OT: What's your favorite coffee, or other AM beverage?

Piranha

Yes, plastic and reuseable. I bit of a pain in the neck to use but they save you money in the long run and allow the use of more types of coffee in your machine.

We don't use them all the time, sometimes we use Senseo or Maxwell House pods and sometimes we use the gizmos with various coffees.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TB - Thanks! I'm definitely going to order those. I've not tried other pod companies yet. Just Senseo. Target sells it for a buck cheaper than the grocery stores so I use it as an excuse to go there. Target is fun and now have been revamped to include interesting food items. Saw some type of scallop/lobster appetizer there which sort of freeked me out.

I'm wanting to limit my coffee to 1 cup a day. I find I have a better night's sleep without too much. I sleep fine. I just feel more refreshed without OD'ing on coffee the day before. I've been using more of the Senseo decaf pods and now find decaf sure has improved.

John,

I believe Greyfriar's downtown often has some Kenya AA. A lot of Ian's coffee is very good, he does a good job roasting.

Definitely
need to use water without the chlorine in it. For making coffee or tea.
You will not need nearly as much coffee or tea that way, and the flavor
will be way better.

Plain old Community Coffee & Chicory , New Orleans Blend, strong.......... I know "Chicory" most people think it's crazy to add it to coffee but it does have a different taste. It's what I'm used to though, pure coffee taste flat to me, never claimed to be normal !

I use my Grandfathers 90 year old drip pot, it has seen alot of coffee.

Although I do like the flavored coffee's.

They make a good pot o joe down there at Dtels- and the appliance for doing so is a veritable antique. Like camping out indoors! [Y] That's one of the first pieces of equipment you have to be 'checked out' on when doing an overnight.

Believe it or not I have never even tasted coffee in my life...and I am going to be 47 in March.

I was maried for 15 years and neither my wife nor I drank it. We gave away coffee makers that were given to us.

I am now remarried and guess what....she doesn't drink coffee either. We don't have a coffee maker, and I found that I dislike tea too.

My 17 year old son works at a Jittery Joes and makes all those fancy coffee drinks, but I won't be drinking any of them.

Diet Coke is about as far as I go.

Believe it or not I have never even tasted coffee in my life...and I am going to be 47 in March.

I was maried for 15 years and neither my wife nor I drank it. We gave away coffee makers that were given to us.

I am now remarried and guess what....she doesn't drink coffee either. We don't have a coffee maker, and I found that I dislike tea too.

My 17 year old son works at a Jittery Joes and makes all those fancy coffee drinks, but I won't be drinking any of them.

Diet Coke is about as far as I go.

I'll buy you a cup...the first ones on me!

Plain old Community Coffee & Chicory , New Orleans Blend, strong.......... I know "Chicory" most people think it's crazy to add it to coffee but it does have a different taste. It's what I'm used to though, pure coffee taste flat to me, never claimed to be normal !

They make a good pot o joe down there at Dtels- and the appliance for doing so is a veritable antique. Like camping out indoors! [Y] That's one of the first pieces of equipment you have to be 'checked out' on when doing an overnight.

colter, but what's your favorite coffee, and how many cups do you drink per day?

I drink about 8 cups of Peet's a day. Needless to say, I am like the Energizer bunny. [;)]

colter, but what's your favorite coffee, and how many cups do you drink per day?

I drink about 8 cups of Peet's a day. Needless to say, I am like the Energizer bunny. [;)]

Yeah, like I need the caffiene! [:o]

Seriously a Diet Mountian Dew in the am.

Earl Gray tea in the afternoon (the drink of Rock Stars baby!)

Rarely coffee although I am found of Starbucks Christmas blend (made at home -$4 for coffee- are you MAD?)

The interesting thing about Earl Grey, is that the ingredient that makes it so good is the herb bergamot, a member of the mint family. What makes this interesting for US citizens is that because of the tax on tea and the resultant protests during colonial times, tea was basically boycotted, and a tea (literally a tissane) brewed from bergamot was used as a replacement. Sorry for the digression but horticulture is a hobby of mine.