Mac insanity continues SELL SELL

scott0527

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at those mc's, but suddenly they dissappeared from ebay search engine, but stayed in my ebay. I did not bid, because I'm a bit paranoid, for the ones that still don't know, I got scammed out of more than $1500.- a little while ago over mc'30's. So, I lost out of a now presumably legal looking sale. O well, in any case, if any Klipsch forum member wants to sell their mc-30's, I hope he remembers me, I assure you they will get a good home and over my dead body I will resell them for a bit of petty cash, Lord knows I can never make profit over them now, but some time I WILL have them hooked up on my Heresy's. Tim. BTW: Happy New Year (bit late, but that's the story of my life, still very well ment though!1.gif )

----------------

On 1/18/2005 6:27:52 PM rtaylor wrote:

Timmi, hope you have some better luck this year buying equipment. Did you ever get any satisfaction out of this. Any of the bad guys get caught? Randy

----------------

Thanks, the local police did not find my case important enough to send it through to authorities in the USA, after my complaint they said, do it yourself. When I tried that, the USA police told me they needed input from Dutch Police. That was the time I bough myself a bottle of great Scotch and put Giant Steps on. What happened then I don't exactly rememeber, but for some reason I woke up with a feeling to start again (with a splitting headache )2.gif Tim

----------------

On 1/18/2005 6:45:10 PM 3dzapper wrote:

Timmi,

You should have said something. I live within an hour of those Macs as do a few other forum members. I would have gone up to pick them up. That way no amps, no cash.
2.gif

Next time, don't be afraid to speak up. No one here wants to see you taken again.

Rick

----------------

That offer can be thought as from me, also.

Any help.

dodger

The McIntosh C22 that Scott linked to in the first post will probably be going to Hong Kong.

There is an argument to be made for keeping classic examples of our audio heritage in the country of their birth. (The Netherlands might be an exception; I'm thinking more about the huge amount of American audio gear that has gone to Asian nations.)

Some folks will pay out the proverbial nose for vintage equipment in spotless condition. "Condition" has always been a "worth" driver, be it any antique. If you ever look at watches, the same holds true.

So, no matter what the piece is, if it is qualified as mint, or, even better, "pristine" (caution on the definition of "pristine"), the value can double or better. Gary's zebra Cornwalls, for example, could easily sell for $2K due to their original owner status and impeccable condition. The only exception to the rules, as I have observed, is rarity:condition. Rare items can be sold in lesser condition at higher prices.

An adage in sales is that anything is worth whatever the market will bear. But the "holy grail" of sound is not found in name alone. A Sunday afternoon at Gary's proved that to me.

Yea...even that scumbucket hideharu got out bid on that puppy. Hideharu, now that's a guy with deep pockets. That dog gone son of gun out bid the heck out of me on too many mac gear pieces.

Amy, did you see that. I'd never cussed. How's that for behav'in. Huh!

I wonder why McIntosh marketed the amp as a 30-watter if it really was a 50 or 55 or 57-watter. Is it so the salesman could say that McIntosh rates their amps conservatively? Or so that the so-called 30 watt Mac would sound so much more powerful than a legitimate 30 watt amp, since you'd really be comparing one twice as powerful?

----------------

On 1/18/2005 11:04:47 PM Gilbert wrote:

Yea...even that scumbucket hideharu got out bid on that puppy. Hideharu, now that's a guy with deep pockets. That dog gone son of gun out bid the heck out of me on too many mac gear pieces.

Amy, did you see that. I'd never cussed. How's that for behav'in. Huh!

----------------

I don't think calling a fellow audiophile who happens to be more "flush" than oneself a "scumbucket" promotes goodwill or an atmosphere of mutual respect and open exchange.

Yours truly,

Analogman

analogman, let me fill you in on something you are obviously unaware of. This goes back a month or so when another scumbucket took timikid's money.

During that time, hideharu, tried to offer me a phoney second chance offer on an MC240 that I bid on. And that my friend makes him a scumbucket in my book.

Each tube (6L6) will dissipate 30 watts. Put them is a PP configuration and you should get mroe than 30 (or 40) watts out. Look at a Dynaco ST-70, with two EL34 output tubes per side. EL34s are rated 25 watts each, but the ST-70 is rated at 35 per side. Other EL34 amps are the same, or higher, depending on how they bias them.

Marvel

----------------

On 1/19/2005 8:04:34 PM paulieparrot wrote:

I wonder why McIntosh marketed the amp as a 30-watter if it really was a 50 or 55 or 57-watter. Is it so the salesman could say that McIntosh rates their amps conservatively? Or so that the so-called 30 watt Mac would sound so much more powerful than a legitimate 30 watt amp, since you'd really be comparing one twice as powerful?----------------

I believe McIntosh rated it at 30 watts because it would do 30 watts @ a certain % of distortion after that it would rise above what they considered usuable. Many don't realise this but McIntosh is actually a class B amplifier utilizing there Unity coupling design. A class B amp with a Class AB sound and distortion levels. Very easy on tubes.

Craig

According to the tube data with a plate voltage of 775V into 11KOhms of impedance a pair of EL-34s can put out 100 watts in AB1! At a more conservative 450V into 5K the power in AB1 would be 58 Watts at clipping. Assuming addequate power supplies.

(TDSL Personal Edition)

Rick

----------------

On 1/19/2005 9:10:58 PM Gilbert wrote:

analogman, let me fill you in on something you are obviously unaware of. This goes back a month or so when another scumbucket took timikid's money.

During that time, hideharu, tried to offer me a phoney second chance offer on an MC240 that I bid on. And that my friend makes him a scumbucket in my book.

----------------

Now that you mention it, I did read that thread, forgot that YOU were the mark. That makes "hideharu" a hustler and a thief, not a "scumbucket". Sorry you fell for something so obvious. How did it turn out? Did you recoup? It's best to say what you mean and mean what you say, and to THINK before you do either.

Sorry for your misfortune,

Analogman

analogman

Insane Poster

Total Posts: 291

Last Post: 1/20/2005

Subscribe to this author

Sorry to hear your troubles. Don't forget, Japan then Taiwan helped put people like Saul out of business in the first place. Here's your chance to really level the playing field in a small way. "Sell Stateside", it's the Patriotic thing to do!!

The Troll

analogman

Insane Poster

Subscribe to this author

Asian built stuff inundated our (U.S.A.) market when it was decent; read copies of our designs built by near slave labor compared to America. Drove all the icons out of business or forced them to sell. Now in the age of ICs and "chip" architecture (which we were at one time the main player)the Asian manufacturers are selling the U.S. public at large cheap mid-fi, tariff free crap and doing very well. In the meantime, isn't it interesting that the best and finest collections of everything from Disney to JBL, Klipsch, Mac etc. are in Asia? If they're not willing to pay the freight, FORGET THEM! CLEAR ENOUGH?

The Troll

analogman

Insane Poster

Subscribe to this author

Selling "Golden Age" kit to Asian "collectors" is tantamount to robbing a church. Let them book travel and visit our technological heritage here, in a museum or at a forum member's home. You said you didn't NEED the money.?

Analogman

I would tender for your consideration the proposition of not buying back our goods from off shore sellers as well. Think about it.

As always,

Analogman