Your Other Hobbies!

PhilMays

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i am soooo sorry to hear that one. i can't top it but i can add to it.

my wife calls me during lunch (6:00pm-i am a night shift guy) and all i hear is "your daughter broke her nose and blood is everwhere!" after a quick "Huh? What? and How?" she then says "she was standing on the couch, sliped, and she jammed her noise,the nose is all bunched up at the bridge! she has a couple of knots there."

i leave work, wait 5 hours to hear a 10 minute lecture on, no matter what happens to a nose, there is nothing we can do. once the swelling goes down call the these people (he hands me a paper with 2 names circled), pats my daughter on the head and walks out.

(i am leaving a few things out, the doctor was very nice, and did explain everything to us. bottom line is, unless they knock themselves out, vomit, or crush their face in, there is nothing anyone will do untill the swelling goes down.)

not trying to out do you, mine is not even close, but i will end up paying around $500 for a 10 minute speach.

Kids and grandkids - Although all three kids are long gone out on their own, I still enjoy them so, so much... and my grandbabies are (of course) the best!

Fly fishing - Although I've been doing this for a fairly long time, I still pretty much stink at it! Even so, I did manage to catch (and release) a whole bunch of native 'cutts' in Yellowstone country this past summer.

Photography - Still like 'film'... but I am an old geezer!

Cars - For a while, I was a Porsche owner (924, 912, 911)... and would still like to be. But until I rejoin the Porsche crown (which, by the way, is really unlikely!), I'll enjoy my "Z"

Woodworking - When i retired, I had a little shop built out behind the house (and I do mean little). Still, it's useful but required me to be a lot 'cleaner' than is natural for me to be.

I always wanted to get into RC planes!!!

Cheerz,

Rob

Posted Image

Posted Image

not being biased, but if you like fishing you need to check out Arkansas. i have been told by many people it's the best fishing place around. best fresh water trout and bass fishing there is.

I don't fish but your right. Yesterday work took me through the heart of it. Norfork river, spring river, flippin ( where supposedly they build the best bass boat, Ranger ) even a natural bridge in the hills, whatever that was.

arky, even though i like texas more because all the stuff that is here, shopping, eating, entertainment, etc. i still love arkansas for the clean air and the scenery! i think it's one of the most beautiful places i have been. (it can get a little boring at times). maybe one day when i get older i will enjoy the fishing there or something like that.

Does THERAPY count as a hobby? [;)]

But, seriously:

Our Grand Kids are my #1

Video and Still Photography

Digital Darkroom (photoshopping and computer graphics)

Post Production Video Editing

Hot Sauce Collecting (and using)

Outdoor Cooking and Smoking

Freelance writing

Theater Design and Consulting for others

Audio Recording Engineering (Studio work)

Landscaping & Gardening (design and practice)

Designing stuff for my freinds and family using CAD and Manual Sketches

Reading

Web Site Design

Woodworking

Antique Radios

Cars

Model Trains

Crossword Puzzles

others....

About One-Third of my Hot Sauce Collection (Click on the photo to enlarge and view the labels)

post-10177-1381932971561_thumb.jpg

Rob, looks like a great place to fish. The Z also looks like fun !

dtel...

Yep, it was indeed! Late last summer, my sweetie-pie wife sprang for me to go on my 'dream' fly fishing trip. Eleven days in Yellowstone country. Went by horseback some 4 1/2 hours up Slough Creek (well into Montana). The water was waaaaaay low and slow and the fish were wary. It was all 'sight casting' to native cutts and - thanks to an absolutely wonderful guide - my skills improved quite a bit (from, say, stinkey all the way up to barely medicore!). Nearly froze in my tent at night... 22-degrees every night! The days were warm(ish) and wonderful. The outfitter prepared true gormet dinners out of just the stuff he brought up on the mules... cheesecake, too!

Although it's no 911 (!), the "Z" is a very nice car. Very precise and responsive... it would walk all over my last Porsche (but that was over 25 years ago, it wouldn't begin to comapre to a newish 911, new Boxster-S, or Cayman-S. Wife thinks it too 'confining'. You probably can't tell from the photo, but I took off the factory front brakes andinstalled Stoptech 13.5", 4-piston-per-wheel brakes. Fantastic stopping power, and better yet, outstanding modulation.

Cheerz,

Rob

not being biased, but if you like fishing you need to check out Arkansas. i have been told by many people it's the best fishing place around. best fresh water trout and bass fishing there is.

Thanks, InVeNtOR... tell me more! I'm no bass fisherman, but I have often thought that there surely must be some trout lurking in those beautiful Arkansas streams! I just don't know where to go... or when.

Best to you,

Rob

I'm no bass fisherman, but I have often thought that there surely must be some trout lurking in those beautiful Arkansas streams! I just don't know where to go... or when.

Best to you,

Rob

Hit the White River below the Bull Shoals Dam for some wonderful Rainbow and Brown Trout fishing. My dad lives near there in Flippin and some of the best fishing trips I have ever had were there.

Jeremy

Speedball, they are 24" BMX Racers or sometimes known as California cruisers. They are basically the same as a boys 20" BMX bike in a 24" frameset. It's all my friends ride back home in Austin, Austin seems to have an entire subculture of cruiser (single speed bikes) riders from all walks of life, very diverse and just a blast to ride. I have rode 100 mile (Austin to Shiner Brewery ride every year) and area Mountian bikes races and I can tell you how I garnered respect from the Mountian bike guys was coming in second or third in their geared bike races[;)]

Dtel, Michael showed you what a guy putting into a basket looks like and you just play the game like ball golf except you throw specially designed disc instead of using a ball. Great fun and I bet your town has a course or there is one near by. I played the Southern Nationals Tournament in Mobile last year[:D]

Speedball, they are 24" BMX Racers or sometimes known as California cruisers. They are basically the same as a boys 20" BMX bike in a 24" frameset. It's all my friends ride back home in Austin, Austin seems to have an entire subculture of cruiser (single speed bikes) riders from all walks of life, very diverse and just a blast to ride. I have rode 100 mile (Austin to Shiner Brewery ride every year) and area Mountian bikes races and I can tell you how I garnered respect from the Mountian bike guys was coming in second or third in their geared bike races[;)]

Nice. There is a bike shop within walking distance of our house and for kick I like to check them out. My younger brother and myself used to spend an entire day riding in the woods and come home covered top to bottom with mud. That was before these exotic offroad bikes with disc brakes. My wife never did learn to ride...[:(]

about the breaks in the Z, Nissan doesn't put out junk. i own an 03 altima and i love it. its the "special addition" and my wife and i love driving it. even though it's a 4 banger it has some good power. it's not as fast as my 97 trans am ws6, but it's fun to drive!