing fancy.  Was a garage sale find.  

• Like 1