All you need to Survive is a Towel?

thebes

Im sorry, if Im about to stick my thumb out and hitch a ride around the Galaxy, Im taking more than a towel. Me, Im bringing some tunes with me.

Oh, oh the cosmic bulldozers are heading for the house; Id better pack up pretty quickly. Lets see some Stones, The Dead, of course, Dylan, the Boss Traveling Will berrys, Eva Cassidy, Temptations, a bunch of Ludwig B., definitely Mozart, Coltrane, Miles, Getz, and Im not leaving without Muddy, Guy and BB. May need a dose of irony along the way, so Id better toss in the backpack some Randy Newman, and boy I sure do need some Leonard Cohen, not to mention The Best Hits of 1960s Doo Op, and, and

Those dozers are getting closer. Youd better help me out guys, You might not make it in time so tell me what you want me to save and share amongst the denizens of the Galaxy

Ok Thebes,

we will have to stop and pick up some tunes from "Disater Area" the plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones.

I believe that k-horns should be able to handle there music, as you know they are generally held to be the loudest rock band in the galaxy.

Also can i get Max to make a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster? Drinking this is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick. I just want to try one.....

On the serious side we are going to absolutly have to have Radar Love by Golden Earring playing as we hit the Infinite Improbability Drive on the Heart of Gold.

I always want to drive when listening to this.

Steve

'Yellow' thought Arthur Dent.

You'll need some Beatles along for the journey, how bout that mysitcal journey through Pepperland- Yellow Submarine

Michael

Oh, yeah, remember to load up on peanuts. You're gonna need the salt for when you get launched through time and space.

I knew a couple guys in college that drove from western NY to Portland, OR (without getting on the Interstate) with no music other than a Ted Nugent "Best of" cassette. Yikes.

I don't think I'd bring any music. I'd ruin the enjoyment of it with no variety. Better left to my memory, I think.

----------------

On 4/30/2005 7:55:46 PM Parrot wrote:

It'd be great if you could take all the jazz on earth with you. Great for us left behind on earth, that is, not so great for the rest of the galaxy beings.----------------

Kudos for the positive input as usual!

Uh oh spagetti-o, you almost forgot these. Good music to listen to while floating around exactly as a brick does not.

Major Tom - Peter Schilling or David Bowie

Rocket Man - Elton John

Across the Universe - Beatles

Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd

Yes I think some Doors would be very god for this journey.

ColterPhoto, I will be going to see this movie sometime this week, I'm a little hedgy about it and how it will follow the story line.

I just got let down on the Sahara movie, cause it didn't follw the book very well at all, but it was still a good movie. I just hope this one will be good. It wrapped up first in sales over the weekend with a whopping 21.7 mil.

While were on our trip were going to get hungry. We'll take in a quick bite at Milliways - the Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

We could alway try the main dish of the day, we would have out pick of the parts of the body...6.gif

On that topic what band would you like to bring with us so they could play as the universe ends???

I think I would like to bring ... ZZ Top I think there stag preformance would go nicely with the other attractions.

Steve

Saw the movie yesterday. Absolutely hilarious. If anyone is familiar with the BBC version (about 6 x 1/2 hour episodes), I have it in VHS and this movie stays pretty close to that series. I think the actor who was Arthur Dent now plays Slartibartfast and during one scene, the old Marvin robot can be seen. It stays typically British dry wit, so many of the audience may not connect. But I loved the cheesy 'guidebook' graphics and horribly sci-fi music. The Vogons were particularly ugly as was their poetry.

All sci-fi fans should see this one.

Michael