the chronicles of the coyotee-o and miketn khj's (klipschorn jubilee)

Sitting next to what I'll probably power it with... McIntosh MC-2102 (tubed 100x2) for the top end and on the bottom is the dbx BX1 that we've often heard Charles talk about.

I plan on starting with them and exploring with the others afterwards.

as Mike said, it will be nice when the EV active crossovers get here. I might try Al K's, ESN 600 which is capable of 2 way action, crossing over at 600. I've been 'warned' that it might not sound good, but I'm not sure that dead silent sounds any better?

post-15072-13819307365706_thumb.jpg

Richard,

All right!!!! You got 'em. [:D]

They look fantastic. Huge. Sounds like they went in pretty easy.

I'm getting the impression both you guys are just staring at them and haven't heard them yet. [:(] Man, I'd fine some way to connect those things up to something temporarily.[6]

Couple of questions:

1) Has your TV been vibration tested?

2) Who in their right mind would sit in that chair with the music playing? It looks like a torture device. A hearing test to be sure.

Seriously, I'm just glad you have them now. I'm happy for both of you guys. I can't wait to hear some reviews (WAF included).[:D]

INSANE!

That's so nutty looking with the pretty chairs and decor and all!

I thought you guys were getting the smaller of the top horns- I like the 'torture' chair concept.

That Baby's room is done up nice, love the variable slabs o foam on the ceiling.

Well, get to wiring em up.

Can't wait until tomorrow.

Santa indeed!

M

• Moderators

Congratulations, both of you, If anybody has a setup that fits the Maxell poster " blown away " it's you two guys.

I seen and heard them in Hope, but when you see them in a home it almost looks dangerous.

The dog looks a little scared !

Don't slip with the volume knob you may blow out the windows !

dang...you guys are crazy [H]

Mike, I would love to get some of your impressions on the acoustical

treatment you've been playing with. I would definetly love to see some

of the results from your ETF too. Are you using the setup from

etfacoustic.com?

Coytee, why'd you get rid of them shipping boxes? What if you don't

like the Jubilees and want to sell them off? [;)] Btw, are the Jubilees

positioned where your khorns were going to go (ie, in the "rear" of the

room)? Or is this a room different from your future HT? (I seem to

recall you wanting to mount 3 lascalas in the wall?)

INSANE!

I thought you guys were getting the smaller of the top horns- I like the 'torture' chair concept.

WOW!

That will certainly get their attention... especially with that large HF horn. What are the dimensions of the HF horn?

Yes, listening impressions please!

Widget

dang...you guys are crazy [H]

Btw, are the Jubilees positioned where your khorns were going to go (ie, in the "rear" of the room)? Or is this a room different from your future HT? (I seem to recall you wanting to mount 3 lascalas in the wall?)

This is the living room and the wife decreed LONG ago that we'd have no 'junk' in this room junking it up (visually). She is HORRIFIED that I even THOUGHT to put a TV there... let alone cd player, let alone Peach, dbx, Mcintosh... (cough)...I think you get the idea of where THAT is going.

No, the final destination of these things is to be downstairs and that's still in stud walls. I've been working on the back room downstairs, converting a large utility room into a large utilty room/bathroom (was already plumbed as bathroom). It's going to have a shower in there, capable of something like 25/30 gmp flow (I'm on a 100 gmp well [H])

Anyways, once back room is done, I'll start on the big room and when it's done all this will be moved down there.

Personally, I STILL like the idea of some Khorns up here with a modest system if for nothing else, background music when we have a party. She's still a bit resistent to that idea. "big boxy speakers are passe' "

Edit: and yes, when the basement is completed, these will still be relegated to doing rear channel duty. The indiginity huh?

I blame shows like design-on-a-dime, while-you-were-out, what's-in-your-attic, etc.

I spent 3 years in Germany, and had a pair of clone k-horns made from Mahagany plywood in living room, and wife had no issues with it.

Today, all audio is out of sight in another room. My living room is setup like one of these shows hit it.

I'm also working on an addition, which will add a seperate HT room.

Women are poor decoraters.....Get rid of that pink ribbon on that lamp you wuss.....Shove that chair in front of the Jubil into the garage. Those speakers are being strangled by too mutch foo foo in the room....Jubles need to breath. Whats with them dolls in a baby buggy doing in that room ..Your wife is too old for dolls, throw them out. The room needs a mans touch. The room needs to smell like a horse. Get some leather in there. In fact veneer the face of the Jubilee in leather.