OT: real or fake tree

jacksonbart

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real, and 6 yr old daughter helped me pick it out and cut it down. Came from a tree farm that plants and maintain trees just to be Christmas tree, so I don't feel it's hurting the enviornment at all. If it wasn't going to be cut down it would never had been planted in the first place. This years is a little over 8' tall, $23 no tax, and came with free candy canes for everyone. I had to go buy an inline switch for the cord for the lights, was too tough to try and get my fat old behind behind it to plug into the wall outlet.

Always a real frasier. If we could find a decent looking fake tree that wasn't more trouble to put up than a real one, we'd buy it in a second. We've tried twice but always took it back. The trees we buy get smaller and smaller each year now that the kids are grown.

• Moderators

Fake every other year because every other year we will be somewhere else for Christmas. If I had my choice it would be fake every year, they can be very dangerous, ever burn one after the holidays, takes about 5 seconds. Although nothing beats a real tree, they smell great. Even with a fake tree you can still decorate the house with some real branches and make a wreath to get the smell.

My wife brought a real one, 8ft and $72 later the thing fell over twice, so she brought a new stand. I had been the one in charge of decorating indoors and out the last 3 years and I really wanted to get a fake tree but was voted down 1 to 1, but I think I needed a 2/3 majority to approve that one. Anyway I left the tree to her, its nice looking but still fell over twice. Being passive aggresive I ordered the fake tree on sale. Here is a close up of the branches, not too shabby, now I just need some pine candles. Top Notch!

post-16829-1381931808775_thumb.jpg

My wife brought a real one, 8ft and $72 later the thing fell over twice, so she brought a new stand. I had been the one in charge of decorating indoors and out the last 3 years and I really wanted to get a fake tree but was voted down 1 to 1, but I think I needed a 2/3 majority to approve that one. Anyway I left the tree to her, its nice looking but still fell over twice. Being passive aggresive I ordered the fake tree on sale. Here is a close up of the branches, not too shabby, now I just need some pine candles. Top Notch!

That is pretty nice looking tree you scored there.

Mine is not pre-lit. That is just a small 4 foot tree that I've had ever since I moved to Fredericksburg some 13-1/2 years ago. The tree itself packs down and I can stuff it away in the spare bedroom closet. I think I only paid something like $40 or so dollars for it. I store that box I use as a stand down in the basement. I always liked how it looks, plus that smaller tree means much less lights, ornaments and such that I have to deal with. Not only that, it is pretty unique look, with the box dressed up as a large present and so forth. I don't know anybody else that sets up their tree like that. Whenever I have friends over, they always comment on how nice that looks.