Klipsch Pilgramage 2005

• Klipsch Employees

As we start the new year the "push" for another Pilgrimage has started as well. We have had 3 of these so far. All have been fun.

The first one was a trip to Hope. We had a chance to visit the Klipsch museum of audio, the plant and lab and the best of all MR & Mrs. Paul Klipsch in their home. What a way to start this thing out....

The last 2 were trips to the Klipsch HQ. in Indy. We toured the lab and a local cinema. (Mike Sandy at the UA 14 went far beyond what we ask from them, what a cool time) Had some good food and hung with our forum friends.

Now we are at 2005 and it is time to start planning again.

Question 1: Where do we go? Hope? Or Indy?

Question 2: What would you like to see?

Question 3: When do the have this? ( I suggest after school is out for the summer)

Question 4: Who (from Klipsch) would you like to be there?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. From what I've heard and seen in pics, the trip to Hope was not only fabulous, but a once in a lifetime experience for many, having met Mr. Paul there. If it was convenient for Miss Valerie to be there, it would be an honor to meet her.

2. Factory and Museum

3. Summer works for me

4. Trey Cannon

Let's go to Hope! I've been through the factory a number of times and I never get tired of it. You guys really need to see where your babies are "born". You will be fascinated... very sophisticated speaker building goin' on. I'm in for Hope.

As far as what I'd like to see (products)... unveil something very few have seen. (LB-76 hint, hint) Sorta like the first trip and the Jubilee.

Tony

might be able to drive to ARK or get a cheap flight, had a place to stay there, made the trip a lot more practical, would love to see everybody again and do a lot more critical listening to the various peices of equipment...

Question 1: Either

Question 2: Product demos, how products are made, up and coming products like what we saw at Indy last year.

Question 3: Summer. Not during any major events. (LIke MSFT tech ed)

Question 4: I think most of us really like talking to the engineers. One of the most memorable things from last year was looking at subwoofer curves with Trey. Not only can we geek out on that stuff, but as we return to our respective communities that type of education creates good word of mouth. (ie "Oh yeah SVS goes down to 20hz for $599 but did you know they are cheating by allowing too many harmonics?")

----------------

On 1/19/2005 12:33:29 PM Trey Cannon wrote:

As we start the new year the "push" for another Pilgrimage has started as well. We have had 3 of these so far. All have been fun.

The first one was a trip to Hope. We had a chance to visit the Klipsch museum of audio, the plant and lab and the best of all MR & Mrs. Paul Klipsch in their home. What a way to start this thing out....

The last 2 were trips to the Klipsch HQ. in Indy. We toured the lab and a local cinema. (Mike Sandy at the UA 14 went far beyond what we ask from them, what a cool time) Had some good food and hung with our forum friends.

Now we are at 2005 and it is time to start planning again.

Question 1: Where do we go? Hope? Or Indy?

Question 2: What would you like to see?

Question 3: When do the have this?
( I suggest after school is out for the summer)

Question 4: Who (from Klipsch) would you like to be there?

----------------

1. Indy, only because it's easier for most to get to by air. Especially for me (nonstop) coming from the West coast. I'd definitely love to go to Hope someday too. Whatever you decide is fine really. I just hope we know quick soon to allow us to make travel arrangements.

2. Other than the purple poetry lady, I would love to see behind the scenes of The Hard Rock Cafe in Indianapolis (their Klipsch sound system). Also would like to hear a pair of tube monos on Klipschorns in the Heritage room at the HQ.

3. June 24-26th because the F-1 race is the weekend before.

4. Trey Cannon, Amy Unger, Jim Hunter, Fred and Mike Klipsch, Paul Jacobs, Lance Jones,Steve Phillips and Steve Bailey. And of course a few beers and all my Forum friends.

Question 1: Where do we go? Hope? Or Indy? Well my inner sanctum says Hope but the little Mrs. says Indy since she has family there, so for me I guess Ill vote for INDY.

Question 2: What would you like to see? A drawing for a free set of K-Horns. 2.gifOther than that the new THX stuff K-Horn and Heritage demos and a variety of Demos of the Klipsch Subs and Aragon demos with the Klipsch line.

Question 3: When do the have this? ( I suggest after school is out for the summer). Any time between June 18 - 26

Question 4: Who (from Klipsch) would you like to be there? The forum members, Amy, Trey, pictures of the empty hall that would have been the Bose Forum gathering.9.gif

I don't think I can make it but here are my suggestions.

1. The west coast, Superdome, my house.

2. Some experimental stuff that K is working on. Some primo gear. A give away would be nice, like a new proc/amp for some lucky fellow. T-shirts with the phrase "pilgrimage 2005 (insert location here)" Buffalo wings and girls from Hooters

3. Anytime, who cares about school kids? Lets make this a 21 and over event.

4. Amy Unger in a thong.

• Moderators

Um, I'm pretty sure white_shadow really wants to edit his post before the moderator actually believes she read that correctly...

I probably can't make it to Hope, but I'll definitely be here if it's in Indy. Both places are cool as far as Klipsch facilities--Indy obviously has more of a night life. The manufacturing plant is in Hope, and engineering facility in Indy.

If it is in Indy, a trip to the Hard Rock sounds like a good idea... keep 'em coming!

1)Never having been, and with limited time off, I would vote for Hope, which is a stone's throw from Dallas, TX...

2. Factory and Museum - being an engineer, I would get a real kick out of the manufacturing plant. Being a nolstalgian, I would love seeing some history.

3. Summer is best.

4. Trey or Amy, though I realize Amy would not be able to make it to Hope.

Popbumper

1) Indy is my first choise, but will go to either.

2) Not picky. I have the most fun just hanging out with the forum members.

3) Any time after School is out. If the weekend is picked soon, I can plan arroung most anything.

4) I like Paranah's list. It would be nice to meet Fred. Its always fun to chat with Jim H, and the rest of your engineers. Somebody needs to get a hold of Andy (HDBR) and get him there next summer. He was a riot two summers ago.

JM

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/20/2005 1:58:15 AM white_shadow wrote:

I don't think I can make it but here are my suggestions.

1. The west coast, Superdome, my house.

2. Some experimental stuff that K is working on. Some primo gear. A give away would be nice, like a new proc/amp for some lucky fellow. T-shirts with the phrase "pilgrimage 2005 (insert location here)" Buffalo wings and girls from Hooters

3. Anytime, who cares about school kids? Lets make this a 21 and over event.

4. uncalled for, be a gentleman

----------------

i am up for anything! as long as it is a weekend! i am more for indy due to the fact that i will be needing to hit the bars as we chicagoans say....

I would like to hook VRDs up to Jim Hunter's MCMs in his barn as i recall him saying is where he keeps them.

Best beard and haircut for an engineering manager I have ever seen.

I have been to a few Hard Rock Cafes around the world. Have never been to Indy Hard Rock.

I am easy. No preconceived ideas.