MD/DC/NO. VA Kilpsch/Musicfest Cancelled

garymd

Needless to say, I was stunned and saddened when Gary called me with the news.

I hope to get by to see him this weekend and will pass along all your best wishes.

My car broke and a newer one is on the way, and should be here by next

weekend. If that is this case I will certainly be available to

visit with, or tourist around with any folks who still decide to come

up.

The Twins are putting extra starch in their Candy Striper uniforms. They want to look there best when we visit Larry.

I would have very much enjoyed meeting new folks and renwing ties with

some of the others I met through this place, but I much more interested

in seeing Larry back up on his feet.

I would also like to tip my hat to Gary, whose been very much "on the

scene" with Larry over the last few days, a commendable display of

concern and friendship particularly given his other responsibilites.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you know, it's too late for me to cancel my ticket so I'll be coming. If there are others that would like to go to the concert I would still like to go. I hope that you would be one of those that would like to attend as well... let me know.

First and foremost, I am definitly sadden and a bit disappointed in this unfortunate turn of events. I have to agree - Larry's health and well being are first and formost. I do wish him a speedy recovery and hopefully, this whole thing can be done again at a future date.

However, since I already bought and paid for the ticket, like Mike above, I'd still like to attend the concert myself, especially as I was really, really looking forward to this! I would suggest that those of us that still want to go to the concert, perhaps meet for dinner somewhere (perhaps that Mama Lucia's place that was originally suggested)?

I'll have to find directions to get to the restaurant and the concert hall, as I've never been there before - perhaps somebody could post/e-mail them to me?

But again - my best wishes and a speedy recovery for Larry.

Hey Steve, I was referring to my plane ticket, but yeah, I guess it applies to the concert ticket as well. Guess we'll have to wait and see if Gary can get them from Larry and go from there.

Mike

Yeah, I knew you were refering to your plane ticket, but figured that since at least you are still planning to come out, as well as a couple others indicated an interest, at least we should try to salvage what we can and perhaps still do dinner and the concert.

• Moderators

Are we talking about Larry that went to the last Pilgrimage ?

Sorry, I don't know if it's the same person.

The man ' Larry ' that my wife and talked to in Hope is a very nice , soft spoken man, really a nice guy.

If it's the same person or not Good luck and recover quickly, I think it's the same man.

If it's not to forward to ask how did it happen ?

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I'd rather hold off on any further comments regarding Larry's accident for now.

As far as the concert and dinner, I'll be happy to provide directions to the restaurant and the concert. It's pretty easy and Larry already sent me a draft last week which I'll go through and email to those still planning to attend. The next item on my list is a visit to Mama Lucia's to cancel the room that Larry reserved. If it's only a handful of people, they can certainly accomodate you with no problem. It's a cafateria style restaurant with plenty of seating.

So far, Mike, Steve, Marty and a few others at most? I'll let them know there will be approximately 8 to 10 in the party just in case and maybe they'll keep a table on reserve. They're very nice folks and I'm sure under the circumstances they'll take care of us even though they don't normally take reservations.

dtel - Yes. That's the same Larry.

All I can say is Larry's very fortunant to have Gary as a friend!

I can sympathize...my 69 year old mom recently fell while my folks were in the process of packing their belongings for their move back down to FL from CT and she broke her right leg. She's mending well, but it's a real PIA for her to get around with a walker while getting her things unpacked (good thing her sons are here to help her).

Hope Larry's up and about real soon...get well!

That is just terrible news. Larry is a very nice guy, one of my close forum friends, and most certainly my best wishes go out to him. Thank you for keeping us informed, Gary, and best of luck for an abreviated get-together, even if it's only dinner and a concert.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Get well, Larry!!

Hi Larry ,

I don't believe we have ever had any contact but since you are a Klipsch brethren I wish you the best and hope for a speedy recovery !

"I bet you would not charge $700.00 to see and hear your system like your bud Gary did !"

Allthough , I must say , Gary's door prizes are very nice ! [:D]

post-18289-13819311283576_thumb.jpg

I got to the hospital today to see Larry sitting in a chair for the first time. Very encouraging. We had a short chat as his throat is still very sore. I read to him all of your posts. He was touched of course and actually chuckled a bit when I read Thebe's post about bringing the twins to see him this weekend. A very good sign.

He also told me where the tickets are so that won't be a problem. Anybody wishing to go, please let me know ASAP so we can figure out how to meet before next weekend if possible. I'd rather not wait until the last minute if that can be avoided. Mike Lindsey will be stopping at my house so maybe you could arrange to meet at Strathmore before the show and Mike can bring everyone's tickets. Just a thought.

When I asked if he needed anything he said just to pass along his heartfelt thanks to you all for the kind words, thoughts and prayers and words of encouragement. They mean a lot to him and he sincerely appreciates each and every one.

OMG I just read this. Please convey to Larry our heartfelt wishes for a speedy and full recovery and let him know he is in our thoughts and prayers. Wow I am just shocked by this. Larry is the original all around good guy. Please let him know we are thinking of him.

R/Jim

That's great news about Larry, Gary!

My buddy Rick and I are still going to the concert on Saturday night. With Larry's situation I will not be able to stay at his house for the weekend. So, I will be staying with Rick on Friday night and going to the concert on Saturday, and was hoping I could go back with you Marty, and crash at your place with the twins! [:D]

Rick has a race on Sunday and will not be able to get me to the airport on Sunday afternoon. Let me know if that works for you.

OK, so I guess we will need to know who is still going to the concert. Here was the original list from the other thread:

Larry
Garymd
Marty (Thebes)
Mike Lindsey
Rich (rplace) and Carol
DeanG & Debbie
Steve (Customsteve01) & Caroline
Scott (Boomac)
Steve (Skonopa)
Rick Poage
Sfellini (Steven)
David (Dr. Pyro) and wife

and so far I believe we have the following going:

Mike Lindsey
Rick Poage
Marty (Thebes)
Rich (rplace) and Carol
Steve (Skonopa)
David (Dr. Pyro) and girlfriend

How about the rest of you? I guess we can still plan on meeting for dinner and then go over to the concert afterwards. Please let me know who is going so we know how many tickets to bring, and whether you will be meeting for dinner. This way we can let them know how many of us there will be.

Mike

Hey Dave,

Super! That's 9 so far and Gary still may be joining us if I can talk him into it. [;)] I have updated my thread above with the headcount. We'll shore up the dinner arrangements when we know for sure who will be there.

And am in total agreement about Larry, and also Gary for making the effort to see and help his friend in a time of need.

Please let me know who is going so we know how many tickets to bring, and whether you will be meeting for dinner. This way we can let them know how many of us there will be.

Mike

I know I already said that I am going - this is to confirm that indeed, I do intend to still come up for dinner and the concert.

My original plans was that I was going to come up after work on Friday to Larry's place and stay there for the weekend (save the trip back and forth to Fredericksburg). But alas, the plan now is that I am simply going to come up that saturday afternoon for dinner and the concert and head back home to Fredericksburg after the concert.