The Caves of Arne Saknussemm (A Journey to the Bass of the Earth)

WMcD

11. In a flash of genius he realizes that all he has to do is insert a a three-inch section (scaled) of graph paper to make the chamber wider. The overall Cave will only be three inches wider Also it is more favorable to maintaining a consistent flare constant. The physical Universe will not be disturbed.

post-2552-13819286707682_thumb.jpg

post-2552-13819290981022_thumb.jpg

post-2552-1381929493971_thumb.jpg

12. The Professor tells Gretchen that shell have to take care of the lab while the rest of them are away. They have a terrible argument. He says spelunkian engineering is no place for a woman. She is angry he will not make her part of the crew.

post-2552-13819286708382_thumb.jpg

post-2552-13819290981742_thumb.jpg

post-2552-1381929494035_thumb.jpg

Due to the shape of the gallery and the conducting power of the rocks, his uncles voice was uncannily travelling, and by means of their chronometers they discovered that they were four miles apart...

So Axel took upon the task of rejoining the others..

I saw the live concert at the Civic Auditorium in San Francisco back in about '75 or so. Great show! Huge, inflatable Dinosaurs and the whole thing! Well, at least I THINK the dinosaurs were really there[;)].

Wakeman was awesome, but for my money I still give a slight edge to Keith Emerson. They were the two "top dogs" back then. Pretty healthy competition between the two at times. I saw two live performances of the "Brain Salad Surgery" tour and they were jaw dropping shows imho.