Hubba Hubba Hubba..Gorgeous Belle's

Gilbert

And normndorka is already driving the price up, what a dork! Obviously he doesn't get it, you would think with over 100 feedbacks he might have learned a little something. I would email him to tell him he is an idiot but he probably wouldn't grasp the concept anyhow.

----------------

On 11/26/2004 7:07:01 AM Frzninvt wrote:

And normndorka is already driving the price up, what a dork! Obviously he doesn't get it, you would think with over 100 feedbacks he might have learned a little something. I would email him to tell him he is an idiot but he probably wouldn't grasp the concept anyhow.

----------------

i did e-mail him and he seriously doesn't get it. here is his name and e-mail Alan Embry pryineyes@hotmail.com

----------------

On 11/26/2004 7:07:01 AM Frzninvt wrote:

----------------

100 feedbacks from buying chincherro, does not a wiseman make.16.gif

I know this so unkosher, but I had to check where the dork was from. He/she is from East LA. That explains the dork bids.

Of course, those whom are here refered to as "dorks" become angels when you're selling stuff.

Ultimately, the person who is most willing to part with the most dough is the winner. I guess my point is, eBay is about as even a playing field as you can get. The same folks buying are the ones selling, for the most part, and there is no reason someone with really good stuff for sale shouldn't get a fair amount for it. You can't worry about what others bid, as you have no way of controlling their actions. You might email this bidding adversary and tell him not to bid so high so early (so that you can snipe it cheap), but why should he care about you? Yeah, it's frustrating. But do like I do: buy eBay stock.1.gif

SERIOUS drool factor. Dem some dead sexy grilles. Is the 'w' grille a custom for Belle?

Michael

Help me out with the E-bay thing, is there a lot of heresay going on? According to Ebay, you can't bid against yourself, and if you outbid someone, they will only increment the bid up to the next notch, not show your 'entire hand'. Now I've never won at one of these, so maybe I don't understand, but if they are playing by their own rules, it SEEMS like a fair game to all and sniping and last minute deals shouldn't matter. But then I've been naive before. Help me out here.

Okay, I'm going out on a limb here and will probably look like an idiot when alls said and done, but let's review the Ebay history on this item- this is in the order they showed up on Ebay, but take careful note of dates and times, these bids ARE NOT IN CHRONO ORDER:

User ID Bid Amount Date of bid

nomadinca ( 113) US $305.00 Nov-26-04 14:20:18 PST

nomadinca ( 113) US $305.00 Nov-25-04 23:34:34 PST

jea_portland ( 9 ) US $300.00 Nov-25-04 22:35:46 PST

nomadinca ( 113) US $299.99 Nov-25-04 23:34:14 PST

nomadinca ( 113) US $199.99 Nov-25-04 21:54:32 PST

daveyguitar ( 112) US $76.00 Nov-25-04 20:44:53 PST

717roland ( 4 ) US $10.00 Nov-25-04 20:41:46 PST

okay 717 starts out wity pitiful bid of $10, davey upgrades to $76. then this is the wierd part why does Noma come in at $199, unless that was his first bid (okay, he's stupid) then next bid is jea at $300. In the meantime looks like noma upped his own bid ceiling to $299 in anticipation, his bid clocked under jea's $300, so he was notified and placed another bid somewhat higher (we don't know what) and Ebay used this new Noma ceiling to top jeas $300 with the next increment of $305 for Noma.

Doesn't sound so stupid to me except for Noma jumping from $76 to $199, even then, why didn't Ebay increment Noma's bids from 80 to 85... in increments. Why did they go from $76 to $199???

Michael- confused as ever>>>>

----------------

On 11/26/2004 7:56:37 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

According to Ebay, you can't bid against yourself, and if you outbid someone, they will only increment the bid up to the next notch, not show your 'entire hand'. Now I've never won at one of these, so maybe I don't understand, but if they are playing by their own rules, it SEEMS like a fair game to all and sniping and last minute deals shouldn't matter. But then I've been naive before. Help me out here.

----------------

You've got it. That "notch" refers to "proxy bidding", which is automatic. Here's an overview:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/proxy-bidding.html

BTW, I always snipe...

which does not bypass the proxy system.

Hey guys,

Here's the deal, Ebay is a second price auction. In the second price auction the winner pays the second highest bid. So you enter your maximum bid (or valuation). If this is higher than the other maximum bids then you are the current high bidder. The current bid listed on Ebay is not the maximum valuation, but rather the next highest valuation below the high bidder. So let's say someone opened the bid at $200 and the auction started at $1. The current bid would show $1 even though his maximum bid was 200. Let's say the individual in question (the "dork") decides to bid, now he can't see nor is he aware that the first valuation was 200, so let's say he bids 100. The current bid will automatically jump to 105 (or some increment above 100), in essence automatically bidding for the first bidder, since what the "dork" entered was below 200. The "dork" will get a message that says you were outbid. He then has the option to bid more or stay out. What happened in the list you provided is the "dork" incrementally kept bidding higher until he passed every other maximum bid/valuation. So while it looks like he was bidding against himself he was actually going against the automatic bidding system. By bidding in this fashion he can determine what the others' maximums were before him - not necessarily dumb but he probably didn't want to bid a high max just yet (good strategy). Now if you are the max bidder you can continue to increase your maximum bid (thereby increasing your chances of winning) but these actions will not be reflected in the bid actions. So the if the "dork" really wanted the belles he could put a bid of $10,000 and he would only pay what the second highest bid at the auctions conclusion (I don't recommend this strategy at all, you never know what may happen).

Just to let know the optimal strategy for a second price auction (including Ebay) is to wait until the very end and bid your true valuation. This way the most you will pay is your true valuation (and hopefully less) and you optimize your chances of winning the auction (by waiting until the end). Just a word of caution, traditionally items selling on Ebay tend to sell above their actual market value - I guess aggressive bidding.