What's with the Heresy prices on eBay?

codhead

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 5/17/2005 6:05:59 PM silversport wrote:

someone who REALLY wanted homeade painted Heresys with possibly real cane grills...I didn't pay that much for BOTH my sets of Heresys AND shipping...WOW!

Bill

----------------

It seems to me they're factory finished black laquer. Also, at least two folks want 'em that bad...1.gif

It seems to me they're factory finished black laquer. Also, at least two folks want 'em that bad...1.gif

----------------

Hey Fini,

I thought they only painted the Oak...his ad says Birch Black...I did not know that...see, that's why there is a Klipsch Forum...9.gif16.gif

Bill

Bill,

As I understand it, they used to do the black finish on any species of veneer, if the grain pattern was not acceptable in a stained or clear finish. There could, in fact, be rosewood underneath some of those black Heritage speakers out there...

Matter of fact I emailed the guy about the finish DAYS ago, and never got a reply back on that specific question. All others yes, but none on the black finish. I asked him if he painted them or put a clear coat on it to protect it. Now I look and he says their clear finished in the link above. Obviously ran it down the front by the looks of it. The auction is misleading the shipping calculator is x2. That can mean alot to a buyers high bid. The seller did not let anyone know about this untill there was a descent price on them. Could he of overlooked that? I think not especially when he reminds everyone in there emails for everyone to see that their are over a hundred people watching them so bid high. Slick I say very slick.

What I really don't like is that he has a picture of them on the risers and then is selling them in a different auction.

It would be interesting to see what the tag on the back of these says...

Can Trey look up the serial numbers and give us the scoop on 'em???

Jeff

BTW, check this out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50597&item=5775067926&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Sounds great (per seller) despite lack of 2 tweeters and a midrange...

I bought a pair that were black with black grills in 2000, new in the box with a warranty for $750, they were Heresy II's. You would not think that even a mint pair being used would go over $500, I mean why ? I know that the retail price is $1200, but why pay that much for used, and I bet the guy has to pay $50 to ship the pair. I think he got a little carried away with his bidding.8.gif

It does not surprise me. On that freaking House Hunter show that my wife insists on watching people literally get turned off on buying a house if the interior color is wrong, I mean what does a can of paint cost compared to a house. A dusting, polishing, re-staining does wonders to the perceived value of items such as speakers for those people not inclined or know how to do it themselves. Its the ooh those are pretty factor. Combine that with nice pictures, you may get a $300+ mark up. It always surprises me to see how many bad pictures people post of what looks like good merchandise under dust, etc.