Any metal fans on these forums?

ibanezhater

All I know is that Klipsch speakers - kgs in my case - rock! I've been a metal fan for about 25 years - I had a KISS lunchbox in kindergarten. Favorite newer band is Opeth, all time fav is still old school Metallica.

I got my eye on a pair of RF83s and NAD separates - no, I won't be buying the new Diana Krall CD anytime soon!

I also like the Dead, Bob Marley, jazz, and prog rock.

Long live Klipsch!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Knockin Diane Krall as I have a lot of her stuff.

I listened to DISTURBED, "Down with the Sickness" this am on my cheapy Ford Factory Stereo.

May have to stick this in my big sytem tonight. I may choose Korn instead. My wife likes that.

jc

All I know is that Klipsch speakers - kgs in my case - rock! I've been a metal fan for about 25 years - I had a KISS lunchbox in kindergarten. Favorite newer band is Opeth, all time fav is still old school Metallica.

I got my eye on a pair of RF83s and NAD separates - no, I won't be buying the new Diana Krall CD anytime soon!

I also like the Dead, Bob Marley, jazz, and prog rock.

Long live Klipsch!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JgiGrXpOhYg

I see you also prefer Fender eh?

Hmm, Dukester might have another rocker in his neck-o-day-woods[:o]

I had that same lunch box but I was a senior in high school carrying mine, I still prefer Zep the Godfathers of metal[;)]

Welcome aboard matey

I like Fender tube amps for more mellow stuff. I have a Peavey 5150 Van Halen model combo for the death metal stuff.

I still have the orignal thermos!

try the new cd by BUCKETHEAD ...buckethead & friends, ( all i can say is it' the best i've heard in a long time)

its called INTER THE CHICKEN

CHECK OUT HIS WEBSITE BUCKETHEAD.COM

it was produced by the singer from system of a down

who rock quite well on my k-horns

Buckethead is sick!!! This guy can shred like a mofo.

As a lead guitarist I'm a little chagrined that I have not heard of any of those groups except Rush (have the Presto album). I have heard Metallica on the radio occasionally and find I like it. Compared to other metal music they seem to be almost accidentally musical without being overly serious about it, and they seem to have something to say or make you think about vs just noisey banging. The guitar player is strangly not that good and makes obvious mistakes (like finishing his leads in the wrong mode), but that seems to be part of their charm, likewise with the singer's habit of grunting the end of his lines... it works. I think technically they can't compete with some others, but that does not seem to matter - they seem to get right to the heart of whatever metal is about without distracting flash and fury. What's their best album?

I like Fender amps, too.

"What's their best album?"

Metallica?

Dunno about the best one, but the best albums are Kill 'em All, Ride the Lightning, and Master of Puppets. Then the original bass player died. Which was kind of a prodigy himself, and he had a bit to do with the original Metallica sound IMO....

They picked up another bass player and did "Garage Days Revisted". A good album but they just did favorite songs of other bands, and didn't write any songs.

"Justice For All" was the next album, and a good album, but the bass was recorded wretched.....whomp and thump though the whole album.....

I'm a old fan, and when the "Black" album came out, I wasn't too thrilled with the sound, but I liked a few songs. It's not really a bad album.

They sold out to Bob Rock, turned their backs on the original fans, claimed they grew up and now churn out garbage. JMHO.......

I'm a little dated I suppose....

Sepultura,S.O.D, M.O.D, Exodus, Anthrax, Venom, Grip Inc, Overkill, Destruction, Accept, Type O Negative, White Zombie, Obiturary, Fantomas, An*l C*nt, Coal Chamber, Old Slayer, Riot, D.R.I, Budgie, GWAR, Green Jello? Slipknot "Iowa" ain't bad.......on and on...

post-6643-13819321223976_thumb.jpg