Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

http://alaskawolf.fotopic.net/c458846.html

These photos can be viewed FULL size by clicking them repeatedly. My RB-35's and RC-35 are supposed to be available for me to pick up tomorrow. The 201's are going to have to due surround duty till I can spring for some RS-35's. The sub will follow. Hopefully.

I am not patient. This feels just like Christmas Eve. New toys in the morning!

Wolf

This is going to be my first post here and I have to admit - I feel like crap now seeing all of your systems! I registered at these forums looking to find help on which Klipsch speakers to get and now, no matter what I get, I don't think it'll be enough.

Kidding aside, I ordered the following speakers for my bedroom:

Klipsch RF-15

Klipsch RC-25

Klipsch RS-25

The existing equipment I have are as follows:

Denon AVR1803 Amplifier

Sony WEGA 34" TV

Pioneer DV-373 Player

Velodyne CHT-12R Subwoofer

I'll post an image after I get the new stuff installed. Right now, the pieces I am replacing are too humiliating to post.

Cheers all. 1.gif

Wow! 3 posts in a row from Hawaii, Texas, Alaska, and 1 from the Philippines. This REALLY is a well represented forum from across the USA, and the territories.1.gif

Welcome Toolbox--I look forward to seeing your theater.

Pyro,

Do you have some electronics or what? I love your TV. Every time I see one of those Mitsubishi DLP's my mouth waters;-) All that and you live in Hawaii--I thought I had it made living next to a lake in Texas16.gif

arthurs,

I have read several of your posts and was curious what your HT looked like--VERY comfortable looking. I am a fan of having towers all of the way around myself--It seems like Texas is well represented on this forum.

Wolf,

I have a pair of speaker stands like you have:-). Your coffee table looks alot like mine--Does the top raise up?

While I sill have a tremenodous amout of work to do on my theater, I'll post my URL to my site.

Web site is blah and outdated. What is different now than what you will see is that,

I have a new screen.

I don't have the RS7s they have been replaced with RC7s, they are sitting on some old columns I had started building for my RS7s

I painted that gray spot on the ceiling arond my projector.

I'm running a single RC7 rear now.

Other than that not much has changed. Why? Because I have to still figure out a better surround mounting solution for my RC7s. I've contemplated building new cabinets for my RC7s, but not sold on the idea. So, with my surround situation the way it is, I haven't bothered to finish my acoustic treatments, until I finish my acoustic treatmens, I can't do any decore. So... Here it sits unfinished because I'm too lazy to deal with a better RC7 suround mounting issue. Just going to be a lot of work no matter which direction I go.

My Theater

Moon,

It looks like you have done a lot of work and it seems to be paying off. I have been lurking around this forum for years but just recently started posting. I have always enjoyed your non political posts. I particularly liked your discussions with Horned and felt I learned a lot.

When I grow up, I am going to get a dedicated theater room--right now I have several "theaters," pieced together in several rooms. I hope to get some advice from you when that endeavor starts (maybe this summer). Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.1.gif

Moon

Wow, your room turned out awesome. I would have liked to have painted my H/T black or dark green, but was overruled. Love the 3rd RF7 as center, must sound great with music concerts as well. Is that a yellow sticker on top of the grill of the center RF7?

If memory serves correct you did the built bass traps in the back of the room and covered with black farbric? If so you can't tell from the pictures.

Made a few more changes in the theater in preperation for a movie night my wife is having Friday for some of her friends from work. One of their husbands also has a dedicated theater room so we always have fun comparing notes.

Since I wasn't using my ContraBass subwoofer I gave it a try in the theater to get back to a 3 subwoofer (L, R and LFE sub) setup. This setup was already not even remotely lacking for headroom in this room but since I wasn't using the CB I figured... what the heck.

Turns out it isn't working to well like this. The sub is bipolar (2x15" active and 2x18" passive split between front and back side) and one side is only a few inches off the front wall. I think it is sort of canceling itself a little as it doesn't sound like it is reaching nearly as deep in the bass as my other subs. I need to try spinning it 90 degrees so it is firing along the front wall to hear how it sounds like that. If that fixes it I'll need to move the screen forward a couple of inches to give me clearance for that layout. If that doesn't fix it I'll have to open it up and see if maybe it finally needs a new belt or tightening or something. With the CB playing up there I ended up attaching the bottom of the screen to the CB cabinet by a velcro strap to hold the screen in place from the bass. Until I try spinning the sub I'm just running my other two subs for now.

CBupfront.jpg

While I was at it I also decided to reinstall my Bass Shakers. I haven't used them in a system for a little over 5 years... I forgot how much fun they are for movie watching. In that old system I had 12 mounted to a board bolted to my couch. In the theater there are 7 individual seats. I ended up getting another pair and mounting a pair to each seat push-pull. While I was at it I also tied my back row of seating together to make them look better and so that they could share arm rests better to conserve width. The foam insulation between the frames was to try to keep them from rattling when they were tied together and the shakers are doing their thing.

backrowshakers.jpg

To make the front of the room look more theatrical and to make the screen really stand out I draped the speakers with a black acoustically transparent cloth. I wasn't sure how I was going to like this but it seems to be a nice improvement. Before I did this when watching a movie the projector would light up the front enough so that you could always see the speakers during the movie. Now the front is black except for the screen and it just makes the room disappear more while watching the screen.

I may end up building a frame and streching the fabric across it to make sort of like a room width speaker grille but for now this works well.

frontdraped.jpg

Shawn

• dtel pinned this topic