MC30 Separation Anxiety

Joe Auwen

Just got these pictures from Terry DeWick. They are a pair of my 'babies' that I offered up for 'adoption'. They are going to a good home and I've been given visitation rights as part of the adoption agreement.... I miss them already!

post-16587-13819266107276_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 5/24/2005 12:15:52 AM Joe Auwen wrote:

Just got these pictures from Terry DeWick. They are a pair of my 'babies' that I offered up for 'adoption'. They are going to a good home and I've been given visitation rights as part of the adoption agreement.... I miss them already!
----------------

Your babies are on their way to a good home indeed. Maybe now is the time to reveal the 'conspiracy' of a bunch of members to make things right. The following tale is another example of how great this forum can be!

A while ago, it seems like ancient history now, I went for this 2nd chance offer for a pair of nice looking mc-30's. Does it ring a bell now? 'Live' on this forum I, or better we, realised that I got scammed bigtime with no chance of ever seeing my money back, let alone ever see this pair of mc-30's. It won't be a big surprise that after this horrible experience, I was in a depressed state. Still I got over it and thanks to the compassion and sympathy of this forum, decided that I would not let a terrible thief take my money AND ruin my life AND decide what I buy or not buy. So after this my conviction to get a nice pair of mc-30's only grew stronger. At the same time a few members got together and organised a search party. The search: MC-30's for Timmikid! 1.gif

I understand that Dodger took it up with Audible Nectar and Audible, I must say made this a matter of honour to find me a pair. As Dodger once mentioned he really busted his..., well you know. After a few leads that went into the mist, the secret band of mc-searchers got bigger and bigger. So Joe got in, heard the story and here we are.

Thanks to Dodger, Audible Nectar, Joe and others involved I am impatiently waiting for these babies, but they are on their way and... for real this time!!!9.gif10.gif I assure you they will get a good home!

May I add that Audible Nectar also helped me get a nice quad GEC (he reviewed them here) and some other tubes.

Thank you all for your help, also the ones that I did not mention here that helped me through the bad period.

Now it is time to borrow a digital camera to prove they get a nice home when they get here! 2.gif

BTW: The price Joe asked is way below value, almost half of what these beauties would go for on ebay!

You will be informed how this happy story ends, Tim. 1.gif

----------------

They are going to a good home and I've been given visitation rights as part of the adoption agreement....

----------------

Do the visitation rights include airfare to the Netherlands?

----------------

On 5/24/2005 2:47:46 AM Timmikid wrote:

----------------

Just got these pictures from Terry DeWick. They are a pair of my 'babies' that I offered up for 'adoption'. They are going to a good home and I've been given visitation rights as part of the adoption agreement.... I miss them already!----------------

Your babies are on their way to a good home indeed. Maybe now is the time to reveal the 'conspiracy' of a bunch of members to make things right. The following tale is another example of how great this forum can be!

A while ago, it seems like ancient history now, I went for this 2nd chance offer for a pair of nice looking mc-30's. Does it ring a bell now? 'Live' on this forum I, or better we, realised that I got scammed bigtime with no chance of ever seeing my money back, let alone ever see this pair of mc-30's. It won't be a big surprise that after this horrible experience, I was in a depressed state. Still I got over it and thanks to the compassion and sympathy of this forum, decided that I would not let a terrible thief take my money AND ruin my life AND decide what I buy or not buy. So after this my conviction to get a nice pair of mc-30's only grew stronger. At the same time a few members got together and organised a search party. The search: MC-30's for Timmikid!
1.gif

I understand that Dodger took it up with Audible Nectar and Audible, I must say made this a matter of honour to find me a pair. As Dodger once mentioned he really busted his..., well you know. After a few leads that went into the mist, the secret band of mc-searchers got bigger and bigger. So Joe got in, heard the story and here we are.

Thanks to Dodger, Audible Nectar, Joe and others involved I am impatiently waiting for these babies, but they are on their way and... for real this time!!!
9.gif10.gif
I assure you they will get a good home!

May I add that Audible Nectar also helped me get a nice quad GEC (he reviewed them here) and some other tubes.

Thank you all for your help, also the ones that I did not mention here that helped me through the bad period.

Now it is time to borrow a digital camera to prove they get a nice home when they get here!
2.gif

BTW: The price Joe asked is way below value, almost half of what these beauties would go for on ebay!

You will be informed how this happy story ends, Tim.
1.gif

----------------

Tim,

Glad this story is coming to a happy ending! Let us know how you like them once there setup.

Craig

Those are really beautiful 30's.....Sweet. Congrat's Tim.

As my mom always says, things always happen for the better, even though it's not readily evident why. Her favorite is "When Life Throughs Lemons At You, Just Make Lemonade".

Cueman wrote:

"Wow, those are beauties. Exceptionally clean. How long have you owned them, and what was the adoption fee?"

