The Caves of Arne Saknussemm (A Journey to the Bass of the Earth)

WMcD

42. The hatch will be secured

with flat head screws and a trim washer. This requires the holes in the

hatch to be counterbored with a fosner bit.

On a serious note... i like the carpentry details, with the flush hatch

and counter sunk screws... the final product promisses to look pretty

refined.

That's also a nice plexiglass guide trick... I'll probably borrow that

for my next project as it'll save a load of time setting up the fence.

ROb

The first page or two was funny as all heck, but then it just started getting weird. Just my 2 cents, equates to .000002164001 on the open market. BTW how does the love interest turn out between the female action figure and the professor? The sexual tension is killing me.

Gil, fantastic read and awesome work sir[;)]

You know how bad I want Jubs as my HT mains after Roy played them last year and gave us a ballpark figure on retail I can't see any other speaker in my HT mains future[:D]

Love your imagination and a comic strip may just be in you and the Professor's future, signed Dr. Tar HeHeHe

The Professor is annoyed the workers have discovered the concept of "weekend" much less three day weekends as holidays.

While the workers are resting he will be studying one the articles they found (attached). He is using EVM15L drivers (see frame 8 above) but thinks he may need something with a lower Fs.

[in the .pdf file, the photo of the corner horn was scanned separately for better resolution. It appears small on a computer screen. However, it prints at a large size with enought resolution to show the half-tone pattern - - meaning all the resolution in the original.]

Best wishes for Memorial Day and special thoughts for all the vets.

Gil

Progress in Klipsch Speakers.pdf

Gil, are you doing all of this in your apartment? Or do you have a shop

somewhere else at another location? I've got some projects to work on

in the near future and I'm wondering how you're not trashing your place

with all this cutting.

• 3 weeks later...

With Photo 49. There is an issue of how to locate the interior pieces. The Professor uses plywood gussets which are too small to interfere with the wave mechanics but will prevent panel resonances. He also believes that good plywood deserves paint to seal against the degrading effects of time. The edges will get a generous application of glue to bond them to the top and bottom plates.

post-2552-13819301630614_thumb.jpg

With Photo 50. The drivers are screwed to the motor board. The motor board is a 3/4 inch piece of birch ply with an additional layer of 1/8th inch hardboard on the driver side. Not shown is that the hardboard has a circular cut out just smaller than the gasket on the driver. This gives about 3 mm more space for the diaphragm to move forward without hitting the motor board. Some drivers (K-33?) have an extra thick gasket which might make this un-necessary. But we must make provisions for many drivers lacking this.

post-2552-13819301630874_thumb.jpg

With Photo 51. The motor board and drivers are positioned into the long dog house. The motor board is secured with six bolts. The geometry is such that there must be hatches at each end to give access to the bolts. There seems no way to make this cabinet without a hatch at each end. (Otherwise we could have a finished top end plate without a hatch.) Not shown is that the motor board to throat area is sealed with Moretite for an airtight seal.

post-2552-13819301631124_thumb.jpg

With Photo 52. The Professor wonders what to do about the two drivers. Should they wired in parallel or series? That is something to experiment with. He specifies that each driver have its own connect in the back, with spacing for dual banana connectors (on a square). He gets himself into a precarious situation while wiring things up. He just will not let go of his cigar.

post-2552-13819301631564_thumb.jpg