O no! Khorns presented to my mc 30's, the rest and... me!

Timmikid

Hi guys, just wanted to tell you my Klipsch journey, in speakers that is, has come to an end! My audiofriend, who has just found a pair of really nice LS, tipped me that there was a pair of the one and only Khorns on the internet for sale here in Holland! Now that is very rare. It is even more rare that the seller mentioned they were mint and for sale for 2000.-. That is for Dutch standards ridiculously low. Selling price here is around 7000.- a piece (!). Very nervously I took the afternoon off and called him up. They were still there, AK3, networks, 8 years old. I just told him: "Sold, I am on my way." He lives in the upper North of Holland, North Friesland. 2.5 hrs drive. On my way I go, after work. Finally I walk into the room and ... OMG, they are bigger than I thought. I had never seen a real Khorn before. They are huge. With some trouble we got one in my stationcar. I scratched my head and tell him:"Well I see you tomorrow for the 2nd." In the middle of the night I get home, early in the morning my neighbor helps me unload. Part of him is interested, part of him is afraid what this will do to his peace. The other day a long trip again. Got home earlier, because I took another day off, and called my audiobuddy, hooked them up and... only Khorn owners know what happened next. Sweet lord, time for a beer!!!

post-13557-13819281742818_thumb.jpg

Great score and travel story. Rivals my own adventures. So that was total 10 hours trip to get the pair, was it? Good for you! You're now part of the Klipsch Secret Society. Your decoder ring badge should arrive shortly in plain brown wrapper. [;)]

Is that Miles Davis Sketches of Spain hanging on the wall 2nd from bottom? Nice tunes man!

Michael

From top to bottom it's ******* Brew, Tutu, Sketches of Spain and Live Evil. On the floor the first album is The Cooker- Lee Morgan. The portrait is Willie Nelson, also one af my all time heroes! Yes, it was quite a drive... twice. All worth it. Now I have to find buyers for my ind. LS with new BEC networks. It should be nice for a Belge, German or Dutchy, any one?

Hé man! And thanks to you (and others) this symbioses has taken place! You won the bet, they do sound... $^*^%*&^%&^ I'm still speachless! I have not tried to put the LS higher or do the doghouse mod, but it is not only that I do not need a sub anymore, but the mids and the highs are also much more invisible, 3d, spacial, what should I call it. Not much, I'm still scraping my jaw off the floor and then I have to sweep my brains up! One disadvantage: I'm only caretaker of the house, I could stay here for years or just a few months. My friends are going to kill me if they have to help me move! Especially if I haven't sold those LS's yet! [:D] Tim.

"The Cooker"

What a record!! Pepper Adams is ON FIRE on this one . . .

Yes, it was after this record I noticed my brains crawling on the floor, trying to avoid that disgusting jaw that had been there since Yello.

BTW: This is a Liberty pressing, was this record also printed in 'West' or 'What was it again' and does it sound even better? That would be scary!!! [:^)]

From top to bottom it's ******* Brew, Tutu, Sketches of Spain and Live Evil. On the floor the first album is The Cooker- Lee Morgan. The portrait is Willie Nelson, also one af my all time heroes! Yes, it was quite a drive... twice. All worth it. Now I have to find buyers for my ind. LS with new BEC networks. It should be nice for a Belge, German or Dutchy, any one?

What?.......... NO "******* Brew"???????? NO "Search for the New Land"?????????...........

Just kidding of course. Congratulations on the Khorns, and it's always good to see Jazz alive and well, all over the world!

Klipsch out.

What's with all this "Betreft: Re: Betreft: Re: Betreft: Re: Betreft:" stuff in the subject line of this and other posts?

Oh, by the way, congratulations on your Khorns.

I have been wondering what "Betreft" means and why it is everywhere too. Someone please explain!

Congrats on the K Horns - quite a score since they are so rare there. I bought the only pair of K Horns and the only pair of Belles that I have ever seen here in Las Vegas for sale. I also had my brother buy the only RF7's that I have ever seen used here. Got to jump while its available on the market.

Chris