most played out song ?

seti

What are the most played out songs for you?

These are songs that while maybe good definately not bad but after hearing them 50 million times you have no desire to ever hear them again due to excessive play either by radio friends or both.

I cringe when I have to hear Stairway To Heaven or Yellow Submarine. It is not humanly possible to list the number of times I have heard these songs UGGGGG no more....

What are the most played out songs for you?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stairway to Heaven is definitely a contender. When I ran my mobile DJ business in the mid-70s EVERY gig had to end with Stairway to Heaven.

This is an interesting question, different from what annoying ear worms do you never want to hear again, e.g., anything by the Cowsills. Stairway... isn't a bad song, but enough already.

For me, it's Straight Up by Paula Abdul.

I never liked the song to begin with, but I can remember back in the late '80s when the song came out, it seemed that every time I had the radio on either at home, in my car, or at work, that's the only song that I'd hear...over and over and over again! Even though today you hardly ever hear it played anymore, if I'm in earshot of a radio tuned to a pop station and this song is selected, I cringe every time. It drives me nuts still today!

I'm scarred for life by that song![:@]

Anything by Led Zeppelin. Doesn't matter where you are in the country; there's going to be a rock station playing a set of three or four songs, prefaced with that horrible "Time to get the Led out" intro. I actually like them, just don't ever want to hear it on the radio again.

Yeah, Stairway has it, hands down. And I'm a nut for the Zeppelin, but uuuggggghhhhhh

'if there's a bustle in your hedgerow....' and most kids have no idea what a friggin hedgerow is.

Or anything on the 'worst song ever' list....

As much as I like Zeppelin ,Stairway was run in the ground, overplayed, used for every prom, wedding, dance theme, it's a shame what was done to that song. The ever popular In A Gadda Da Vida, or whatever that horrible Ironbutterfly song, on a stock brokers ad,Pleeeaaassse, go away, far away, back in it's grave, never to be heard again.

For those of us who have ever DJ'ed or played in a wedding band, it's gotta be an even toss-up between "Celebration" (Kool & the Gang) or "Proud Mary" (by anyone)!

Runners-up: "The Macarena" and "Cha-Cha Slide"

OMG! Make the voices in my head stop! [:S]

Heh... "Stairway to Heaven" was the first to pop into my head when I read the thread title.

I am similarly exhausted with the Pink Floyd catalogue... I swear that if I have to hear "Money" one more time, I'll spend all of mine on earplugs.

Another one that makes me grit my teeth is "In the Air" by Phil Collins... it and Su-Su-Sussudio make me wish the 80's had never happened.

Yeah, Stairway has it, hands down. And I'm a nut for the Zeppelin, but uuuggggghhhhhh

'if there's a bustle in your hedgerow....' and most kids have no idea what a friggin hedgerow is.

Or anything on the 'worst song ever' list....

Ahhhh yes, The "hedgerow".... but what's a "bustle"?

I think I have heard 'Rock-n-Roll All Night' (or whatever the real title is) by KISS,1000 times too many. I never really understood how this song was a hit with the same phrase being sang for 3 minutes. I wish Paul and Gene would just drink their prune juice and go lie down already. PLEASE.

"back in black" is definitely a song I've heard one too many times. I love ac/dc but enough already. There was a day in my recent memory where I heard that song 3 times in an evening on different stations.

and oh, anymore of Green Day will definitely push me over the edge, how much radio play did their last album get? it was ridiculous ....

Happy Birthday, I can't stand my birthday because of the potential chance of hearing it. It has nothing to do with being over weight, not having a proper job/goals at my age and getting one year closer to death really. All that does not bother me, I just can't stand that song.

Good one, a top contender for overplayed, and we don't even have much if any choice. Another though no particular one ( nothing against Christmas here) ,but a lot of Christmas songs, again, at some point by no choice.

A couple of others:

The Lion Sleeps Tonight

Mony, Mony

Proud Mary

Evil Woman (ELO)

Money ( Pink Floyd)

Celebration (Cool and the Gang?)

Old Time Rock and Roll? ( Bob Segar)

We Built This City on Rock and Roll?