What has the forum done for YOU???

Rdmarsiii

Wow...

The forum has led me to:

tubes and a good fellow (NosValves) to make 'em sing.

Cornwalls (2 pair now.. jeesh)and the sense to leave 'em alone and love em like they are.

Heresys and a SACD player from Kjohnsonhp

the knowlege to know that $900 for a pair of khorns was a good deal (jumped on those like a chicken on a junebug!)

Holly Cole, Coleman Hawkins, Diana Krall, Eva Cassidy

www.dorian.com (thanks Jt1scav)

a raw spot on my head from too much scratching (thanks fini)

but best of all,

The chance to give to a total stranger in need of a little help. That proved this place is for keeps. It was one of the better moments here.

I'm hoping that the next year all this tech-talk will begin to make sense. I'm itching to solder something.

there's more, but I'll stop now.

Forrest

----------------

On 12/21/2004 7:44:47 PM neo33 wrote:

"What all has the forum done for you?"

Absolutely nothing! Except to waste my money and make me
hornier
by the day!

----------------

LOL! Hey, Neo. Have I got the sister from hell for you - but it sounds like you could handle it! She'll knock the SET out of you! 11.gif

----------------

On 12/21/2004 11:18:58 AM m00n wrote:

----------------

AMEN! Or a lot less in debt anyway. Most likely would have purchased something like bose. I know I'll get beat up for this, but I still contest that in the places I've heard Bose, Bose does sound good for what they are. At least in the places where I've heard them. Overpriced? YES! But they do sound good.

Lots of good peeps with great info on this board.

----------------

Hey mOOn, just go with your gut, and get the Bose. We know you want to.

Three mentions of them in a *Klipsch* forum post, makes me think you already have some.11.gif9.gif

Hmm, let's see....

1) Introduced me to the Klipsch speaker family, many models which I was previously unfamiliar with.

2) Helped me understand the significance of timbre match and what speakers worked well together (Forte and Academy in this case).

3) Introduced me to "Frzininvt" and a nice pair of Heresy II which I now own.

4) Helped direct me towards purchase of a suitable subwoofer and receiver.

5) Introduced me to folks who have technical savvy, folks who make me laugh, and folks who I disagree with.

6) Helped introduce me to local Klipsch fans and hear an all Cornwall HT (thanks, Jeff)!!

7) Helped me buy my first set of Cornwalls, locally (thanks Jason)!

8) Helped me (especially via the assistance of Al K. and Dean G.) to gain impetus to design a universal crossover kit for Klipsch speakers, which is in the works.

This forum has been a wealth of information and entertainment, a source of interesting diversion and a seat of learning. Here's to those who maintain and support it, may we have another year of interesting exchange.

Popbumper9.gif

What has the forum done for me...

Wait a minute,let me know I have much more audio gear than most,brag like a selfish self centered grinch about my audio and PC gear.What else,have a few flaming arguments about hot political topics.

3.gif

Happy holidays to all real Klipschers,who own Klipsch speakers.

Where do I begin?

I met and got to know a lot of good people.

I learned an awful lot.

I built a few pairs of various bass horns, that I never would have otherwise.

I went from having a single pair of LaScalas to three pairs of Klipschorns and two pairs of LaScalas.

I bought some amps that I never thought I would spend that kind of money on.

I modified my Klipschorns, which I never thought I would ever do.

I have a supper sounding home theater system,and I owe it all to this Forum.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

Thankyou everyone, and have a happy holiday.

What I got from this place...

- Great advice and info on crossover upgrades for my La Scala's.

- Great conversation.

- Great advice on what to use as center speaker for my La Scala's

- A Heresy from a great forum member at a great price, packed so well it could have

gone to Antartica and back without damage. Thanks Ed!

About that Heresy, see:

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=58600&sessionID={5A506970-A5D5-4C92-B61B-740CFBB48D50}

I've gotten to meet a lot of great people whose trenchant advice was to SPEND MORE MONEY! As a result I will be spending the holidays living out of a large speaker box (I think they were for shipping Khorns, so at least at in one sense I'm living large and they fit nicely over a subway grate).

Kidding asie to much to mention and have really enjoyed my time here, even though ocassionaly it gets me into Trouble with The Twins.