Klipsch cures rude neighbor w/subwoofer

codhead

A next-door neighbor with a new subwoofer - apartment living at it's finest.

Perhaps I'm getting old and cranky. Or maybe it was the "club" music

coming through my bedroom wall until after Midnight last night. Or the

sound of explosions tonight. Whatever the cause, this camel's back had

seen one too many acoustic straws in the last week.

So a quick reconfiguration of the bedroom system was in order. Out went

the Heresy's, and in went the Chorus I's. Out went the Moth s2A3, and

in went the Crown D-45.

Out went the Clapton, Dire Straits, and Steely Dan. In went the AC/DC,

Alice in Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, The Offspring, and finally...

Jackyl. Nothing like lighting up the Crowns IOC indicators while

playing "The Lumberjack" (while wearing my David Clark Straightaway ear

muffs).

While Klipsch speakers do an outstanding job of reproducing music,

their ability to accurately render the nuanced sound of dueling

chainsaws is something that everyone should experience. You can almost

smell the oily exhaust fumes hanging in the air.

And now... total silence. And it's only 10:00. Looks like I'll be

getting a good night's sleep for the first time in a week. [;)]

D-45 ...???

why dick around ....

borrow Def Jeff's Micro-Tech 1200

now, That'll show 'em.......[:D]

Yeah, it'll show 'em how to replace tweeter 'phragms...

Funny thing, I handed a D-75 to guy today that was so happy I thought he was going to kiss me on the mouth... Green room monitor amp.

Classic Scenario.

I think at one point or another we all have a good neighbor story. I have one about a guy who was excited to show off his new HT. He had a party and put his bookshelves in his windows. I let him brag for about an hour then went home and opened my sliding door. Metalica on big horns trumps Aerosmith on little bookshelves. His bragging switched imeadiately to how good they looked in his LR and how his wife liked them.

Poor guy.

• Klipsch Employees

When I first moved to Indy we stayed in an a place with folks on both sides.

The kids and I got up on one Sat morn and started watching a movie in the LR. (khorns, cornwalls with about 200 Watts in the system, no sub)

We had the volume down so we could talk over it, (knowing the guys next door could hear if we were to turn it up)

When about 1/2 way into the movie I hear this "thump, thump" from out side. the boyfriend from next door came over to see his girl. He got out of his car and left the radio going...We could not hear the movie.

After about 20 min of this I went out side to ask him to turn it down. He was in the house not the car...it was out there locked up going thump...

Well as I am a redneck, that did not set well with me.

So in the house I go and tell the family to go up stairs and hide in the bedroom. ( they dont like it loud)

then I started with "made sesions" and the 5 string bass solo. the volume was WFO...wide f......open.

I went back outside to see how loud it was out there.

I had every door open in the complex, folks looking to see what was going on...120+ db

I look in the house where the boyfriend was and could see in the window "mom" trying to catch all her little glass things that were dropping off the wall and shaking a finger at the boy. As he came running out to kill his radio I notice a 8 yr old boy in the house with his fingers in his ears and a look on his face like "let me out of here".

When he truned off his radio I went stright in and killed mine.

He later ask me what I had going and I told him " just a pr of speakers and 100 watts..."

He never left the radio on again...

I love these stories!

Being by nature, an early to bed, early to rise type... that didn't sit well freshman year in college where the fellows in my dorm would have their music cranking until the wee hours of the morning. Heaven forbid that someone awake them in the morning though...

One day as I went home for the weekend, I plugged my system into a timer, turned everything on. I cued my turntable to DSOTM and the "chimes/bells" section. I set the timer to something like 5:30 and I turned the volume on my 120 x 2 Yamaha (with 3bx, and subharmonic synth) to something like 2:00, fed into LaScalas.

I then left for the weekend knowing that Saturday morning at about 5:30, everyone would be thinking of me. It worked and I got my retribution.

[A] [A] [A]

D-45 ...???

why dick around ....

borrow Def Jeff's Micro-Tech 1200

now, That'll show 'em.......[:D]

Duke, you got the K-2.

By the way, do you know whether Crown sells those plastic front grills for the MT's? Mine has been broken for some time.

yes, that's a servicepart ...

you can buy it right from Crown ...

To tell you the truth, the one on our left does! I was blastin' Jimmy Rogers' LP Blue Bird on the 'table awhile back while he and his wife were chillin' out in their screened in porch. That evening as I was taking out the trash can to the curb, he came over to me and asked what blues music was playing on my stereo earlier, that he and his wife never heard it before and liked it so much they wanted to buy it for themselves! Pretty cool, eh?

I use common sense with the neighbors. I might give a blast for a couple minutes, and maybe an hour or so of moderately loud rock on the weekend, but it's always low to moderate at night and inaudible to them after 10:00PM. I'm sure they would prefer no noise, but hey, that's life. Besides, they can always move if they don't like it.

I live alone in a single family home with one neighbor on the left with 25 feet in between houses, and a pond on my right. There is nothing behind me. Suffice it to say, I don't care about much while I'm playing mine at 100db plus. :)

But there was a time that I lived next door to a county cop in a townhouse (for 5 yrs) and had to watch my p's and q's. I'm just now making up for lost time.

Mike