OK everyone - how do you all resist the temptation to buy more equipment?

richieb

Even easier than the above for me...I cannot imagine a meaningful upgrade for any amount of money. I've got K'horns...end of story on that. Got a cornie center (rather have a Belle, but I hardly lay awake worrying over it). Frazier Mark IV's in the rear...no better. I've an ST-70 rebuilt by Frank Van Alstine and just give a checkover by Craig (again, hard to imagine much better for any bucks I'd want to part with), a Super PAS4 Van Alstine tube preamp, and a Panasonic Class D for casual listening/surround. About all I am jonsin' for is a new TT, and even that isn't a big nag.

I am a happy man.

Bear in mind I don't "hear" equipment unless it is doing something quite wrong. I am totally music oriented and find FAR more differences in source material than I do in good equipment.

Like my sig says "If it SOUNDS good, it IS good!'

I know there are many in the Forum who are equipmnet-oriented hobbyists. I salute them, and listen when I have a problem or am shopping (which is rare, as stated above).

Now, I must confess that I've a hankering from time to time to break into my best friends house and steal the Marantz Model 5's buried under a mound of junk in his storage area. Sheesh, by the time he missed them I'd probably be in the grave anyway...

Dave

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"OK everyone - how do you all resist the temptation to buy more equipment?"

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Yeah, right!!!!

At least I won't be buying any more speakers anytime soon. I have my pentulate dream collection now. There are a few more amps I need build though.

Rick

I did not understand "resist" until the truck needs a new clutch, brakes, and coolant. Want to get a couple of Merlins and VRDs but have to insure that I can make it to work and pay bills so I can play with the toys I have now. It is a tightrope that you have to be carefull with.

Xman

----------------

On 7/22/2005 5:08:47 PM fini wrote:

I can't bear the thought of my wife squeezing any harder on my testes...

----------------

And that's just a tube of model airplane glue! Wait'll she gets ahold of your you-know-whats!9.gif

DM2.gif

----------------

On 7/22/2005 6:01:42 PM D-MAN wrote:

----------------

On 7/22/2005 5:08:47 PM fini wrote:

I can't bear the thought of my wife squeezing any harder on my testes...

----------------

And that's just a tube of model airplane glue! Wait'll she gets ahold of your you-know-whats!
9.gif

DM
2.gif

----------------

I remember that stuff, it came in a yellow tube and we used it for putting models together, except I believe it was called Testors Cement and that is the stuff dreams were made of, expecially if you sniffed a bunch.....whew!

C&S

Yeah, now it's NON-TOXIC, and plastic modeling has not been the same!

But back to the subject, I have to admit that I own much more equipment than I can listen to at one time or even hook up into one system. I guess that it NEVER ENDS!

DM2.gif

"I remember that stuff, it came in a yellow tube and we used it for putting models together, except I believe it was called Testors Cement and that is the stuff dreams were made of, expecially if you sniffed a bunch.....whew!"

I loved buildin' them model cars....

Greetings,

I had a fortune from a fortune cookie that read:

"He who knows he as enough is rich."

I kept that at my desk for a long time because I thought it was truly words of wisdom. Of couse, it's sometimes challenging to know when we truly have enough! 2.gif For right now, though, I'm quite content with what I've got (and in fact never expected to ever have this much).

Take care,

Scott