Poll: Do you think U.F.O's exist?

travisc

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to add all that stuff, but figured people would get that I was talking about the little green men kind of thing. Interstellar, or interdimensional, parralel universes, particals occupying more than one space at a time kind of stuff. And does anyone have any personal stories with ufo's in the night sky?

speaking of lockheed, has anyone ever read this book. awesome stuff

The SR-71 Blackbird, originally named the RS-71, but renamed when Lyndon Johnson accidentally rearranged the letters during his 1964 announcement of the existence of the SR-71

I wonder how much it cost to rename it?

post-16943-13819272046252_thumb.jpg

Do I think UFO (Unidentified Fyling Objects exist) - yes.

But there is not one shred of evidence that extra terrestial beings have been here or exist anywhere. We are still looking (the SETI project for one) and so far we are alone.

The phrase that always freaks me out is "life as we know it".

Who knows?

As a point of philosophy or logic, its impossible to prove something does not exist.

Hell YES they exist. We launch several of our own every year in my back

yard. Anyone who believes out of the Billions of other solar systems

out there, that WE are the only intelligent life forms is indeed living

in their own little world. Vegas would love those odds. That's

like saying this world is only five thousand years old and the

Dinosaurs didn't exist...but then that's another arguement........

I believe there are no ships up there. I've seen some odd things from the window seat of an airliner (and other places), which might entertain you.

1) On a night flight the was something very, very odd on the ground. Odd shaped areas would burst into a pure white light. As if there was a truck with very bright lights, but moreso. Or maybe someone turned the lights on at the football field, then off. Then the same the next football field along the way. Wait, fireworks on the ground? Somehow synchronized to our path. Those went through my head and did not explain what I saw.

It took a while. Actually, the moon was high and out of sight from the window. I was seeing its reflection in the many lakes and ponds on the ground.

2) In daylight, the was a thin dark line wavering along the lenght of the wing almost at the rear edge of the super smooth surface of the wing. It must have been some polarization set up by the separation of laminar flow. The plastic window must have had some polarizing effect. I was tempted to write to Boeing. I wonder if they use such to "see" the effect of airflow in flight.

3) The above are oddball and probably not common. You might see the following because I have on several occasions.

Coming into Midway from the south just before sunset, with the sun on the other side of the plane. This is urban Chicago. Things on the ground would burst into reds and greens.

This was the effect of corner type reflectors on the ground. Most automotive reflectors use a trihedral structure to reflect back headlights. The green "Interstate" type signs use glass beads which do about the same.

The bursts of color occured around the shadow of the aircraft, you can see it but it is very small.

4) The last is, I think, called a sun dog. In flight in daylight, you can see the shadow of the aircraft upon a cloud. It is surrounded by a a halo. It is not too difficult to believe there is another aircraft pacing yours, and it has some force field bubble.

5) I was with my flight instructor coming into Midway in a 172, just after sunset. There was one set of landing lights in the western sky which should not have been there. I asked the insturctor. He said, smugly, that is Venus flight 101. It is still difficult to believe that they look so similar. I'm sure he was correct.

6) Some good friends told the following. They were sure they saw a UFO at night. A bright light hovers, then rapidly takes off in another direction. They were rational people and very certain it could not have been an aircraft.

Later they figured it out. It was an aircraft landing light. When coming toward them, it seemed to hover, then it turned at what seemed a great speed.

The above experiences make me think that people see a lot of strange stuff. But there is, unfortunately, a rational explanation. I also observe that there are few involved in science who would not like to find some credible shred of evidence of ETs. Unfortuantely, we don't have that yet.

One last one. I was sitting on the CTA bus after a long hard day. Looking out the window I saw a samuri movie with subtitles. My initial thought was that I had lost my mind and this was the beginning of the end. How strange They never tell you it will be like this.

The Chicago Park District was showing movies in the park on a big screen! The first one was the original, Seven Samuri.

Best,

Gil

Hell YES they exist. We launch several of our own every year in my back yard. Anyone who believes out of the Billions of other solar systems out there, that WE are the only intelligent life forms is indeed living in their own little world. Vegas would love those odds. That's like saying this world is only five thousand years old and the Dinosaurs didn't exist...but then that's another arguement........

Don't get me started...I do believe that the world is less than 10,000 years old, and I do believe that dinosaurs are real. They just couldn't survive in the new post flood ecosystem. And, it has nothing to do with religion. I takes a lot more faith and far fetched theories to believe that we all evolved from some primordial ooze 5 billion years ago than it does to believe in a theory of intelligent design...

I know, I know, keep religion and politics off this forum...I just couldn't resist...

Of course they exist...Where else did all the writers for Star Trek get all their information from?

And no one person can just make up the Klingon language in a year's time just for a '60s television show; they were tudored by actual Klingons.[6]

I'm so sorry about saying the earth is older than 5 K years. I didn't

mean to offend any one, but the truth is the devil made me do it.

[:D]

Really science, geology and carbon dating about sizes it up for

me. I know that doesn't work for everyone. It'd be rather boring if it

did. As far as seeing unexpained "things" from an

airliner...fighter pilots, and Astronauts have their

own unexplained sightings. Yeah it could be physics.

We don't know everything. For instance we do know there is a hell of a

lot more "dark matter" than the matter we see in the universe and

we know zip about it. Kinda like those damn Aliens..... LOL!!!

Forgive me, it's my nature...

Of course there are UFOs. Didn't you watch The X Files?

In high school, I wrote a thesis mathematically proving that a rash of parabolic lighted arcs traveling high power lines seen in the spring and summer of '65 were produced by ionization and collection of charged particles over standing waves in the transmission lines. The "lights" seemed to hover over then move rapidly down the lines. I wrote the paper for fun and presented it to my physics teacher. He asked if he could have it to read and reproove and I gave it to him. I never saw it again. he probably used it for his Masters Thesis at RIC.)

Rick

In September 1977 I saw what I think are classified as "daylight discs" near Houston. Two perfectly round objects were flying together and quietly zipped across the sky, heading due west toward the evening sun. Its difficult to approximate the altitude without knowing the size of the objects. The bottoms of the discs appeared metallic, and I could see a shadow line that clearly indicated a convex bottom.

These were not lights in the sky, but real hardware. The question is, who's hardware?

Very good question, for me I would say no. Let me say a short story on what I believe in, but first I think it was a blue ghost. I have remembered a long time ago when I was young, it was thunder storming with lighting and everything. I guess someone was making a loud noise outside, if not my parent wouldn't be yelling for nothing. After that last yell my parent gave, I have seen a blue man ghost in a coat that was floating in my room, then it disappear. I have no mannequins, just cloths hanging on the rack. Yet no one believes me, but I still remember it for some reason...

I'll weigh in to echo what some of the previous poster have said:

I think that there is a high probability of life existing on other planets (or moons) in the universe, but there is absolutely no compelling proof that we are regularly (or even irregularly) visited by sentient forms of said life.

There could be an entire field of research into the pysche of folks who claim alien abduction... however, this whole "probing" notion is such a troublesome and sad issue, I would really rather not hear why some people claim they've been sodomized by aliens.