• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Craig--I can understand having some issues

with her vocals--personally I think she sings OK, but DAMN--this woman

can PLAY the piano. I've sat three feet from her in a bar and

watched and listened to her intently--she really is very good.

Yes, she can, but not for very lengthy stretches. It was after I saw her in concert that I became less of a fan.

My wife and I went to see her when she came in concert to Detroit

earlier this year. She was on the stage for an hour and (maybe)

10 minutes, and she yapped for about 10 - 15 minutes of that

time. So, less than an hour on stage actually playing the piano, and I can tell you those

tickets were NOT cheap!

I think the cover's a return to the 60's style of Album cover art. My wife came home with the CD about a week ago and I admit, I was surprised at the cover pose. Later, reflecting on the cover, I recalled the covers of many albums my folks had in the 60's that were similar in both ligthing, pose, and material (hot chick,etc).

Diana is awesome - like any performer she will have her ups and downs - in Chicago they did a live broadcast on WXRT last year that was excellent - great band, singing etc.

As far as the CD - my first listen impression was that it had great arrangements, but that she was not at her best. Repeat listenings have brought more out of her performance. It is a GREAT xmas CD - and there are just too few of those around. This will definitely be in the xmas rotation from now on. Even our 19 year old son was playing it!

As it's been said any of us guys would love to be in Elvis's place...as a musician, I can only imagine what holidays would be like at the Costello/Krall house - that's one party I'd like to attend....

Mark

Allan,

For free? Figures you wouldn't put anything in the tip jar....

Chris

Back in the early to mid-80's I would have been lucky to afford a couple of beers and two bucks for the band!!

But I always put money in the tip jar!!

You know what, Ms Krall is better looking today than she was at 22. No kidding.

Allan,

Chris

Back in the early to mid-80's I would have been lucky to afford a couple of beers and two bucks for the band!!

Hey, I'm better looking now than I was 20 years ago, go figure![:D]

Tom

It's a cheesy photo move. Lengthens the body, flattens the stomach and enhances the breasts. Plus in some of the shots, it gets those 'turned on a lathe' legs of hers right at the camera.

You're full of sh*t, Michael. I tried that pose on my wife. It didn't flatten her stomach! [:@]

post-15368-13819276553576_thumb.jpg

Allan,

Chris

The wonders of plastic surgery [;)]

Allan,

Chris

The wonders of plastic surgery [;)]

Nah. Alot of women get better with age. It's true.

Another example, (in the negative) Norah Jones sounds like a teenager. Not that she can't sing, but she sounds like a girl. Give me a woman any day.

Going back to the original photo, I think it's pretty horrid. Look how stiff her arm and neck are. Totally painful pose to put a model into. She doesn't look sultry like the other photos, she looks catatonic!

Santa must've showed her his bag or something?

What's with the cover on her new CD? Is it supposed to look like Santa just had his way with her or what?

...certainly does not look comfortable as she would like everyone to believe....

Reminds me of what some cable and stereo gear companies are doing with their photos. cheap...cheap...cheap. Buy thi$, "it's what every man wants"....lol. They must be gearing those advertisements towards young school boys dreaming about girls, buy this and the girls will follow.

On the bright side, I bet she looks really nice in that green santa dress if she stood up for the photographer.