Put a face behind your username!

tommyboy

Thanks guys. Yes, we are very blessed to still have mom with us and in such great condition. She takes very good care of herself and she luckily comes from good genes. It's also a blessing just how well she and my wife get along together living under the same roof: something that doesn't always work out for everybody. A couple of years dad died in 1978, we noticed that mom was beginning to sink into a sort of "funk"; not going anywhere, not eating right and not taking care of her house. My wife suggested we ask her to move in with us for a 6-month trial period. She took us up on it and there was never any need for her to go back! A year later we sold her house to a friend of mine, just in case she ever wanted to buy her house back. I am proud to say that our lives and the lives of our two kids (who are now both adults living in homes of their own) have been enriched by having mom live with us. She's no slacker as she is an intergral part of our daily lives. She cooks, cleans, washes, runs errands; all of the same things each of us do or are expected to do during the course of a day. She has her own car (Focus ZX3) and her own bedroom and TV and privacy if she wants it. She lives with us rent-free and offers to help out with the food costs. She also takes turns with me buying the booze and mix! I truly believe that all of the activity is what keeps her young. She's always had a young, open mind as well.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Klipsch Employees

Thanks guys. Yes, we are very blessed to still have mom with us and in such great condition. She takes very good care of herself and she luckily comes from good genes. It's also a blessing just how well she and my wife get along together living under the same roof: something that doesn't always work out for everybody. A couple of years dad died in 1978, we noticed that mom was beginning to sink into a sort of "funk"; not going anywhere, not eating right and not taking care of her house. My wife suggested we ask her to move in with us for a 6-month trial period. She took us up on it and there was never any need for her to go back! A year later we sold her house to a friend of mine, just in case she ever wanted to buy her house back. I am proud to say that our lives and the lives of our two kids (who are now both adults living in homes of their own) have been enriched by having mom live with us. She's no slacker as she is an intergral part of our daily lives. She cooks, cleans, washes, runs errands; all of the same things each of us do or are expected to do during the course of a day. She has her own car (Focus ZX3) and her own bedroom and TV and privacy if she wants it. She lives with us rent-free and offers to help out with the food costs. She also takes turns with me buying the booze and mix! I truly believe that all of the activity is what keeps her young. She's always had a young, open mind as well.

She's always had a young, open mind as well.

Thus your hippie ways in the 70's...[<:o)]

So you have a shot to hang on your dart board the next time Kaiser fires you up[;)] This would be I, my oldest and my middle one[:D]

Forgive me, but its hard to gage age with out hair (not a slam, loosing mine myself, so we are on the same team), but that young boy is your middle child?

Most of you are probably tired of looking at my mug on here, so here's a nice picture of mom (Ms. Rose) as we have one of our Friday evening cocktail hours in our HT before dinner.

She'll come down the stairs with a fresh bucket of ice and ask me, "Is the bar open??" Now, how could I possibly say no?

Jim Beam Choice Bourbon and 7-up on the rocks....CHEERS! ...did I mention she likes Depeche Mode, Pink Floyd and Tina Turner and she still drives? Not bad for almost 88!

Glen, what a doll!! Enjoy every minute with her!

• Moderators

Picky, you should bring your mother to Indy, I would love to meet her, and I'm sure many others would also !

My mother lives with us , because her house is gone, you are lucky to have the time spent with her.

• Moderators

Kevin on the left and Sam Alito on the right. Quite fitting actually....

Very nice Kevin. I had a bunch of photos taken when I was at the supreme court, with Kennedy who I know pretty well, and Ginsberg who I met for the first time. But nothing came out unfortunately. I like yours, came out great.

Travis

• Moderators

better?

Well , thanks for getting the debris off but who's eyes are those ?

Kinda freaky looking , like a brother or someone else that looks like me .

I took that pic during tropical storm Ernesto last year . The water was all churned up and sea grass and all kinds of stuff was in the water . Also fried my camera exposing it to the blowing rain .

I was wondering though if you could help me out with this bruise I received a couple hours later when the wind switched offshore . This incident ended my day .

Oh yeah ,

The culprit looked something like this only meaner .

Sunburn,

You are really starting to make me mad. First photos of the boards. Now a photo of a double breaking wave that you can take either left or right and you just know it going to produce pumping barrels.

Travis

Kaiser: Ditto what oldbuckster said: 2 very handsome young men...they must take after the Mrs.? [;)] [6] (Sorry man, I couln't resist after what oldbuckster said!)

dtel and the rest: Thanks again everyone for your warm comment about mom! You're all right: we DO cherish the time we get to spend with Ms. Rose. I have my Saturday and Sunday mornings with her too at our kitchen table, dicussing just about any topic over the morning newspaper and a pot of coffee. Just mom and I drink coffee. Miss Verna is a teatotaler. Mom and I have always been early riser's while Verna loves to sleep in when she can.

If we were to bring mom to the pilgrimage, she would probably have a blast on Saturday evening meeting everyone and having dinner and such. But the rest of the time would probably prove pretty boring to her. She loves to get out and drive over to a Super K-Mart or WalMart and push a cart around to get her walking in. She loves shopping. She also enjoys curling up and watching old Westerns on TV, too. I'd be concerned to have her driving around Indy and be unfamiliar with it, so there's really not much for her to do the rest of the time we'd be there. I know the tour of the facility would not be a "high-point" for her. But with her being the great person she is; she'd never let on to any body that she wasn't interested in what she was seeing. Isn't that great! She's been such a wonderful role model for us and our kids and now her great grand children!