Another Jubilee Build in Progress

rigma

Here is a Photo Shop rendition of what I have in mind for the finish. Thanks pauln. Comments please.

wow!! that is going to look nice! just one small suggestion......on the wood borders around the horn, it might look better to miter (45 degree cut) the individual pieces instead of butt joining them together. just a thought.....and you asked!

have a blessed night,

roy delgado

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is a Photo Shop rendition of what I have in mind for the finish. Thanks pauln. Comments please.

wow!! that is going to look nice! just one small suggestion......on the wood borders around the horn, it might look better to miter (45 degree cut) the individual pieces instead of butt joining them together. just a thought.....and you asked!

have a blessed night,

roy delgado

Yea Roy, that is what I will do. pauln did the original photo shop for me and I did not know how to change from butt to bevel. They are Black now. Hope to veneer tomorrow. Man I am getting close now!

rigma

post-7441-13819329549196_thumb.jpg

Marion. Wow.

Your spray gun cost 1.5x more than my 2 jubilee clone cabinets....MADE!

Nice work. Heck of a lot easier to assemble than make pretty. I run out of gas when the perty part comes.

Last time I made some cabinets look "professional", I screwed up my entire garage and lungs.

jc

post-16499-13819329617894_thumb.jpg

The veneer has been applied to the fronts. Next is to sand and seal the veneer, 2 day process. Paint the top and bottom access panels, and edge band them. Haul upstairs Wednesday evening, install woofers and 402. The goal is to fire them up by this weekend! More pics posted today at www.jubilation.ws.

rigma

post-7441-13819329629368_thumb.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous! The speakers look really good too.

Fantastic work Marion. What part of Nashville are you in? I would love to see those cabinets up close some time, and get good look at your shop. It's all very impressive, what you have accomplished. With all the reinforcing you did on those cabs, they are really built better than the Klipsch cabinets.

Bruce

Absolutely gorgeous! The speakers look really good too.

Fantastic work Marion. What part of Nashville are you in? I would love to see those cabinets up close some time, and get good look at your shop. It's all very impressive, what you have accomplished. With all the reinforcing you did on those cabs, they are really built better than the Klipsch cabinets.

Bruce

Bruce,

Thanks for the kind words. I live about 20 mi. east of Nashville in Lebanon. You are welcome to stop by anytime. There will be no shop though, that is my garage and will be cleaned up and have cars back in it in a few days..LOL

rigma

Good match on the veneers.

We spent allot of time finding that match. The first piece of veneer, the one on the website, had to be exchanged because we could not get a match. Even though it was a prettier piece the pattern on that sheet was off center just enough to prevent cutting 2 similar panels. The pieces we ending up using had to be cut from the center of the 4' x 8' sheet.

rigma

Top notch work Rigma, You sure put the kabosh on WAF with that look. I still think a piece of your grill cloth with elastic sewn in and then streched over the 402 would be the ticket and an enexpensive solution to covering the horn and screw holes on that outer perimeter but that is JMO. Incredible work and super documentation of the journey[;)]

Wow. LOL!!! I can't wait to see what that horn section's going to look like after finishing off to tie in with the bottom. And the side grills. I guess the matching wood frame around the horn will make it look less overwhelming. Nice.

I want Jubilees now!