The General Lee

Well , it's a nice piece and I did see a show on speed channel showing John driving the car at the open road race . But it's no more original than the many created for the show .

Yep,there were many "generals".I saw one at a junk yard with the orange painted over with blue.You can easily tell if they were,the trunk is full of concrete(or was)to keep the nose from going straight down on those wacky jumps,which also rots the trunk floor.

Yeah I have heard "Bo Duke" on several radio stations talking about this auction, and pitching his new "family" movie. Apparently this is from his own collection, and was used during the last original "Dukes" show (not the recent crapfests). I think he said he is selling it to help pay for his new movie, or maybe he was joking.

I don't care if the car was owned and driven by Jesus himself.. It ain't worth what the auction appears to be bringing.. Even if it had the original 426 hemi in it.. The dash instruments are not even original.... Somebody here is paying for a name and may not realize that this one, altho supposedly the last(but made in late 90's) really has no value beyond sentiment. AT this price I could afford to own a couple of dusies...

dave

DP, anyone who is bidding on this car KNOWS that it is only one of many that were made and KNOWS it is not stock. The reason for the price is BECAUSE it is tied to Hollywood and the film industry and who owned it. They destroyed many of these cars for the TV show years ago, I would guess a couple hundred of them as a car is only good for one jump (TV style anyway) and most were destroyed on landing.

If you have enough money to seriously bid on this car then have at it, why moan about why someone is buying it?

OMFG, now I've seen everything.

Nearly $10 mil for a POS hollywood car. For that kinda cash I'll take an Ferrari Enzo, a Carrera GT, buy a small island and build a racetrack, with a big mansion and a long long long fishing peer leading to my modest 60ft fishing yatch. Then I'd invite all you crazy mutha's from the forum for a little shindig on the beach.