Wives!!

wuzzzer

My wife took an extremely strong dislike to the JBL Paragon I brought home once. I mean, who could dislike 700 pounds and 9 feet of aggressively Danish Modern furniture? More than once she mentioned Viking funerals, with me lashed to it while it floated down the Mississippi, while she stood on the shore shooting flaming arrows into it.

She does like the Shorthorns, though.

One of the saddest things I've ever heard was on this forum. I forget the details, but the gist of it was a fellow found a like new 1960's dream system stacked in a closet after his father died. Evidently the father hadn't "consulted" on buying the stereo, and so had locked it away after the initial battles, never to use it again.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone has trouble with the wife, just show her THIS. She'll consider herself lucky to have only a pair of teensy little Forte's in the house.

(note: I am unmarried and do not pretend to give relationship advice)

My wife loves the "Colter wall of speakers". Makes me appear sane.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-Forte-Speakers-1987-original-owner_W0QQitemZ320104797286QQihZ011QQcategoryZ14993QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"They have served me well for 20 years, but my wife thinks they are too big for our living room.... As for the sound, I've never heard better."

[:@]

Thats why I got rid of the wife. hehe, no really I did get rid of her, not for that exact reason but....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-Forte-Speakers-1987-original-owner_W0QQitemZ320104797286QQihZ011QQcategoryZ14993QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"They have served me well for 20 years, but my wife thinks they are too big for our living room.... As for the sound, I've never heard better."

[:@]

and his new girlfriend was moving in - and she didn't like the speakers. Pictures in the guy's house showed that the new girl was smoking hot - so go figure - we all have our priorities, and our breaking point.

Carl.

Not a bad trade if you have her guarantee that she substitute sex for the missing listening time!!

One of the saddest things I've ever heard was on this forum. I forget the details, but the gist of it was a fellow found a like new 1960's dream system stacked in a closet after his father died. Evidently the father hadn't "consulted" on buying the stereo, and so had locked it away after the initial battles, never to use it again.

The antithesis to this story is that my wife, at 21, co-signed for my Klipshorns since she had a credit rating and I was a cash and carry for too long after 18. They arrived right after our honeymoon. She vacated the premises for a full day so I could drink imported beer and crank some tunes with 2 buddies. That was 30 years ago and I got her Heresy's for Xmas in 1983 (we still have them), while she got me the first (Sony) CD player ever made by cashing in a Life Insurance policy. She also arranged a Trip to the Klipsch factory in Hope in Aug. of 1985 for my 31's birthday in June (where we also spent the day at PWK's house). THAT is true love!! I am one lucky guy!!

I'm sorry...any future wife of mine will just have to accept my '79 Cornwalls and my '04 RB-75 monitors. I refuse to sell my things just because she doesn't like their looks or they take up too much space.[:@]

You all need a wife like mine, who thinks that bringing some Genelex KT66 into the fold for her "birthday month" was a good idea[8-|] One night of those playing and she WANTED them! She also likes shiny Mac chrome and Heritage Klipsch. In the beginning she did have a "whatthehellareyoudoing" kind of look when I brought that first pair of Cornwalls home....but as the incremental upgrades progressed, she caught on REAL quick. Especially with the tube gear.....very sensitive to tube rolling and cap changes.

She doesn't know much of anything about how they work, but she likes the results. When the tube system is non-operational for any reason, she voices her preference for music listening on that system[A]

Lemme get this straight. 1)They've been in the living room for 20 years. 2)Wife decides they're too big after 20 years. 3)He agrees and promptly puts them up for sale. .........He got caught cheating on her. For sure. No doubt. Nothing else could explain it.

• Moderators

Years ago she did not care for any of this stuff. Then when I started looking to get back into this hobby right after " pro logic " died and true 5.1 was the new thing. I started looking for a new set of 6 speakers, I got her involved looking and comparing different brands.

The more we looked the more she learned, we ended up with some Klipsch Synergy for about a year, then when we started with the first pair of Forte ll's she was completely hooked. Gave the Synergy to a relative and hunted more Forte's.

Six Forte's later we go to a little town called Hope to meet some people, listen to some music and take a tour of a plant. While there at this farmhouse listening to some music this company, you may know them '' Klipsch ", decides to give away a prize ? Who new, well the picked my name [:|], that was the actual look on my face, then they told me what I won, Cornwall lll's, I almost fell out my chair, really. Then my face looked like this [:D], It still does when I look at them or play them or just think about that weekend !

So now it's 6 Forte's, 2 Cornwall lll's and a sub in the living room, and she wants MORE !

So the moral of the story is get your wife involved, go to a Pilgrimage , YOU NEVER KNOW !

Thanks Klipsch, and all the nice people we met there and on this forum ! [Y]

I always like reading that story dtel & you're obviously enjoying them. I want new lascalas but taxes killed me dead.

Edit: I was going to edit cornwalls in but I guess you're still enjoying dtel's wife also, huh?

• Moderators

Sorry to hear that the new Lascalas sound great.

Yes she likes them as much as I do, she loves music, especially if it's music she can dance to.

I am very lucky to have her, and not just because she likes a room full of Klipsch ! And she putt's up with with my [bs] !

Sorry to hear that the new Lascalas sound great.

Yes she likes them as much as I do, she loves music, especially if it's music she can dance to.

I am very lucky to have her, and not just because she likes a room full of Klipsch ! And she putt's up with with my [bs] !

And you hand her alot, you old fart...............My wife could care less about the equipment, thinks I should grow up, yeah, me too, but let me play something she likes, and it's turn it up..........So, I do, unlike dtel, I do what I'm told............[;)].....EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!