Homer Simpson Dies - OT

tigerwoodKhorns

This audio hobby makes it so that I do not watch very much TV. But I really like Sundays. My wife and I usually cook a nice dinner and relax on Sunday evenings to get ready for the work week.

Well, after a mere 16 years, the Simpsons is over. It went from a witty, very creative comedy to just plain unwatchable. I made the decision tonight that I just can't watch this slow painful death anymore. I guess Mythbusters is the only thing left on TV.

Guys you have to remember The Simpsons is the longest running Sitcom in prime time and the longest running animated series of all time. One reason for the this is because when Matt Groening sign the first contract it had a stipulation that the simpsons writers and staff were not given creative or executive notes from Fox executives. The Fox execs deeply regret this decision and garner alot of resentment for theSimpsons crew even though they have made them billions. It has to be hard to keep the writers fresh. There will be a simpsons movie and after that don't expect more than a season if that.

I wish future-rama had stayed on tv : (

Guys you have to remember The Simpsons is the longest running Sitcom in prime time and the longest running animated series of all time. One reason for the this is because when Matt Groening sign the first contract it had a stipulation that the simpsons writers and staff were not given creative or executive notes from Fox executives. The Fox execs deeply regret this decision and garner alot of resentment for theSimpsons crew even though they have made them billions. It has to be hard to keep the writers fresh. There will be a simpsons movie and after that don't expect more than a season if that.

I wish future-rama had stayed on tv : (

Oh, I know it is the longest running show. When MASH made it ten years it was a big deal. It should just bow out instead of dye a slow death. The same thing happened to Married with Children. Edgy and great for years, then just unwatchable.

• Moderators

Digital cable is just as bad.......thank god for Discovery and PBS HD channels.....the rest leave alot to be desired..........and I pay for it......unreal...............

Exactly ! OB

We have Dish network with everything but the movie channels and I seem to always end up on Discovery, history or one of the military channels or something like that.

I always look for the HD channels first, can't handle the Fashion channel no matter how good the HD is, now there is Bikini Destinations, a lot easier to watch.[;)]

"I wish future-rama had stayed on tv : ("

Futurama is on TV. It is on cartoon network's Adult Swim most every night. They are all re-runs of course. I agree that it is a shame more episodes were not made though. At least it did not suffer a slow painful death. There is a great new show on Adult swim called Metalocalypse, it is simply hilarious.

They are going to produce some new Futurama episodes but they will go straight to DVD. I haven't tired of the simpsons yet but then again I only catch it every now and then. I also wish Arrested Development had lasted a couple more seasons.

I think I listen to more music than watch TV now.

My girlfriend was on mythbusters but she won't show me the video LOL.

Simpson's on it's worst night it still better then 99% of the rest of the junk on TV on its best night.

Now THAT I can agree with.Compared to cops and robbers and game shows it only shows how good the Simpsons are and how bad most tv is.I also watch Futurama,pretty funny.

I'd rather watch the Simpson's any time than watch mythbusters debate

which way a piece of toast lands on the floor. Glad you like it though!

Maybe the Simpson's should do a celebrity dance race episode so America can understand the show again...

I am a huge Simpsons fan. The show had so much packed into it and so many jokes on so many levels (including obscure references which I love). Seriously, the last two weeks, the new season, are unwatchable. Not just lack of any laughing, I mean unwatchable. It reminds me of how bad Married with Children got at the end - just horrible.

I will echo that most all I watch are Discovery, TLC,

History (all versions) Military (all versions), some PBS, a little C-Span and the occasional Comedy Central.

The wife like

Spike for the re-re-re-reruns of Star Trek and all the iterations of that show,

and CSI again all iterations.

I used to like CSI at first but as I watched and they did things that were

impossible, like zooming in and in and in and in on a digital photo and refocusing

each time to be able to read a license plate in the reflection of someones

eye, well that turned me off to them entirely.