3 Bedroom Farmhouse, What Gear is Really Coming?

Since I plan to be staying at the Farmhouse on Friday night to help watch over things I just thought a thread for what is being brought to run in these 3 rooms be started.

I for one have made plans on bringing my BAT VK-3i Pre Amp & VK-P5 Phono Pre and would love to here this combination on say VRD's or some other nice tube amperage as I use SS at home.

One thing I did want to request was people bring plenty of IC's and speaker cables to go around. I plan on bringing a short set of XLR's to go between my pre's and a 1 Mtr set of XLR & RCA which for me will be enough to keep track of but lots of cables seems to be a must[;)]

What kind of speakers are coming this year and by all means lets all bring a nice veriety of media on both CD & LP as I know many people got turned on to some fine new music last year in Hope[H]

OK, let her rip gang[8]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 views and my first hit! THX Terry. I,m thinking here it is I have rented this farmhouse (and going to stay there Friday night to insure security of property and goods after renting it for $50.00) and it has 3 rooms in which we can set up different systems to listen too and I have not even seen a complete system coming yet unless you do bring a pair of H2's[:)]

Now Seti told me last night while he was over and we were jamming that he would be bringing his MMF 2.1 w/Grado Platinum Reference & his new and very sweet Cambridge Azur640 so if nothing else comes we have a baby slammin' rig with the H2's and Luxs'[:D]

I'm sure hoping at least one pair of VRD's and maybe another pair of MKIII's like Daddy Dee had last year will be there and I sure hope some large Heritage something shows up for a 20X30 Greatroom[;)]

After viewing the Texas gatherings photo's I'm Hope-ing we can have some sweet setups too[:P]

• Moderators

I would love to hear some Khorns somewhere maby at the tour?

We have never heard them , the best Klipsch makes and we have have nowhere to listen to them. I have read so much about them i would like to hear in person even if it's a dealer.

I would love to hear some Khorns somewhere maby at the tour?

We have never heard them , the best Klipsch makes and we have have nowhere to listen to them. I have read so much about them i would like to hear in person even if it's a dealer.

I am crossing my fingers to hear the jubilee again. Which I consider to be the final and grandest Klipsch Horn.

• Moderators

I forgot about the Jubilee, but to tell the truth i would never have much of a chance to own them even if they went into production, now the Khorns there are alot of them around.

Really to many things on the list to get done around here to buy new but if i could i would.

Well, I have thought long and hard on this one.

I am going out on a limb and bringing BOTH dbb's. I will probably give myself a hernia. I have rented a Cargo van to travel with these big things as I bet they weigh more than Khorns.

My main reason for bringing them is to get opinions on what they sound like. I haven't had anyone of any audio desire come to my house and listen to them. I also have a nice set of networks that I want evaluated as well.

I hope I get some volunteers for electronics to hook up to them. Terry has already offered to hook his Luxman up to them.

I am very much looking forward to this trip. I really have no local friends that have any interest whatsoeveer in audio. My chance to meet some other audio nerds like me. I would also love to hear jubilees.

jc

I am most definately interested in hearing VRD's and juicymusic products.

I won't be bringing a preamp. Terry Cruse will have a Merlin there.

jc

Travis, I believe The Kaiser will be bringing a BAT tube pre. And would love to/need to hear the VRD's. Same for pCats. Ahum. Mark?

tc

Hey guys,

Since I'm new to the forum, I'm not exactly sure what the farmhouse is. are people bringing gear up to listen to then. If so, who all is invited to that.

If anyone is, when will people be there to do all of that? Are directions avail? It might be a pain in the ****, but I think I have some really old Bose outdoor speakers somewhere in the garage I could bring. It would be a lot of work, but I wouldn't mind. I know the Jubilee's will sound good, and the Bose's would give us all a good reference point....

So, if possible, can anyone direct me to info on other activities like the farmhouse or other things going on that weekend.

Also, has anyone figured out if there is much of anything for a very supportive yet very uninterested wife and set of kids can do in the area.

Hey guys,

Since I'm new to the forum, I'm not exactly sure what the farmhouse is. are people bringing gear up to listen to then. If so, who all is invited to that.

If anyone is, when will people be there to do all of that? Are directions avail? It might be a pain in the ****, but I think I have some really old Bose outdoor speakers somewhere in the garage I could bring. It would be a lot of work, but I wouldn't mind. I know the Jubilee's will sound good, and the Bose's would give us all a good reference point....

So, if possible, can anyone direct me to info on other activities like the farmhouse or other things going on that weekend.

Also, has anyone figured out if there is much of anything for a very supportive yet very uninterested wife and set of kids can do in the area.

[:D][:D]

Terry, your message confused me...

Do you need me to bring the Bose's or not, I'm pretty sure I know which box they are in.

Plus, if I brought them maybe someone could show me how to tri amp them with some tube monoblock amps. Do you think a new set of ALK OR ALK JR's might work on them?

I'm glad you seem so excitable, I mean excited, about the big bad bose's.

Paul