So whats on your Christmas Wish List?

thxsubwoofers

I've been telling "Santa" all year that I want a ticket to the Super Bowl - ever since I went to Jax last year and got shut out. My friends and I sent in about a dozen entries for the random drawing this year, in hopes a repeat of last year would not happen.

So wouldn't you know it, I received an invoice from the NFL this year to purchase two tickets as a result of my entry in the random drawing - one of 500 such invoices the NFL offers to fans each year. If only I could find a hotel in D-Town that doesn't cost more than the tickets........

So needless to say, I'm not asking Santa for anything else - other than to take as good of care of others as he did me[:D]

I've been telling "Santa" all year that I want a ticket to the Super Bowl - ever since I went to Jax last year and got shut out. My friends and I sent in about a dozen entries for the random drawing this year, in hopes a repeat of last year would not happen.

So wouldn't you know it, I received an invoice from the NFL this year to purchase two tickets as a result of my entry in the random drawing - one of 500 such invoices the NFL offers to fans each year. If only I could find a hotel in D-Town that doesn't cost more than the tickets........

So needless to say, I'm not asking Santa for anything else - other than to take as good of care of others as he did me[:D]

Well, a ticket to The World Series Final of baseball would be heaven, I'd pay every hotel or sleep in the gutter for that!!

Cod , that double burger looks delicious...Michael, my wife grinned when she walked by and saw your short list...

And a pair of the new Cornwall III's would be interesting.......if someone will hire me so I can make money again to buy such a thing. (Maybe Klipsch in Indpls. needs a good building maintenance man)

Cod , that double burger looks delicious...Michael, my wife grinned when she walked by and saw your short list...

And a pair of the new Cornwall III's would be interesting.......if someone will hire me so I can make money again to buy such a thing. (Maybe Klipsch in Indpls. needs a good building maintenance man)

NUUHUH, I saw it first Speedball. But what does a 'grin' mean, coming from your wife? Maybe she knows somebody cool, I'm local y'know! Got my own Sound System and wedding coordinator! What more could a girl want?

Nicholtl- wo happen mon? I didn't hear about your hearing loss? Prayers for ya dude!

Michael

This is what I"m getting myself for Christmas. I bought a Cayin TA 30 two years ago from Paul at BizyBee audio and it has been a very good first tube amp and Paul is great to work with.

Now if I had the money I'd get some VRDs but those will have to wait. So I decided to upgrade the TA 30 and Paul did me right the first time so I'm willing to try the TAD-60. It is 60 watts or 30 in triode using EL34, KT 88, KT 90, 6550, or my favorite tube the EH 6CA7s.

There are reviews on it over at Audiogon. Many people bought the TAD-60 to replace their Cayin TA 30 and they felt the TAD-60 takes the sound to the next level. I use a 2004 Luxman int amp, L-505f, as a preamp and I love the sound and versiatility(yes bass, treble, and Loudness). I have tried 2 tube preamps and I feel the Luxman has a better overall sound than the tube preamps when used with the 3 different amps I had. With a pair of VRDs I might have liked the tube preamps better but I doubt it.

As the Rolling Stones like to say"You can't always get what you want(VRDs) but you get what you need(TAD-60)". So I'll let you know if the TAD-60 satisfies my needs but still leaves me wanting more. And maybe for a little while I can keep my "wants" under control, at least for a day, okay hours, 1 hour, allright minutes.

Xman

post-13699-13819278328914_thumb.jpg