Off topic: Question about human nature

m00n

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A). Sounds like mebbe a bit of an inferiority complex here. Stand tall and be proud of yourself and your spouse. She wants you to attend that reunion to show you off. You're her arm candy.

B). Unless you see her in skin flicks understand that everyone explores in HS. She was no "pass around" so most of her classmates will see you as you rightfully are....THE CHOSEN ONE.....

Sound like you're a lucky man and she should be flattered at your jealous contempt about her previous adventure...but don't let that be bigger than the fact you're her number one today, tomorrow and forever.

YOU GUYS!!!!!

You all are reading WAY more into this than there is. There are no issues in our marriage regarding this at all.

1) I'm not worried about her having a fling.

2) The reunion was just used as an example( kind of, her 20 is coming up this year )

3) Everyone has a little jelously in them

4) I'm not remotely worried about her leaving me for this old football player guy.

5) While we have had some issues, our marriage is getting better all the time.

Wow... you guys are WAY over analyzing this. My wife and I were just having some fun banter between the two of us is all. It was all in fun and coyness.

You guys have just way overlooked my question.

YOU GUYS!!!!!

You all are reading WAY more into this than there is. There are no issues in our marriage regarding this at all.

1) I'm not worried about her having a fling.

2) The reunion was just used as an example( kind of, her 20 is coming up this year )

3) Everyone has a little jelously in them

4) I'm not remotely worried about her leaving me for this old football player guy.

5) While we have had some issues, our marriage is getting better all the time.

Wow... you guys are WAY over analyzing this. My wife and I were just having some fun banter between the two of us is all. It was all in fun and coyness.

You guys have just way overlooked my question.

No, we haven't. This is fun - let's keep going... [:P]

• Moderators

I'm just curious, if your wife had kids with someone else and had to deal with the father (for the kids' sake) on a semi-daily/weekly basis, would you be able to cope with that ok? I mean, obviously, they'd have been intimate!

No matter how you feel about "men from the past," you need to let it go. Don't avoid functions because of the possibility of seeing them. It's somewhat debilitating and life-limiting, I think. Go to the reunion if she wants you to.

Personally, I've had to deal with "women from the past" VERY frequently, mostly because of children involved. Never has bothered me in the least.

Just .02 cents [:)]

I always liked a good cat fight [6].............................Just kidding[A][:D]

I have a similar situation with a remarried ex and our children. Peace is better than war especially when children are involved. They remember it all.

I never let any of that stuff bother me. Not worth it.

I went to an old college room mates wedding. I dated his sister in highschool and early college off/on for 4 years. In fact, it was because of HER, I met HIM. She and I have stayed in touch since then, although it might be no more than a happy birthday (and she lives like 5 states away). We email each other but don't chat/visit.

Lurch forward 20 years and he's finally settling down & getting married. I am invited to his wedding as of course, SHE is. This is the first time we've been in the same place ... well... since the last time we were in the same place [A]

She's been married now for (guessing) 10 years so that makes ME "that other guy".

I don't have ANY idea of her husband 'knows' we dated or if he 'knows' I'm her older brothers room mate from school. What I DO know is I felt a great responsiblity to treat HER with 100% respect as well as him. Even if he wanted to kick my hiney, what was history was history.

During the festivities, the three of us actually spent the bulk of the time together. We even went out shopping & running errands together. All the while I was wondering..."just what (if anything) might he be thinking". He never let on a BIT that he was 'thinking' anything and I played it just as smooth, or so I like to think.

I even wanted to ASK her what he might know and I decided to not go there either. I had to just be the family friend that I've been for almost 30 years and if I had any issues, they were mine. If he had any issues, they were his.

During the rehersal dinner, we sat side by side (her hubby & me).

Either he & I are GREAT actors or he saw me for what I was and am. A decent person who was a family friend. I had independent friendships with EACH member of their family from the mother/father down to the 5 kids. I found out how great of a guy he is and I think she made a great pick.

We still keep in touch, I just heard from her at Christmas in fact. Our communications are 100% honerable. With all that said, I DO admit that during the time of the visit, I WAS a bit preoccupied with "what/why did he say (or not say) something". I was probably not 100% myself because I was striving to not show ANY signs that I knew her any better than I did.

Go to the reunion, ESPECIALLY if it's local to you. I drove 5 hours to go to mine and later, found out there were some people who did not attend that lived locally. I kind of resented that they didn't show up for a drive across town, when I took the time to drive 5 hours to TRY to see them.

I personally had a fantastic time at my reunion(s). Some of those people I've known since kindergarten and in fact before so they are in a perverted sense of the word, a bit like family to me. Then of course, there are "the others".

As far as the "ex"... "don't ask, don't tell". but for what ever course of action, she DID "choose" you and not him. So don't be afraid to flaunt that

[6]

Now, for the next chapter of my book....

[:o]

OK then go to the reunion and doodle her best freind [:o], seriously yer loosin this one. I don't go to my own reunions; I dont even want to run into my own past indiscretions. [;)] But to answer your question; no I don't think that way ... not anymore at least, yeah when I was younger maybe. Would I go to a function and meet my wife's possible past encounters of the... er ...um... biblical kind. Yeah absolutely I'd go I mean who cares it is like Rafiki said on Lion King "Who cares it in the past"

I agree m00n, it would bother me a little. I don't know if it would be so much as to not go to the reunion, but I would go knowing if we ran into her ex boyfriend it would be a bit of an uncomfortable moment for me. I've been out with girls and run into other guys my date recognizes and talks to and had to stand there wondering what went on before me. But it's a question you never ask her in my opinion.

Let me tell you a little story; I was madly in love once in my life when I was much younger. We were both virgins when we met and I just took it for granted we were together for life. It ended very badly for me and left me extremely bitter. About 6 months later I sent her a letter just to say I'm sorry I had handled things the way I had. She wrote back and told me she forgave me but she also told me that she debated wether or not to answer and then said it would be better if I didn't contact her again. That really hurt. Ofcourse one day I found out she had gotten married and I went through it all over again. A few years later she came up to me in a store with her husband and proceeded to introduce me to him. I felt she was showing off. Words were exchanged and then he had to say something so I said something back that I knew would cut to the bone and I could tell I had hit the bullseye.

A few years later she came up to me in a store with her husband and proceeded to introduce me to him. I felt she was showing off. Words were exchanged and then he had to say something so I said something back that I knew would cut to the bone and I could tell I had hit the bullseye.

LOL!!! I knew it. I knew I wasn't the only one.

However, I know it must have been painful. I've had some very painful experiances in my past. Primarily with my first wife.

First off, the whole concept of High school reunions totally escapes me, there's not a single soul that I really want to get in touch with after 25 years. If I wanted to see these people, I would have kept in touch. The whole reunion thing is just an chance for those that have a need to show off, or indulge in some form of self flattery.

And Moon, I know that you are fairly close to my age, and as such you must realize that you are "not the first".

Just be happy that you are "The last", [;)]