If Klipsch can't make the Khorn, we can

Elydaman

Actually, it was never a real priority of mine to have the nicest looking cabinets. It is definitely a priority to have the real thing for posterity and resale and have it perform as well as it can.

I would rather have an ugly old pair of real Khorns than a beautiful brand new pair of imitations. That's just me.

Everytime I buy a new pair of Klipsch I sweat it out as I take the backs off hoping that they are all original. That was always an exciting moment for me when everything verified and they played well.

Mr. Shinall will send pictures of every possible angle and open partially built cabinets to prove his work. I have them all, and especilly of the Belle copy as well. It's really nice stuff. I'm not defending the guy but from my conversations with him and information exchange, he's not hiding anything and seems like a nice honest man. I just didn't buy his product.

He's got some nice networks as well.2.gif

"This Shinall looks like a great deal! -- Maybe they'll make some Jublilee like Speakers too!"

There is no "they", just one man building the Shinall speakers. Although his corner horn sounds very much like the K-horn, he is certainly no threat to Klipsch.

----------------

On 3/23/2005 7:29:33 PM Trey "DILBERT" Cannon wrote:

First, we have no plans to stop building the Khorn! ...

If you are that good with wood maybe you need to talk to the Eng. dept here and see if you can build the wood horn for the Jubliee. (which is one of the big things that keep that speaker from being built)

----------------

What is needed?... The existing unit in the photo seems to be a CNC'ed piece of laminated hardwood. If it's to big to be milled in one piece... it can be easily made of four assembled pieces. What kind of initial order would you be looking at? I could put you in contact with one of the larger Eastern Canadian cabinet shops... who have produced more complex pieces in the past.

----------------

Last, the Jubliee LF cabinet is built today...in the pro cenima line. $3k each MSRP (or there abouts)

----------------

As some else mentioned, didn't they eliminate the passive radiator in the cinema pro unit as well as use a different woofer? After all, it only uses a 400Hz crossover in a three way configuration?

Trey... I don't mean to put you on the spot as I know you are routing for Paul K's designs.... but I'm not sure the "pointy haired penny pushers" are behind you...

Rob

"What is needed?... The existing unit in the photo seems to be a CNC'ed piece of laminated hardwood."

Dean, who has been very diligent on this, said that the ptoblem with the wood Jubilee horn has been cracking. Perhaps the use of a multi-laminate such as used on rifle stocks properly machined would work. That material is incredibly strong and impervious to the elements. It is made from 1/8" or thinner (to 0.025") layers of wood built up with waterproof adhesive.

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/laminate.jpg

post-12829-13819263625538_thumb.jpg

• Klipsch Employees

----------------

On 3/23/2005 9:16:30 PM mark1101 wrote:

Everyone already knows that Mr. Shinall manufactures excellent exact Khorn cabinet copies. If you want a set of Khorn cabinets talk to him. He's been doing it for 30+ years. I looked into it and was assured that they are absolutely identical but with improved hardware fasteners.

----------------

A fake is a fake.

I talked to him, he voices his speakers by ear only. He has no science behind what he does, other than that which PWK offered us all by building the only TRUE Khorn.

He uses old dirvers from used speaker to put in his units, or so he told me.

And I don't think he ships them, they are pickup only...

Remember the grass is not allways greener on the other side of the fence.

Just wait, you never know what is aroud the next bend....

Don't ask, I can't tell.9.gif

----------------

On 3/23/2005 10:21:31 PM triode wrote:

Maybe Trey will tell us if you can position the Jubliee Bass Bins next to the Wall or how much space they require behind them to operate properly?

Inquiring minds want to know.

----------------

----------------

On 3/24/2005 8:37:47 AM Trey Cannon wrote:

Just wait, you never know what is aroud the next bend....

Don't ask, I can't tell.
9.gif

----------------

Since Klipsch Audio Technologies is ever expanding in the global marketplace (with Jamo and Aragon, and worldwide distribution of ZON products), I cannot wait to see what's around this next bend!

How 'bout a hint, Trey?5.gif