It's been nice knowing ya!

PhilMays

Congrats and best of luck!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I'm not normally one to offer marital advice, but adding to what has been said, there will be times when your position will be logically reasonable (or at least philosophically sound), and her position completely irrational, yet you will be dead wrong, and that's that! So just give it up, and hope the next one goes your way.

BTW, our 19th anniversary comes up next month (which means next year I'll be spending big bucks on something non-audio in nature, with no tangible benefits, and described in terms such as color, cut, clarity, carat [:|]).

Congratulations my butt![:D]

Run Forest, run!

I think Dylan Thomas said it best:

DO NOT GO GENTLE INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,

Because their words had forked no lightning they

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright

Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,

And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight

Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,

Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Oh what the hey, couldn't be happier for you and please send me all you gear after she makes you throw it out.

I think Michael liked spending the time with the bride...

All I can say is that every bit of it can get better over time... and I mean everything!

Bruce

That's me, always a playground instructor, never a killer. Beautiful women came into my life, paid me money, then left me empty....

Congrats Phil,she must see something in you she likes so I wouldn't change anything.Don't forget these important lines from the man song.

I don't take no crap from anybody.......else but you. And I don't want to hear alot of whining...so I'll shut up. The sooner you learn who's boss around here...the sooner you can give me my orders dear.A Man's gotta do what a man's gotta do...and I'm gonna do what you tell me to.

Disclaimer;I don't subscribe to any of that racket,be yourself,if they can handle that,they can handle anything.

Phil,

Congratulations!!!

Dee has some very good advice. Women do not need men to "fix" stuff...they need men to "just listen" sometimes.

Have lots of fun and enjoy yourself. Congrats to you and your wife.

This is one of the most important rules we have managed to establish in our house. If SWMBO has a problem and wants to find a solution she talks to me and I will suggest one or more.

If she just wants someone to listen to her problem without offering a solution she calls one of her friends.

We did try it with me being the listener but because I can nod off under these "I see" conversations I was also half watching a football match (soccer) and just as she got to the heart rending bit United scored and I was leaping around the room with joy - call it bad timing if you will.

Still - on the bright side - she has started watching soccer with me now - but only because she fancies United's new golden boy Ronaldo.....

Being one of the forum's newlyweds myself I probably don't qualify for the advice department, but the past 4 months have been the greatest 4 months of my life. Enjoy and may God bless you both abundantly. Now this reminds me that I should probably get to writing those thank-you notes!!![*-)]

• Like 1

Congratulations on the coming nuptuals. I think it's absolutely fabulous.

I'd still be married if i remembered the basic and simple rules for a happy marriage.

1: Think before you answer

2: Tatoo anniversarys and birthdays where you are reminded regularly of the dates.

3: Have glass tops made for the CWs instead of yelling about plants on your most prized possessions.

4: Buy her a system for her use and let her "help" pick it out.

5: Just shut up and go with the flow. Remember this was YOUR choice. Live with it.

6: Don't Panic, take a deep breath, and remember she wants YOU.

7: Be happy and cherish the great gift you've been lucky to find.

I'd be happy to lie and give you an alibi for any purchases or trips concerning new audio.

HarryO

My best advice... And things will go crazy... Look her in the eyes... Tell her you love her.. (and mean it) And say this.., " <Insert her name here> were on cruise control..... This way, no matter what happens these next few hours... AND SOMETHING ALWAYS DOES (eg. We lost a bridesmaid 48 hrs beforehand, we had a friend step in, and no one knew. And actually truth be told... She was a much better stand in! LOL)

You know your in this together, and everything WILL work itself out!

Have fun, but both of you do not get drunk before or at the reception. (Drunk new hubbies and wives are sad...) Appreciate those that came to your ceremony too.

And do this to on your Honeymoon, do some things out of your comfort zone you will laugh at and smile for the rest of your lives.. We still do!

My best advice... And things will go crazy... Look her in the eyes... Tell her you love her.. (and mean it) And say this.., " <Insert her name here> were on cruise control..... This way, no matter what happens these next few hours... AND SOMETHING ALWAYS DOES (eg. We lost a bridesmaid 48 hrs beforehand, we had a friend step in, and no one knew. And actually truth be told... She was a much better stand in! LOL)

You know your in this together, and everything WILL work itself out!

Have fun, but both of you do not get drunk before or at the reception. (Drunk new hubbies and wives are sad...) Appreciate those that came to your ceremony too.

And do this to on your Honeymoon, do some things out of your comfort zone you will laugh at and smile for the rest of your lives.. We still do!

Why Indy, were you drunk at your wedding? Do you remember the wedding?

Being drunk appears quite different to someone who is also drunk vs. someone who is stone sober. True?