---------------------------------------------------------

Cueman,

I'd had custody of them for about 2 months..! The adoption fee wasn't that much, but the visitation back & forth to the Netherlands is going to kill me... 1.gif

----------------

On 5/24/2005 1:39:04 PM scott0527 wrote:

Tim,

Very nice. Was there ever any kind of action or legal repsonse in regards to the thief? I know a lot of people were filing complaints and trying to locate the proper authorities etc.
----------------

No, the report never left Holland, even though I tried to push them. US police never heard of the matter through Dutch police. Hope he gets busted for something else.

Craig: thanks man, I will sure let you all know what I find when I finally open the boxes and plug them in. BTW, the other day I fried an American radio I took with me as a souvenir from a San Diego thrift shop. 6.gif Forgot to plug in the 220>110 Volts transformer. 15.gif Duh. Imagine if I'd to that to these. I would look for the highest tree and... Btw, thank you for offering the GEC's here on the forum so that audible could pick them up. I hope to visit your place once. Got to hear those VRD's. Is that xtreme on it's way as well?

Yes, sometimes things turn out for the best indeed. All this turned my cynicisme into some hope and a lot of joy and thankfulness, the best lemonade sofar. Cheers guys! 1.gif

Well, where do I start? Lots to cover here. So, let's start with where it all began......

For me, this project began over some gladhanding a couple of months ago when forum member Born2RockU scored a pair of MC30's. Amidst the fray and celebration, Timmikid jumps in - and I learn of his sad tale, which has been documented. I missed the original happening, as I was away from the forum at that time.

Around here, we don't allow such things to happen to our fellow forum folk without an effort to correct it. Quite frankly, it's really a rare thing to see this happen to one of our members. Some unlucky folks have had burns before, but not from other members - and certainly not on this scale, and never through forum transactions that I know of. Seeing that old thread just motivated me. I know of no other way to put it....this s#!^ was just WRONG. NOT to one of our members11.gif.

Obviously, I wanted to help correct the situation. Upon learning that Timmikid wanted to attempt to procure these again, I felt qualified to help. And with Tim being located in the Netherlands, he needed some help stateside, where the supply is. After all, I have been through the vintage Mac purchase on several occasions, so I felt that applying that experience would assure that things went right this time. I was going to make sure Tim got those amps.

Dodger was already on the case, having run a few leads down in an attempt to find them. In case you haven't bought vintage Mac.....it's not easy. Every unit is different - it's history, it's condition, and how it was used. Not to mention the flies they draw when good ones DO show up.

So I took over for Dodger and started running down the leads - with Dodger advising. He needed a break, so I began watching ebay and the usual sites...and began bugging forum members incessantly when a lead surfaced (just ask Gilbert12.gif). We saw lots of poor examples, for wayyy too much money. Then I get an email.........

from Joe. He explains that he has a pair he would be willing to part with, and has another pair in transit, so he would go through and make a pair for Tim.

And this is what he came up with.

These are better than mine - by a longshot. I couldn't do THAT good for myself! These are probably the second best pair of 30's I've seen - the others were at Terry's (I also know that owner). Very impressive. I will also say that Joe made this very easy for everyone involved - from the sale to the shipping to even paying the update at Terry's. Joe went above and beyond the call here - and that doesn't really do it justice, because I cannot ever remember anyone going out of their way in such fashion. I've done some exceptional deals here, but this transaction takes the cake.

So Joe - thanks to you, not only for the amps, but for being a wonderful human being.

Also thanks to Dodger for the technical advice and looking over our collective shoulders. It's always good to have someone to be a second opinion, and was at the ready anytime I had questions about the leads. I also found a very Mac experienced and good person that I am most glad to meet beyond the screen - at least over the phone, anyhow1.gif

And thanks to Gilbert and the rest of the forum folk whom I bugged as I went through the leads. Gil was probably tired of me bugging him for the 30's (as everyone else wanted the goodies that seller had) - but it was all for a good cause16.gif

And the usual thanks to Joe and Terry for their quality technical handiwork....

Craig deserves the thanks for the GEC KT66 - he found 'em, offered them here for a good price, and I just got to pick them up and listen for a few days. So, Timmikid gets a little icing on the cake, if you will.....and I got a free sample1.gif

And thanks to Tim, who trusted us and let us run with this project - and for keeping the chin up and not giving up on this. Had he given up on them, I would have understood - but he kept a good attitude through the whole ordeal.

A wrong is made right. There were no other options....I couldn't let that one go. And soon Tim will have his amps. All nice and shiny.

Enjoy them!

9.gif

So Joe after 'releaving' you from your amps and all else you did that I can never thank you enough for, sorry to have hijacked your thread.

9.gif

Audible wrote it down exactly as it is and all that has been done has maybe made a bigger impact on me than just the fact that I am getting mc-30's. The story behind it only makes this exact set of mc-30's the best and most beautiful in the world! Tim.

I kind of was in on the original set of 30's, had talked to Tim about them, he was going to have them shipped to me for check out then I was going to send them to Tim. He called about a week later and told of the rip-off, thought it was the end of the story, then a note from Joe and friends about the help being given. Well all worked out in the end and they are on their way to a loving home, I made sure they were sonically matched and even had matching line cords.

I am glad to have helped out, and Thank You the the crew that has made it happen.