meagain

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Yes I have been watching it off and on. The auditions are hilarious and I am rather impressed by some of the individuals' talent. I will pay closer attention and try to decide which ones I favor in the next week or so.

I really like to hear Randy, Simon and Paula's comments.

I never watch it, just flip right to the next channel when it's on. There's always some much more educational documentary on satellite that I would much more prefer to watch so I never get sucked into the drama on American Idol. :);)

Some people can watch the same ball go into the same 2 hoops for hours upon hours. [8-)]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Other than watching the History, Animal, Food and Discovery Channels; news is about the only thing I watch although I do take in some golf, tennis and pool. Oh yeah, for some strange reason I watch Poker once in a while. I dont even play but the characters are interesting and I find Norman Chad hilarious!

Idol is not for everyone but at least its different each week and I enjoy watching the kids try to improve each week. There is definitely some talent on the show this year but unless the guys pick it up it will be an all female top five!

• 2 months later...

No. God No, there is now way. No.

Same thing Jackson said.

Steve

Steve and Bart,

Don't know if you guys are old enough, but I loved the Gong Show of old. Idol is a real hoot to me on the front end when the people are, hummm, less[:D] than talented. When the competion get down to the wire,......I could care less.

What I want to see, is the regional tryouts. Every guy with a monkey that can sing and break-dance. Now thats entertainment!!!!!!

I love Idol, I am a fan, but only for the first week or so.[;)] When the so-called talent starts to get good, I bail out.

tc

Lord, I can't believe this thread is still going.

Folks, the easiest and greatest single improvement you can make in your life is to pull the antenna/cable wire and turn off the TV. I stopped watching commercial TV about fifteen years ago and discovered that not only did I not miss it, I had many, many more hours every week to engage in truly useful activities. The only downside has been that I sound like a mindless programmed zombie as my coworkers do when they discuss these "killing time while waiting for death" entertainments. Yes, there is life after TV, and it is good.