Don't Open This Thread Until After Christmas

thebes

Couldn't resist, could ya? Had to peek. Ok I understand human nature, so here's the deal.

People are already posting the audio goodies they bought for under the

tree. Resist that urge! (it's what you tell your kids so take

your own advice).

Unwrap that whatever xmas morn and here's the place to share it with us

all. Too excited, too nifty, think you need a seperate thread-why

go right ahead, nobody will complain.

Got a little goody for myself, with a minor adventure associated with

it, but I can wait, really, really....sellers name was Tifanny...well

it's a ......

Christmas came year round for me this year, lots of acquisitions. Panamax 5400EX, Belle Klipsch, Sherbourn 7/2100A, etc, etc. I can stick bows on all the stuff though!

Christmas is all about my little girl and wife now, I did get a Sirius Satellite receiver and matching boom box so I can keep up on my Howard Stern though.

I gotta prep the Prime Rib Roast and Maine Lobster for Christmas eve, yum!

Sorry Thebes. This year's Christmas is toned way down for us present-wise. My wife had to take medical leave from work and may not be going back. My job is pretty iffy this-coming year too, so we're really watching our spending. The best present I got this year is: now that my wife is home every day, I get to spend even more time with her looking into those beautiful blue eyes of hers! There ain't nothin' better than that a far as I know!

Picky, heartfelt words from a really nice guy.

Rough patches are a part of life, that we all know that for sure.

Compensation in the form of laughing eyes from the woman you love certainly beats any material possesions I can think of.

Happy holidays my Forum friend. In some ways you have the best of the holiday joy anyone could wish for.

Oh, and for some of you guys, what da hey ya tellin me about your

presents before xmas morn. Hold your water fer crying out loud.

Thanks, fellas! It hurts to see her (Verna) in pain knowing there is nothing I can do to help. We're hoping that will go away in time. We are blessed that it is not cancer or heart problems. Matters could always be worse. We've been married nearly 33 years and each year seems to bring us closer. We never would have believed that was possible until now. If her health prevents her from returning to work, then, so be it. We will get by. Should I lose my job in the coming year, we'll try to view it as an opportunity for me to go into something I would rather be doing. I may have to take a huge pay cut, but it won't kill us. Both of our (adult) kids have been laid off in the past 3 years and they are now doing better than before. It's the same story for my best friend; he's been laid off twice in 10 years and now, he's on top of his game. Who said, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks"? They were obvisously wrong. As long as my wife and I have eachother, nothing else matters. We're going fine for now. No worries. I will let you know when she is feeling better. Thanks for your kind wishes.

-Glenn

OK, so I waited until today to open this. Whadid I win[;)]?

Picky - great write-up. That's what the Holidays are all about. It's not the THINGS that matter, it's the feelings behind those things, and the people, that really make a difference. So much can be said with small material items - or yet, none at all. I think you'll find that added time together to be more valuable than any job.

We have mostly gone away from the normal methods of shopping and gift giving. We got our idea/tradition from Oprah, of all people: Instead of shopping until we are broke - and agonizing over that "perfect gift" - we make our own. We made 300 dozen cookies and 150 loaves of home baked breads and handed them out. We have found that those "home made" gifts are much more appreciated than many we could just buy for people - they seem to really appreciate that it is truly from us. Not to mention that the average disappearing time of those goodies can be measured in a few short hours. Occasionally, we wonder if this is the right thing to do - but then we get a quizzical "you makin' cookies this year?" - with that "oh please" look on thier faces, and we are again reassured that this is a good method of spreading holiday cheer.

As for me and my wife's gifts, we again took an approach we have traveled before: Instead of a "gift item", we use the money we might have spent on our own gifts and take some needed time off and spend some time together ourselves. As we are in retail, the work on the job, as well as on the baked goods means that we are ready for a break. Usually it is a musical event - but this year is a bit different.

The tale begins last year, when I planned a trip to visit my sister in Jacksonville, our first trip to see her since she moved to Jax. Of course, opportunist that I am, we planned that trip around Super Bowl weekend. My wife ended up not going (work issues), and I did go - albeit for an abbreviated weekend (which was mostly spent in Downtown Jax with sis looking for a ticket at the streetfest). Even made the local paper[:)] But alas, when kickoff came, I was still "sans ducat" - and ended up watching the game at her place.

After that trip, the NFL gods must have been thinking that this fella is hardcore. So they rewarded us, by drawing our name for an opportunity to purchase tickets for this year's game in Detroit - one of 500 such opportunities given out by the NFL each year. So not only did I get a ticket, my wife did, too[:)] It's also nice that this trip will be a bit different for us - as winter is usually not "our season" - but since football season is always our season, it will be perfect. NFL Experience and Kid Rock for Super Bowl Saturday Night, pre-game chow at a nice supper club at the Renaissance Center on Sunday, and of course, Super Bowl XL[:D]

So the next few weeks will be the "gift that keeps on giving" for us, as the playoffs unfold - GO BEARS[:D] Oh, and my wife just handed me a Super Bowl XL logoed leather jacket - wow, this thing is sharp.

Warmest of wishes to you and yours......and MERRY KLIPSCHMAS![:)]

Audible Nector , you won one of those 500 lotteries to get a superbowl ticket! wwwwwwow congrats man! [:D] I've read stories of people who've tried for years to get one of those. From the sound of your superbowl plans, its going to be an awesome weekend! Truly an experience of a lifetime, make sure you get pics for the rest of us who have to watch it on tv... you know, behind the scenes footage [:D]

Hope everybody is having a wonderful day,

Ranjith

The wife & I decided to put a $100 dollar limit on gifts for each other this year since we've spent quite a bit on the HT.

As an aside.....my projector was supposed to have been installed Dec. 14th. That morning I get a call from the store owner asking if I had picked the projector up (which I hadn't). Long story short - the projector was stolen. And as best as they can figure it was one of the employees since the projector was in an area of their warehouse they put equipment that is either sold or allocated to an installation job. So some time this week, I might get my projector up & running. At least my Denon 3910 came in. Anyhow.......

Like picky, the gifts & all are great, but the fact that I get to spend over 10 straight days with my wife & step-daughter is the best. We don't have anything planned, we sleep in, will probably have a "slumber party" in the den in front of the fire place one night, get to ring in the new year together, and will get to meet Chris Robinson & his family. Considering my bout with prostate cancer this year (which I'm all but cured - YIPPEEEEE!!!), I'm also thankful for the gift of being in relatively good health. And my wife continues to amaze me on a daily basis with her devotion to me. I won't go into details, but my type of radiation treatment (prostate seed implantation) has some rather discouraging effects sexually. Because of the lack of my body producing testosterone, the libo is affected in a serious way. In essence, the Doc tells me to "use it or lose it" [:(] in order to force my body to make natural testosterone. I could take artifical testosterone, but protaste cancer feeds on that stuff. Anyhow, let's just say that my wife has been a real, uh, trooper in supporting this "use it or lose it" therapy. [6][:D]

Oh - and we got these posters finally framed when Michael's had a 70% off for 3 or more framings. The other two will be done this week.

Happy New Years folks. [:)]

Tom

post-4338-13819278479774_thumb.jpg