Show Us Your Avatar !!!

----------------

On 8/4/2005 7:38:46 PM picky wrote:

----------------

On 8/3/2005 11:57:55 AM Tom Adams wrote:

Hey Picky - What's this I hear that the only place one can see a Zamboni now is in the Smithsonian???

Tom

----------------

That's true.....until the second week of OCTOBER!!!!!
2.gif

GAME ON!
16.gif

----------------

My neighbor had one in his driveway when I left for work this morning.

----------------

On 8/5/2005 2:52:57 PM Tom Adams wrote:

----------------

On 8/3/2005 4:56:39 PM Joe Shmoe wrote:

Nice one Tom...

Here's mine, it's an actual PETscan of me post cancer.

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/joePET1.jpg">

----------------

Uhhhhh.....Joe. That comment someone made about you not having a heart. Uhhhhh....dude - have you taken a look at that PETscan?

BTW, thanks for editing out the lower portion of that scan. Wouldn't wanna make the ladies scream and the guys jealous eh tripod? Your secret is safe with me.
6.gif9.gif

Tom

----------------

LOL.... ya know when I first edited the picture & cropped out ehem... "little Joe" I sent a copy to my brother in law.. but accidentally sent the uncropped version.. he then sends it back to me with a t-shirt & shorts photoshopped on lol... was quite funny.

"The Mighty Favog. One of Jim Hensen's first muppets from the early years of SNL."

umm, I may be misinterpreting the comment above, but Jim Henson's muppet creations date back to Washington DC local TV in the late 1950's/early 1960's, and were common 'guests' on the Ed Sullivan TV show by the middle of the 1960's.

So... Mr. Favog may've been one of Henson's first SNL Muppets, but not one of his first Muppets per se.

http://www.thejoyboys.com/henson.htm

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2004/020104.shtml

----------------

On 8/13/2005 12:50:55 AM wheelman wrote:

Picky I hate to burst your bubble. Your such a nice guy.
1.gif
, But your avatar is of Dusty Hill. Yep check out the headstock four tuners for a four string bass, plus look at the scale of the neck. I never even knew untill you blew up the picture like that. Peace
----------------

I guess that just goes to show you that I make mistakes, too. I guess I'll be shopping for a "more accurate" avatar. At least I got the group right! LOL

And this is an opposite view. I'm lowering a temperature/salinity profiler into the water to to 200 m depth. I do this each March at about 70 stations to cover the Gulf of St. Lawrence from a Canadian Coast Guard Bell-212 helicopter.

psg-onstation.jpg

post-15702-1381926897239_thumb.jpg

Mine depicts the result of nearly 4 years on the forum. When I made this avatar, I also changed my screenname (dndphishin), since we were no longer "Phishin" (due to the decline/retirement of the band).

Moon took the Belle image, I took the hummingbird image, then used some basic level image manipulation skills. It expresses the idea and result of my time spent here.

As McGarrett used to say, "It fits".

redtop avatar2.jpg

Mine is a scan of a caricature of me that was done when I was in college. It's about 25 years old, but it still is a good likeness (minus some hair on top 9.gif )

No comments about the beauty of the likeness...if you please...2.gif

Great thread...love the background stories.

post-10757-1381926897711_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...