Wow! Hot New Klipsch Website

SCOOTERDOG

This new look definitely kicks butt! Darker moodier colors, sleeker front page, awesome stuff! and the new products like the cinema 6 or reference 10's (for a moment I thought they ousted the RF-7's!) are even cooler. Klipsch just keeps getting better!

Oh, and I bought a pair of RB-5II's on sale at goodguys for $300 for a pair.

It's okay, I guess. I kinda like the old style better, but I'll check this new design out more thoroughly later on. I don't mind the dark borders on the Forum pages, but the black type is nearly impossible to see...make it white for cryin' out loud!7.gif

EDIT: Just looked through my System Profile, and all the words are white...WTF? You can't hardly read it on the light grey background! That sucks!

Yes the new Klipsch webpage look is great.The layout it a bit cramped,should breathe more,most run at at least 1024*768,space things a bit.Like the picture section with true high quality and high rez pics.

Overall the new look gets a 9/10 in my book.Way to go Klipsch,lets hope new and higher end products follow 2.gif

I like the looks... Looks great. HOWEVER... Hold on, let m00n put on his marketing hat... Ah there... From a marketing perspective, I would expect when looking for products, your main money makers would appear first. When I did a look for the reference line, I had to go through several pages before I got to any R7 stuff. They were tucked away and people have to click and click and click.

If the products are barried, then, they won't be found. However, if the cinema10's and inwall speakers are the ones that they are really trying to sell, then I stand corrected.

m00n takes off his marketing hat now..

----------------

On 8/16/2004 8:37:14 PM SCOOTERDOG wrote:

Wow!

This new site rocks! Cool looking pages, excellent idea to add music and videos...Klipsch this is great!

Thanks!

Scooterdog

----------------

No friggan doubt! At first, I thought I went to the wrong site! Once I saw that familier copper oval and checked the address bar in my browser, I was definitly on the right site! Yeah, pretty snazzy! I do like it.

The new site is horrible. The navigation is not nearly as easy and it's superslow (referring heavily to the product viewing) -- it takes way more clicks to get where you want to go than it did before -- and the menus are excessive. If you like pretty colors, then that's nice -- but this site is horrible compared to the way it used to be for ease of use.

Also, what's up w/them putting their JPG picture files (particularly in the DESKTOPS section) into ZIP files. You don't save any more space compressing a COMPRESSED FILE (jpg). Those should just be direct links to the *.jpg files. Save me the time of unzipping what's basically the same size already.

I think the whole thing is pretty ridiculous. I think the old site could use a new flavor or improvements, but no success on the reinvention of the wheel happened here.

Poor design. THUMBS DOWN.

But if you click on the logo at the top of this page you get http://www.klipsch.com/main.asp which is a broken link. That is PATHETIC!!! Klipsch, perfect the details and beta test your new site better next time. This error is inexcusable. Here we are supporting your products and you blow the fundamentals. Surely you are making enough ching-ching with your foil cones, resonant fiber cabinets and high prices, to let your (remaining) employees test the new site links on you devotees page.

"Freak" out.

EDIT: Light blue and black. Now where have I seen that color combination before. I know. NOWHERE! There must be a reason for that. Like, because it's ugly?

good job on the site Klipsch!! well done. like others have stated- its harder to find stuff and takes longer. other than that its nice change. and thanks for changing other things like the product descriptions(or some of the descriptions). as far as Im concerned, your kickin @ss 2.gif1.gif. in ever friggin way and direction. you've got GREAT sounding and VERY reliable products for the price in my opinion, excellent message board with some VERY expertise members, and have a darn nice website to show off. hats off to Klipsch. there is NO OTHER company that excels at some many things(you do everything well-promedia, home audio, commercial, theater, electronics, etc). how ever your doing it just keep doing it that way. I will be saddened if this should change. ok, Ill stop talking now

scp53