OT: What's your favorite coffee, or other AM beverage?

Piranha

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like a good med/dark roast Kenya AA or Sumatra, then again a Kona hits the spot. Coffee is best brewed at a temp of 195 to 205 and most all automatic drip machines just can't get hot enough, also it should take no more than 6 minutes and again auto drip pots can't do this. For me, when I want to savor my coffee, I use a manual drip pot with an electric kettle with a temp gauge. Yes it is more fuss but the taste is worth it. And yes I do have an auto drip pot but I don't use it for high quality coffee.

I work for Starbucks so I might be a bit biased. However, I love the espresso from Pete's Coffee, Casa Cielo and Komodo Dragon from Starbucks and Java, when you could get it (destroyed most farms with the tsunami). Blue Mountain is famously good and everyone has to love a little Kona Coffee!

I really like a bold, complex coffee; which is why I like Asian and African coffees so much.

Whole Foods has some pretty good beans, my wife buys them and grinds, we take a run over to Louisville once in awhile to get the stuff.

I think some Starbucks is good and Dunkin Donuts coffee is VERY good.

I like plain old Maxwell House too, good coffee.

That Sanseo stuff you make in their machines is good, there are other pods you can use in the machines too and DIY pod deals that you fill with your own coffee, use and then clean and reuse.

Starbucks in particular - the wife grinds beans every morning and brews fresh. We have tried nearly every bean they have, but of anything, most prefer the bold types (French and Espresso roasts) - coffee AIN'T coffee if it's all mucked up with cream and sweets. Not to say I don't LIKE the occasional Starbucks "creamy dreamy", but for everyday consumption, black fresh brewed with just a smidge of vanilla syrup does the trick.

Pete's is also very good, though I prefer it less.

Chris

• Moderators

Plain old Community Coffee & Chicory , New Orleans Blend, strong.......... I know "Chicory" most people think it's crazy to add it to coffee but it does have a different taste. It's what I'm used to though, pure coffee taste flat to me, never claimed to be normal !

I use my Grandfathers 90 year old drip pot, it has seen alot of coffee.

Although I do like the flavored coffee's.

• Moderators

if your not using a french press try one and enlighten yourself

for me i like a bold coffee or dark roast

Though like I said, a manual drip is my prefered way to make it, a french press is just dandy also. OF COURSE EVERYONE HERE GRINDS THEIR OWN BEANS JUST BEFORE BREWING............... RIGHT?

Nope, most of the time, sleeping just before brewing, the last thing I want to hear is a coffee grinder.[:S]

Used to get 8 o'clock 100% columbian beans per a recommendation. Then decided to cut down. Got a Senseo pod machine and oh boy, is it nice. All frothy and instantly made cup by cup (large or small for a more cappucino type deal). No muss/fuss. I've yet to make my own pods though.

http://www.illy.com/usa/?l1=1 illy < coffee is awesome... I watched a whole hour show on "The Food Network" one time on this illy coffee brand.. I got "hooked" and still like it like 4 years later.

Starbucks is good too. (various varieties for different times of the year too.)

My best advice for making coffee at home... ALWAYS use filtered or bottled water.. It will make a HUGE difference.