OCTOBER HORROR FEAST! ( movie recomendations)

wheelman

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for horror movie recomendations. Seeing how it's the month of Hallow's Eve. I'm hopin to get some ideas to rent a few oldies, or new ones. I really like alot of them 80's horror flicks, but this is for everyone so recomend away. I will start off and recomend the following.

Evil Dead II

The shining

House

Fright Night

The Lost Boys

The Howling

American Werewolf in London

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A really good old drive-in classic MOTEL HELL

I just watched that last night~! I love the old horror genre.

The Lawerance Welk Show ---OMG HELP

The Naked Witch

Crypt Of Dark Secrets

Orgy Of The Dead

Killer Clowns From Outerspace

Shaun Of The Dead *****

I suggest "The Ninth Gate" with Johnny Depp. It puts him in the unusual role of a rare book dealer.

The Addams Family and Addams Family Values are good for anyone who grew up on the original TV series. Cute and funny.

Gil

The Exorcist. The original and best. This film did for the horror genre as Bob Dylan did for folk, what Guns and Roses did for "hair bands", and what Klipsch Heritage did for speakers: each of these ruined all other imitators to the point that it is worthless to continue offering new additions to thier respective genres. Not much to improve upon from here....

I can't even watch most horror genre films anymore.....although Alien is good (but I've always labeled that "sci-fi").....almost every horror genre film seems like such a cheap trick. Not that the horror genre is immune from this problem, but most of them are soooooo baaaaaad as to cast doubt on the worthiness of bothering to EVER watch a horror flick. I'm not scared or too grossed out to watch them, they're just poorly done most of the time.

But the Exorcist is a MUST SEE.

"The Changeling" has to be one of the best ghost films ever. George C. Scott is excellent in this film. No flying beds, no projectile pea soup vomit, and no other cheap shocks or FX - just a great story line with very subtle yet chilling events. Supposedly based on actual occurances in a home in Denver. Gives you a good case of the willies.