NEW CORNWALL III PIC--LOOKIE LOOKIE!

Amy

Oh hell.......this is NOT good. Not good at all. [:(]

That speaker would be a perfect match for the 5 Heresy's I refinished in black for my HT room. Couple that with the fact that my present oiled walnut vertical Conrwalls were a nice addition to our den and this becomes even worse. But the real killer is that when I pulled the Corns out of the den for HT duty and went back to the RB5's in the den, Laura damn near threw a fit! In a fake whimpering voice she says, "Boo hoo, hoo....can't we leave the Cornwalls in here?"

KLIPSCH IS EVIL!!!! GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN!!!!!!!!!!!

[;)] [:)]

Tom

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh hell.......this is NOT good. Not good at all. [:(]

That speaker would be a perfect match for the 5 Heresy's I refinished in black for my HT room. Couple that with the fact that my present oiled walnut vertical Conrwalls were a nice addition to our den and this becomes even worse. But the real killer is that when I pulled the Corns out of the den for HT duty and went back to the RB5's in the den, Laura damn near threw a fit! In a fake whimpering voice she says, "Boo hoo, hoo....can't we leave the Cornwalls in here?"

KLIPSCH IS EVIL!!!! GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN!!!!!!!!!!!

[;)] [:)]

Tom

"Laura damn near threw a fit! In a fake whimpering voice she says, "Boo hoo, hoo....can't we leave the Cornwalls in here?"

Our "old hides" are cut from the same cloth. if I make a change, Lynn is the first comment. She knows what this stuff is supposed to sound like.

That can be a good thing. OR,..........

Nice to have an ear of PWK(30years) sounds that can contribute to change. Or is it?

Terry

My wife is the same way. She couldn't tell you jack about audio gear, but if I make a change, she notices that.

I recall sampling some KT66 tubes in my MC30's. I rolled those in one afternoon (in leiu of my usual RCA 6L6GC's), and being unimpressed but patient, I just let them play for the day. My wife comes home and walks in the room as the system played, and she asks "what did you do in here?" It was the ONLY change that I made.

Although the "better halves" may seem to not care about our audio exploits, they sure do notice things once they get used to them. How many wives ask the question "did you notice anything" (after coming home after a long day of work, and she spit polished some area of the house you haven't even seen yet[;)]). So absolutely, wives will notice system changes. They may not have a clue as to how that's important, but if you make the change, she WILL notice it - and often appreciate it.

I can't imagine how big it is, maybe the size will be posted with the specs. I like the clean simple lines of the cabinet. $3500 bucks better sound way better than my RF7's and maybe it will be a three way. Possibly more suitable than the 7's with lower wattage tube gear......Mmmmmmmmm.

.....thanks for the sneak peek.

"maybe it will be a three way"

Speedball, where you been?

Uh, we've been posting about it for months. There's photos of the uncovered prototype all over the FOrum.

Search for Hope Gathering, there should be plenty of listener reviews and engineering talk to drool over.

Michael

I never thought I'd see the day...Cornwalls reborn...a version III. Looking forward to the official presentation at selected dealers an on the Klipsch website's Products page next month.

And m00n ol' buddy, these new Cornwalls wouldn't be Heritage without their traditional grilles IMO![;)]

I will be selling my rear effects Belle Klipsch to purchase a pair, my problem is where in the hell am I going to buy them? I have two Reference dealers nearby, my favorite place Alpha Stereo in NY has never seen their rep to ask questions such as this. So once they are available can I buy direct from Klipsch? Since my dealers get NO cooperation from area representatives.

What kind of discount off MSRP can I expect to see?

I will likely purchase a pair of these. That black speaker Amy posted looks very nice (thank you!). I would like to get some new Cornwall sound versus old Cornwall sound opinions from respected forum members here. I have really loved my 1977 Cornwalls.

Andy

P.S. Amy, I dare you to post a picture with grill removed.

• 3 weeks later...

And m00n ol' buddy, these new Cornwalls wouldn't be Heritage without their traditional grilles IMO![;)]

Be that as it may, Klipsch should at least offer two grill varities. One that is icky looking (as it is today) and one that has more cosmetic apeal. Something along the RF7 and RC7 grills. I know that when I finally get around to finishing my cornwalls, I will be building some grills that look like the RF7s. How? I dunno yet, but I will. [:)] I'm tenacious enough to do it.

BACK! All you people that want to tar and feater me. Back I say, I have my sward and I'm not afraid to use it.

[;)]